Livia O?

I’m currently smitten with [name]Livia[/name] as a girl’s name, but worried about two things:

1. [name]Will[/name] people think I made it up? (The horror!)
  2. Our last name begins with O’ - I actually prefer [name]Livia[/name] to [name]Olivia[/name], but does [name]Livia[/name] O’ sound ridiculous and backwards?

Loving [name]Liv[/name] and [name]Livvy[/name] as nicknames, and think [name]Livia[/name] sounds so classy but I can’t get past these two concerns!

I too much prefer [name]Livia[/name] to [name]Olivia[/name]. I know that its a perfectly legitimate name that is even older in origins than [name]Olivia[/name]. I know a girl named [name]Livia[/name] and she has never had any problems with her name. However, with your last name, I am not sure. I would have to know exactly what your last name is to determine if it would be too close to [name]Olivia[/name]. If it was something like [name]Livia[/name] [name]Oliver[/name], then I would think it would be too much, if its more like [name]Livia[/name] [name]Ogden[/name] or something like that, then no. [name]May[/name] I suggest the Italian Liviana. It might solve your [name]Livia[/name] O problems.

Ditto. [name]Livia[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] would be too much but any other O- last name would be fine.
[name]Livia[/name] is a name own it’s on and is very pretty.

[name]Lavinia[/name] is another beautiful alternative that does not have the problem of being too close to [name]Olivia[/name]

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Livia[/name]. Agree unless it’s [name]Oliver[/name] that [name]Livia[/name] O is fine. You could consider the alternatives mentioned but imo [name]Livia[/name] is nicer than all of them including [name]Olivia[/name].

I’m sorry to say that I do think that [name]Livia[/name] O’ is backwards sounding. I think [name]Oliver[/name] is too much (as pp said) and something like [name]Ogden[/name] or [name]Orange[/name] would be ok. But [name]Livia[/name] O’[name]Reilly[/name] or [name]Livia[/name] O’[name]Connor[/name] do sound backwards because of the emphasis put on the O.
I liked the Liviana suggestion or even [name]Vivian[/name] gives [name]Viv[/name] and Vivvy, but I would understand if you felt these were runners-up to the one you really loved.

I much prefer [name]Livia[/name] to [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Olivia[/name] seems 80’s dated to me.
[name]Lydia[/name] is a similar name or [name]Olivine[/name]?

You may also like:

[name]Sylvia[/name]/[name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]/[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] (so close in sound to [name]Livia[/name], and Liddy is close to [name]Livvy[/name]))
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] ([name]Vivi[/name]/Vivvy is really close to [name]Livvy[/name])
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thank you all! This is so helpful-

Last name is (pronounced, not spelled) O’[name]Meera[/name].

[name]Love[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] but fear the mis-pronunciation with the last name- “Meeve OMare-a?” no, “[name]Mave[/name] O’[name]Meera[/name]”

[name]Vivienne[/name] is a thought (prefer that spelling.)

Thanks all!

I think that [name]Vivienne[/name] O’[name]Meera[/name] is gorgeous! (I love your last name…)

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I think [name]Livia[/name] O’[name]Meera[/name] sounds fine. People won’t tend to say, “[name]Livia[/name] O.” outloud…will they? I’m thinking of say, school role call where usually last/first or first/last names are spoken. And even if she is [name]Livia[/name] O., isn’t that kind of neat in a scrambled sort of (name inside a name) way? If you like the name [name]Livia[/name] best, I say go with it.

In this case, I think [name]Livia[/name] O’[name]Meera[/name] sounds just fine.

I think [name]Livia[/name] O’[name]Meera[/name] sounds fine! [name]Livia[/name] is a very pretty name but it also sounds like the name of a strong woman, (like [name]Livia[/name] [name]Augusta[/name]). I also love [name]Vivienne[/name].