Liv

I absolutely adore the name [name]Liv[/name], and would definately consider using it, however I’ve heard from a few people that it is more like a nickname for [name]Olivia[/name], and doesn’t sound right on it’s own.

I know it should by my choice, but I can’t help be a little swayed by what other people think - I’d hate a lot of people to hate my daughter’s name even if I loved it, which is silly, but you know what I mean?

Anyway, please give me honest opinions on the name, and also possible middle names that suit it.

Thank you!

I love this name too - would absolutely use it if we didn’t already have one in the family (would mean great grandparents had two great grandchildren with the same name in our case).

However, if I met a [name]Liv[/name] I would probably presume it was nn for [name]Olive[/name] or [name]Olivia[/name].

I like the name [name]Liv[/name].
I think it works on it’s own but if you want it as a nickname of something that isn’t [name]Olivia[/name] you could go with…

[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Olivette[/name]
[name]Olivine[/name]
[name]Livia[/name]
[name]Livinia[/name]/Livonia
[name]Livona[/name]
[name]Alivia[/name]
[name]Zaliv[/name]

I think for a middle name it’s have to be three sylabbles to flow right and sound full.

[name]Liv[/name] [name]Jessica[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Olivette[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Emery[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Maria[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Tamara[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Serena[/name]

I love it, and I love [name]Olivia[/name], too. I think it is perfect as a stand-alone name, a la [name]Liv[/name] [name]Tyler[/name]. [name]Liv[/name] is actually a Scandinavian name.

I don’t know what you were thinking about middle names (family names, perhaps?), but some Scandinavian combinations are [name]Liv[/name] [name]Anneke[/name], [name]Liv[/name] [name]Halle[/name], [name]Liv[/name] [name]Karina[/name], [name]Liv[/name] [name]Kristine[/name], [name]Liv[/name] [name]Maren[/name], [name]Liv[/name] [name]Sonja[/name], [name]Liv[/name] Sorena, and [name]Liv[/name] [name]Ursula[/name]…

[name]Liv[/name] has a lot more dignity than [name]Olivia[/name] in my opinion. [name]Liv[/name] is the name of a woman, [name]Olivia[/name] is the name of a little girl.
[name]Liv[/name] also has the beautiful ‘Life’ meaning that has heaps of appeal, especially compared to [name]Olivia[/name]'s ‘olive’ meaning. I don’t like olives…
I’d choose [name]Liv[/name] over [name]Olivia[/name] any day!

That said, there are other ways to get to [name]Liv[/name] as a nickname, not just [name]Olivia[/name]…
[name]Livia[/name] is a standing favourite of mine and the [name]German[/name] Lieve is very similar while having a syllable more. Pronounced [name]LEE[/name]-vuh…
There’s something special about [name]Liv[/name] though…

When I think of a girl named [name]Liv[/name] she’s very intelligent. She has large, curious eyes and a cheeky ‘I know something you don’t’ type of smile on her face. She’s mysterious yet outgoing and very eager to help out, always more mature than her age suggests but that doesn’t make her less playful and carefree. She just loves helping people! A very caring young lady!
I would [name]LOVE[/name] to have a daughter like that, and I’m actually almost convincing myself to have a crush on [name]Liv[/name] just saying this XD

Honestly, I don’t think a [name]Liv[/name] could be truly unhappy about her name, it’s too good for that!

As for middles, I think something with 3 syllables with the stress on the first or middle part of the name would do nicely, or two syllables with the stress on the last part.
[name]Simone[/name] and [name]Melody[/name] are examples of that, but not really suggestions, just the first to pop up in my head…
For some real suggestions:
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Amity[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Anthea[/name]/[name]Antonia[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] C”cile
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Edana[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Cosette[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Junia[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Manon[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Octavia[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Rosamund[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Susanna[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Winona[/name]
These are all pretty rare since they’re taken from my personal list of names which only has the pretty rare ones…

Some more popular middles:
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Aubrey[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Julia[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Natalie[/name]
[name]Liv[/name] [name]Savannah[/name]

I also have to add that I love how [name]Liv[/name] is a Scandinavian name. I’m from Norway and [name]Liv[/name] is really dated and boring here, but she’s fantastic in English speaking countries!! Same with [name]Ingrid[/name] actually… ^-^

Best of [name]Luck[/name]!

I like [name]Liv[/name] on its own especially if you have along last name.

I love [name]Liv[/name] just on its own. I think it’s much classier than [name]Olivia[/name], and has the benefit of being less popular. I’m sorely tempted to go with [name]Liv[/name] [name]Adeline[/name] for a daughter one day. I’d say to go for it!

I love it, but most people (not namenerds) would assume it was a nickname, and not know its history as a legitimate name. I also adore [name]Livia[/name].

I love, love the name [name]Liv[/name]. It’s one of my all time favorite names. It’s gorgeous and strong even though it’s short.

Anyway, I think if she introduces herself as [name]Liv[/name], people shouldn’t get confused. They might ask, “Is it short for anything?” And she’ll just smile and say, “No.” It happens to people a lot, so I think that’ll be fine.
[name]Liv[/name] is such a gorgeous name :slight_smile:

I [name]Love[/name] [name]Liv[/name]! It is beautiful and strong on its own despite being so short and I prefer it over [name]Olivia[/name].

[name]Liv[/name] is sweet. Makes me think of [name]Liv[/name] [name]Tyler[/name].

[name]Liv[/name] is fantastic on its own! Plus you can really holler it on the playground when you want to get her attention.

i adore [name]Liv[/name]… it’s so cute.
i would have considered using it myself… but i have a cousin who named her daughter Livi… which i also love!!

I, too, prefer [name]Liv[/name] on its own! I love it’s elegant simplicity, much like [name]Rose[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile: