Livia or Cynthia?

I like the meaning of [name]Cynthia[/name], but is it too dated like 60S?
[name]Livia[/name] is a pretty name, but seems like a nn of [name]Olivia[/name].[name]Olivia[/name] is so popular now.
Which one is better choice? I like both!

[name]LIVIA[/name]!! Gorgeous!!

~[name]Jasmine[/name]

I find [name]Cynthia[/name] a bit dated. My eighteen year old friend named [name]Cynthia[/name] would say the same thing.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Livia[/name]. At first I couldn’t get past the fact that it seemed as though it would forever be [name]Olivia[/name] minus an o. But it’s a beautiful name on its own. I vote for [name]Livia[/name]! :]

[name]Livia[/name] is a beautiful name, and it isn’t a nickname for [name]Olivia[/name] at all! [name]Livia[/name] is my vote!

I like [name]Livia[/name] a lot better. [name]Cynthia[/name] is pretty but [name]Livia[/name] is livelier. I like [name]Livia[/name] better than [name]Olivia[/name], anyways.

[name]Livia[/name] for sure! [name]Cynthia[/name] is my mom’s name, So I do like it, but that being said my mom’s in her 50’s so it does seem dated.

I’m obviously in the minority, but I do think [name]Cynthia[/name] is more due for a revival than many other names of that generation. I think the nicknames [name]Cyn[/name] and [name]Thia[/name]/[name]Thea[/name] update it relative to [name]Cindy[/name].

I like [name]Livia[/name], but I would think it would be annoying that people would constantly hear [name]Olivia[/name] when she introduced herself, and also it sounds a lot like [name]Lydia[/name], which is trending quite up. Too many sound-neighbors.

[name]Cynthia[/name] is also my mom’s name, and she’s also in her 50s. :slight_smile: I think it was in the top 10 around the time she was born. I have good associations with it, of course, but it definitely sounds dated to me.

I like [name]Livia[/name] a lot!

My name is [name]Cynthia[/name] and I was born in the 80s when it wasn’t as popular. Growing up I loved that I was the only [name]Cynthia[/name] in my class. I only met one other person with the name until I was about 18, then I met more. I thought it was a really special name growing up, because it wasn’t common for someone my age to have it and to me it seemed like a special and rare name. I also loved the meaning of it. Now that I am older and realize that it was a common name at one time, I don’t like it as much. :frowning: It is still not that common where I live though. I live in a half french and half english community and there are not a lot of Cynthias around. I think [name]Livia[/name] is definitely more modern sounding and less dated. But [name]Cynthia[/name], [name]IMO[/name], is still a really nice name and might not seem so dated in a few years.

I love [name]Livia[/name], but its likely to get mistaken for [name]Olivia[/name] a lot.
I don’t like [name]Cynthia[/name] at all, I went to school with two. [name]One[/name] spelled it very differently however.

I think they will both be quite rare and I prefer [name]Livia[/name], mainly because I adore the nn [name]Livy[/name]

This! I love [name]Livia[/name]/[name]Olivia[/name], but having that one letter off would drive me kind of nuts when no one got my name right. However, worse things have happened :).

I actually adore [name]Cynthia[/name]. I don’t know why it doesn’t seem as dated to me, but I understand why it would and does to most. I love the nickname options that jesba mentioned and [name]Thea[/name] is just the one I was thinking of. [name]Love[/name] it!

I love [name]Cynthia[/name]. [name]Even[/name] if it is dated now, I think it’s more classic than [name]Livia[/name]. If I heard of a [name]Cynthia[/name] I wouldn’t know when she was born or how old she was, whereas if I heard of someone named [name]Livia[/name] I would think “definitely a 2000’s baby”.

I think [name]Cynthia[/name] is ready for a comeback and a spunky, updated nickname like [name]Thea[/name]/[name]Thia[/name], or [name]Cinna[/name]/Cynna. Also there’s a very glamorous supermodel [name]Cynthia[/name] Dicker who might help it seem more modern.