Lois

What are your thoughts on [name]Lois[/name]? I know it’s rather dated, but I think that the secound of it is very pleasant - ‘Lo’ from [name]Lola[/name], ‘is’ from [name]Iris[/name], both of which seem to be rather well-liked names at the moment. I think that the [name]Lois[/name] [name]Lane[/name] connection is cute. Is it workable? My one big concern is that its the name of the mom on Family [name]Guy[/name].

Thoughts?

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Lois[/name] due to [name]Lois[/name] [name]Lane[/name]. It’s a quirky and spunky name so cute.

It’s been on my mind lately, I like it, though prefer [name]Aloisa[/name].

no…I hear the name with a naasal voice and it just irks me…super dated…ick…I’m sorry but I hope it does not come back

[name]Lois[/name] [name]Lane[/name], a connection I do not find endearing. The mom on Family [name]Guy[/name], also not endearing. Plus I just don’t like the sound of it at all.

I can’t get past the family guy connection enough to like this name :confused:

I know a really cool [name]Lois[/name] in the year below at school. I used to think the name was old-ladyish until I met her. But there is the whole Family [name]Guy[/name] thing. :frowning:

I went to school with a girl named [name]Lois[/name] and thought it was such a cool name! I like the [name]Lola[/name] and [name]Iris[/name] thing too.

I don’t watch family guy so don’t make that association.

[name]Lois[/name] nn [name]Lola[/name] is adorable.

We are thinking of using [name]Eloise[/name] to honor my great grandma [name]Lois[/name] :slight_smile:

This one just says that you are trying to have the next cool name, but fall really short.

Sorry, but I think it´s sounds a bit incomplete…

I prefer Aloise/[name]Eloisa[/name] or [name]Eloise[/name]… you could use it like a nickname…

[name]Pilar[/name]

[name]Lois[/name] does not work for a modern baby. Sorry.
My grandma is [name]Lois[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]. I love that combination, but Loisis really old lady, not ready for a comeback.
I knew a very Fun loving girl named [name]Lois[/name], and she got the “grandma” comment alot. It didnt fit her.

I like it. I have a friend [name]Lois[/name] and think she has an uncommon, but familiar, name. Go for it!

[name]Lois[/name] is a very dated, older middle aged lady name to me, sorry! I also can only think of nasally [name]Lois[/name] from Family [name]Guy[/name].

I don’t like the sound of it that much. [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Eloisa[/name], [name]Louisa[/name] - I like those. I do think of Family [name]Guy[/name].

I like it and would not of thought of [name]Lois[/name] [name]Lane[/name] or Family [name]Guy[/name]. [name]Yu[/name] could come up with some cute nicknames for her. It’s traditional, but not overused and sweet sounding.

This! I couldn’t put my finger on it, but this summed it up perfectly.

I love [name]Eloise[/name] though.

I’m sorry but I there is nothing but bad connotations around this name for me. Agreed that it’s trying too hard and that [name]Eloise[/name] is much, much prettier. [name]Lois[/name] [name]Lane[/name] doesn’t come to the forefront of my mind immediately when I hear the name, no matter how much I wish it did

I like [name]Lois[/name] a lot, I like the Bible association, but I always, always get a negative response from everyone when I mention it.