Little sister to Georgiana (Georgie)

We are thinking [name]Elouise[/name] Birde.
NOT SURE. Please weigh in …

I prefer spelling [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Byrd[/name]. [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Birdie[/name] could be really playful and cute… not sure how it would wear into adulthood.

I meant to say [name]Elouise[/name] [name]Birdie[/name]. Not [name]Bird[/name].
We want to nickname [name]Lou[/name] or [name]Lulu[/name] when she’s a baby.
As she gets older she could use [name]Ellie[/name] or [name]Elle[/name] OR whatever.

[name]Birdie[/name] too weird a middle?

What about [name]Elouise[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

Yeah-- I’m not sure about the spellings-- I like [name]Eloise[/name] better too.

I prefer the [name]Eloise[/name] spelling unless there is some sort of significance to [name]Elouise[/name]. I think that [name]Elouise[/name] makes the pronunciation a bit more confusing, because it brings to mind [name]Louise[/name] which has a much different pronunciation. I think that [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Birdie[/name] would be wonderful! Also, I love [name]Georgiana[/name].

If you’re looking for other suggestions, maybe [name]Georgiana[/name] and …

[name]Verity[/name]
[name]Primrose[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] / [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Isolde[/name]

I think that [name]Eloise[/name] complements [name]Georgiana[/name] very well, though, and I actually like [name]Birdie[/name] in the middle a lot.

I’d want to pronounce [name]Elouise[/name] like ee-louise. [name]Eloise[/name] is lovely and you could still use the nickname [name]Lulu[/name].

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Birdie[/name] is a really nice choice.

I put a TON of combos that I thought went well with [name]Georgiana[/name] [name]Clover[/name] in your other post. I think [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Birdie[/name] would be nice with [name]Georgiana[/name], but [name]Birdie[/name] is too youthful as a first name with [name]Georgiana[/name].

Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums!!!

I put this on the other post, but what about [name]Eulalia[/name] [name]Birdie[/name] or [name]Eulalie[/name] [name]Birdie[/name] (nn [name]Lulu[/name])?

Is [name]Elouise[/name] pronounced ee-louise? I thought it was pronouned similar to [name]Eloise[/name]- just with more of the lou

Thanks for all the help- I know I posted twice

I think [name]Elouise[/name] [name]Birdie[/name] is a sweet name. Have you considered maybe [name]Bridie[/name] instead…I’ve heard this quite a bit here in Australia

Yes- my husband wants to name her [name]Birdie[/name].

[name]Georgiana[/name] [name]Clover[/name], nn [name]Georgie[/name], is a lovely name–frilly and feminine, yet with the newly-trendy, nature-y [name]Clover[/name] in the middle and the spunky nickname [name]Georgie[/name]. [name]Just[/name] right.

I think [name]Elouise[/name] [name]Birdie[/name] is a good match, and if you want a bit of ‘oo’ sound in the middle, this spelling will probably get you that even if it’s not technically accurate. She’ll probably have a few pronunciation difficulties along the way, though.

I was thinking the other day what a lovely sister-set [name]Georgiana[/name] and [name]Marguerite[/name], nn [name]Georgie[/name] and [name]Maisie[/name], would be. [name]Margaret[/name] would be nice, too, and would sound a touch better with mn [name]Birdie[/name].
Best wishes!

I think Elouise Birdie is a sweet name. Have you considered maybe Bridie instead…I’ve heard this quite a bit here in Australia

I was going to suggest [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Bridie[/name] as well.

Ooh [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Verbena[/name]! That’s gorgeous.
I’m afraid I can’t get behind [name]Eloise[/name] spelled [name]Elouise[/name], pronounced “EE-louise.” To my ears, it takes the elegance right out of the name, and those double-EE sounds really emphasize the wheeze in [name]Louise[/name].
I do think you could call her [name]Lou[/name] for short even if you spelled her full name without the U.
If you like that double EE sound, any interest in [name]Celia[/name]? (“SEE-lee-ah”) [name]Celia[/name] [name]Birdie[/name] would be sweet, though [name]Celia[/name] [name]Bird[/name] is a lot sleeker. You could still nickname her [name]Birdie[/name], or Celi-[name]Lou[/name], or [name]Lou[/name] for that matter! Nicknames don’t have to come from the original name.

I can’t like [name]Birdie[/name], even as a middle name. [name]Byrd[/name], like the composer, would be OK, but [name]Birdie[/name] is just too cutesy, infantile and foppish.

Have you thought about bird-names, with the family nickname [name]Birdie[/name]? Something like [name]Oriel[/name], [name]Merle[/name], [name]Robin[/name], [name]Wren[/name], [name]Rhea[/name], Altaira, [name]Aquila[/name]?