Little sister to Alice

Hello pregnant with baby #2 and need help with a middle name. Big sister is [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Aline[/name_f], which are both family names. We are set on [name_f]Violet[/name_f] for the first name. We would love to use a family name for the middle name, especially something to honor a [name_u]Vernon[/name_u]. I also love first and middle names that start with the same letter.

Here are other family names: [name_u]Lisa[/name_u], [name_u]Kim[/name_u], [name_f]Linda[/name_f], [name_f]Rosella[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Harriet[/name_f], [name_u]Beverly[/name_u], [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_f]Ann[/name_f], and [name_f]Madie[/name_f] (MAY-Dee).

You could use [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Verna[/name_f] although the flow isn’t perfect. Other possibilities….

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] With a [name_f]Rose[/name_f] name but not [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Rosella[/name_f]? [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Roseann[/name_f]?
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] Mae/Mae
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] or [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Audra[/name_f]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Veronica[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Valeria[/name_f]

I love the idea of [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Vera[/name_f] for you!

3 Likes

I like [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Vera[/name_f] or [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_u]Beverly[/name_u], so the V is in there somewhere :relaxed:

I really love [name_f]Violet[/name_f] Verna!!! :weary::broken_heart: [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Aline[/name_f] is also so cool. Congrats :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Nelda[/name_f]! [name_f]Nelda[/name_f], [name_f]Nelda[/name_f], NELDA!
[name_u]Vernon[/name_u] means “alder tree”.
[name_f]Nelda[/name_f] means “one who loves by the alder tree”!
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Nelda[/name_f] is gorgeous!:orange_heart::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I like the suggestions of [name_f]Verna[/name_f] (she would be V.V. and her sister A.A. then in a cute matchy way) and also [name_f]Nelda[/name_f] (for the meaning).

Of the other family names I like [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] together and something like [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Annalisa[/name_f] to combine [name_f]Ann[/name_f] and [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] (but maybe a little too similar to Aline?). Maybe [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] could honour [name_f]Linda[/name_f] if you use some imagination? I don’t like [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] (endings too similar) or [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] or [name_f]Rose[/name_f] related because they get too wordy / over-the-top with [name_f]Violet[/name_f].

Good luck!

[quote=“Bailey.ann, post:1, topic:424700, full:true”]
Hello pregnant with baby #2 and need help with a middle name. Big sister is [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Aline[/name_f], which are both family names. We are set on [name_f]Violet[/name_f] for the first name. We would love to use a family name for the middle name, especially something to honor a [name_u]Vernon[/name_u]. I also love first and middle names that start with the same letter.

Here are other family names: [name_u]Lisa[/name_u], [name_u]Kim[/name_u], [name_f]Linda[/name_f], [name_f]Rosella[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Harriet[/name_f], [name_u]Beverly[/name_u], [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_f]Ann[/name_f], and [name_f]Madie[/name_f] (MAY-Dee).

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Vada[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Verona[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] Vivian/Vivianne
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Veronica[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_u]Everly[/name_u]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Rosanne[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Verna[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Velma[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Maisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Annelise[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Viviette[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Verena[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] Nevra
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Liviana[/name_f]

Violet Verona was first to come to mind.

From your other family names I like Rosella and Harriet, though I don’t think either are ideal next to Violet - Rosella is too much floral, Harriet same ending sound.

Also loved @Keira.Dona suggestion of Nelda as a gorgeous, leftfield tribute to Vernon, yielding a distinct and unusual name. Nelda is lovely :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

1 Like

[name_u]Fern[/name_u]
[name_f]Valley[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f]
[name_f]Verana[/name_f]
[name_f]Verina[/name_f]
[name_f]Vernice[/name_f]