Logan vs Matthew (Matt)

Which name do you like better and why?

[name]Matthew[/name].

To me, it seems more sturdy but I just like classic names altogether. Everybody knows the name, yet at the moment it isn’t hugely popular.

I have always loved the name, [name]Matthew[/name]. It just sounds so handsome to me and it has a sweet meaning (which I’m strangely obsessed with).

I second this.

[name]Matthew[/name]. It is a classic name that will never go out of style. I like [name]Logan[/name], but I worry it might be stamped to a few decades where it happened to be really popular…it could easily sound dated in 10-20 years.

One Problem… [name]Love[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] Hate [name]Matt[/name]. No matter how what this child will probably called [name]Matt[/name] if we use [name]Matthew[/name]. I agree that [name]Logan[/name] may seem to trendy and set to a certain generation. So ideas on other names?

I understand your concern! I adore [name]Matthew[/name], but I am not a fan of [name]Matt[/name], either (another example is I love [name]Christopher[/name], but not [name]Chris[/name])

What about:
[name]Nathan[/name]/[name]Nathaniel[/name] ([name]Nate[/name])
[name]Peter[/name] ([name]Pete[/name])
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Evan[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] ([name]Charlie[/name])
[name]Luke[/name]
[name]Blake[/name]
[name]Cole[/name]
[name]Adam[/name] (love!)

[name]Love[/name] both [name]Blake[/name] and [name]Ethan[/name] however I have newphews with these names.

[name]Love[/name] these names and they make a great sibset!

[name]Matthew[/name] is nice and if you like the nn of [name]Hew[/name] ([name]Hugh[/name]) it may appeal more.

I agree, [name]Matthew[/name] is lovely but [name]Matt[/name] is not that great.
Others that wont sound dated and dont come with automatic nns:
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Liam[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Ian[/name]
[name]Jack[/name]
[name]Marshall[/name]
[name]Patrick[/name]