Little time to decide: Anya or Waverly?

Hey, everyone!
I made another post here about a month ago, lost the account and made a new one just for help! I really value your opinions as this is such a respectful and welcoming community online so I’m back to ask for your help again.

Last time we asked you to tell us what you thought of [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] for our little girl. You guys seemed to love it and it made us very happy, but we have two options and we can’t decide. I feel like, in the end, we’ll end up choosing what feels right for her when we finally see her, but, in the mean time, what do you think of [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] [name_f]Summer[/name_f]?

Would you do with [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] or [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] [name_f]Summer[/name_f]? If you vote [name_u]Waverly[/name_u], would you change “Summer” for anything else? We’re still open for ideas, but mostly we’d love to hear your opinions on these. Thank you!

3 Likes

I prefer the elegant and international feel of [name_f]Anya[/name_f] :slight_smile: [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] is also nice, I like its slightly mysterious feel. It reminds me of Wizards of [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] Place.

I’d probably pair [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] with a more name-y name to avoid sounding like a place name, but [name_f]Summer[/name_f] works fine imo.

1 Like

Firstly congrats on your baby girl :partying_face::partying_face:

I absolutely love [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_u]Waverly[/name_u]! I agree with @ethelmary and I really love the elegant international feel of [name_f]Anya[/name_f]. [name_f]Anya[/name_f] is just so pretty I also think she sounds beautiful with [name_u]Waverly[/name_u].

[name_u]Waverly[/name_u] [name_f]Summer[/name_f] is nice but feels wordy almost like a place name personally I would team [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] with a name that doesn’t feel wordy something like [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f].

Personally I would stick with [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] such a pretty name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] is lovely. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite and I agree with the comments of pp’s re the international vibe of [name_f]Anya[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I definitely prefer [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_u]Waverly[/name_u]. [name_f]Anya[/name_f] is beautiful & sweet & smart & slightly exotic but simple & well known. But not too popular! And it grows up well. It has all of the good qualities. I think that [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] flows nicely, & is a fun unexpected mn. [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] just doesn’t seem name-y enough for me as a fn. To add a wild card, I love [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Summer[/name_f]!

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I prefer the sweet, international-feeling [name_f]Anya[/name_f]. [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] just isn’t my thing

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Anya[/name_f] so much! It gets my vote 100%!

[name_u]Waverly[/name_u] reminds me of the novel [name_f]Waverley[/name_f] and the Disney show. It has a sweet, melodic sound but might get lost in a sea of Everlys and similar names.
NB favourite [name_f]Anya[/name_f] might be gaining popularity in the next few years, it has all the characteristics of a popular name - vowel sounds, A ending and the letter Y. There’s also an actress with the name who is gaining in mainstream popularity at the moment, which might also help increase its popularity in the coming years.
In general, the names have very different vibes to me, [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] feels very trendy, very American but is also one of the more interesting names of its kind. It’s fun, lively and a little quirky.
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] feels European, fresh to an [name_f]English[/name_f] ear (quite dated where I live), on-trend but not trendy and elegant.
Personally, I think [name_f]Anya[/name_f] is a bit more versatile, so I’d pick that (also because of the nn Anoushka) but both names are lovely and you really can’t go wrong with either.

Thank you, everyone! Our main concern with [name_f]Anya[/name_f] is getting “on your (…)” jokes, but I guess no name is ever safe. [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] is the only MN we considered for [name_f]Anya[/name_f], we don’t even want to think of any others but I did always love [name_u]Willow[/name_u], it just wouldn’t work because of the “on ya” thing. For [name_u]Waverly[/name_u], we also thought of [name_u]Sage[/name_u], [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

I love [name_u]Waverly[/name_u], & the [name_f]Summer[/name_f] part is very nice! :grin:

IMHO [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] is too much Y.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you pronounce [name_f]Anya[/name_f] and on ya the same?

I feel like [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] is definitely superior here

Nope, Ahn-ya since someone mentioned [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m] would sound like “on your/ya hunt” on a previous post I found, I can’t shake it off my mind and ended up crossing some middle names off the list.

I honestly don’t think it’s a problem then. I’ve heard the name pronounced many different ways, [name_f]Enya[/name_f], Onya, Awnya, Ahnn-ya, so it’s possible the poster pronounced the name differently and therefore there was a connection between the name and on ya, however, if you stick with the Ahn-ya pronunciation, I think you’re pretty safe.

2 Likes

i love waverly summer so much!! sentimental attachment to waverly— i think it’s lovely and spunky and fun! reminds me of a rainy spring day & a little basket of strawberries! anya is nice as well, but i’ve never really been able to get behind it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_u]Waverly[/name_u]

1 Like

I actually prefer [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] [name_f]Summer[/name_f]! It has a light, almost beachy feel! [name_f]Anya[/name_f] Waverly’s really nice as well, but it has a lot of syllables imo

Tough choice as both are gorgeous. I think [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] is my favourite though

1 Like

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] is beautiful, but my absolute favorite (although not on your list) is [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Summer[/name_f]!

I still adore [name_f]Anya[/name_f] :smiley: