Lola Kate or Claire Elizabeth?

Please Help!
We are stuck between two girl names, and in need of some help! Our last name is [name]Isham[/name] ([name]ISHam[/name]).

[name]Lola[/name] [name]Kate[/name]- Grandmothers name was [name]Lola[/name] [name]Katherine[/name], [name]Kate[/name] seems to add a bit more of a modern aspect. Have always wanted to name a little girl after her…

[name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]- Hubby is very fond on [name]Claire[/name], found on his side in his great grandmothers name… very cute and classic.

Girls name is our big dilemma, if its a boy he will be [name]Rhys[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] (yes, same as another nameberry member, what are the odds?)!
Thanks for your opinions!

First off I think [name]Rhys[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] is very handsome:)

As to [name]Lola[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]… I think they are both beautiful but they are very different!

[name]Lola[/name] [name]Kate[/name] is fresh and fun and utterly gorgeous but I have a hard time picturing a grown up [name]Lola[/name] and the meaning kills it for me. [name]Lola[/name] [name]Kate[/name] [name]Isham[/name] has a great flow too.

[name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is a classical gem. It has sophistication and charm and just reeks class but it sounds a bit stuffy to me for some reason. Also I find [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Isham[/name] a bit hard to say, mainly the [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Isham[/name] part but that’s probably not a great concern of yours.

Overall I think [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is more suitable and perhaps safer than [name]Lola[/name] [name]Kate[/name]. I vote [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]!

Since you wanted [name]Lola[/name] [name]Kate[/name] to honour your grandmother, how about using her initials? Or a name with the nn [name]Lola[/name]? [name]How[/name] about [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] or [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Lark[/name] nn [name]Lola[/name]? Is that too much of a stretch?

Sorry for the ramble, very late and very tired:) [name]Hope[/name] I helped a little!

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

I completely agree with this email. [name]Love[/name] the initial idea!

I like [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] with your last name [name]Lola[/name] [name]Kate[/name] dosnt fit a 45 year old and with your last name lola seem to short but [name]Claire[/name] seem just right

My choice would be [name]Lola[/name] [name]Kate[/name]… love it!
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is pretty and classic but [name]Lola[/name] [name]Kate[/name] has more flair to me…

I love [name]Lola[/name] [name]Kate[/name]!!

[name]Lola[/name] [name]Kate[/name], adoable love it

[name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is my favorite, but I would change it [name]Clara[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], as it would be compromise between [name]Lola[/name] and [name]Claire[/name].

Seeing as I’m not a fan of [name]Lola[/name]… I say, without a doubt [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. What a gorgeous name. Two really beautiful names put together!

I, too, am not a fan of [name]Lola[/name] at all. [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is wonderful; although, a different middle name might flow better with [name]Isham[/name]… like [name]Claire[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Isham[/name] or [name]Claire[/name] [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Isham[/name].

Another vote for [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]! ([name]Lola[/name] [name]Kate[/name] sounds very much like the word “locate” to me.)

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Firstly, [name]Rhys[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] [name]Isham[/name] is absolutely stunning. I cannot convey to you how much I adore it!

For girls, I’m having some issues. Firstly, I’m not a [name]Lola[/name] fan. It seems juvenile and girlish, not sophisticated and womanly - and, can you honestly see it with [name]Rhys[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]? I can’t. I’m assuming here that you would use [name]Rhys[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] for a future boy should you have one, and this baby is a girl…

[name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Isham[/name] is pretty, but at the same time it doesn’t do much for me. Also, for some reason, the flow of [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Isham[/name] throws me off a bit - maybe too much TH-SH sound? I don’t know. Anyway, I would suggest to you and your husband a new name that allows you to name a daughter after Grandma [name]Lola[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] and Great Grandma [name]Claire[/name], while also creating a unique, vintage name that works beautifully with [name]Rhys[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]. My suggestion is:

[name]CLARA[/name] [name]KATHERINE[/name] [name]ISHAM[/name]

Now, doesn’t that sound lovely with [name]Rhys[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]?

[name]Hi[/name]! My son is [name]Rhys[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]:slight_smile: So obviously I love the name although I did post on here after he was born with some second thoughts about the spelling, as you should be prepared that many ( not nameberry folks) do not recognize the name as “[name]Reece[/name]”. On the other hand I am usually prepared for that now and spell it and pronounce it ahead of time for people in doctors offices etc. I think it sounds so handsome and strong, yet also cute on a little boy. I think it will be much more common, yet not trendy, in years to come. [name]Love[/name] that you are using it!!

I also love your girl choices! We must have very similiar taste as if I had a girl ( I have 2 sons) some on my list were [name]Lily[/name], [name]Isla[/name], [name]Lila[/name], [name]Claire[/name], and [name]Kathryn[/name] for a middle! Too funny. I would say [name]Lola[/name] [name]Kate[/name] for sure, but as another poster pointed out I just hear “locate” when I say it aloud. I also don’t think [name]Lola[/name] has the same style as [name]Rhys[/name]- but that may not matter to you. I am a big sib set person, meaning I like the names to compliment one another. [name]Claire[/name] is nice, but not unusual- if that matters to you. I guess I would say [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] goes best with your last name and sounds a bit more classy then [name]Lola[/name] on a grown woman. What about [name]Clara[/name] or even [name]Cara[/name]? My name is [name]Kara[/name]! Good luck!

Firstly, [name]Rhys[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] [name]Isham[/name] is absolutely stunning. I cannot convey to you how much I adore it!

For girls, I’m having some issues. Firstly, I’m not a [name]Lola[/name] fan. It seems juvenile and girlish, not sophisticated and womanly - and, can you honestly see it with [name]Rhys[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]? I can’t. I’m assuming here that you would use [name]Rhys[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] for a future boy should you have one, and this baby is a girl…

[name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Isham[/name] is pretty, but at the same time it doesn’t do much for me. Also, for some reason, the flow of [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Isham[/name] throws me off a bit - maybe too much TH-SH sound? I don’t know. Anyway, I would suggest to you and your husband a new name that allows you to name a daughter after Grandma [name]Lola[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] and Great Grandma [name]Claire[/name], while also creating a unique, vintage name that works beautifully with [name]Rhys[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]. My suggestion is:

[name]CLARA[/name] [name]KATHERINE[/name] [name]ISHAM[/name]

Now, doesn’t that sound lovely with [name]Rhys[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]?[/quote]

Oh I [name]LOVE[/name] THIS IDEA- sounds so classy, sohpisticated and beautiful on a grown women. What a great combo! Perfect with a [name]Rhys[/name] too.

Thanks for all of your replies! I never thought of [name]Lola[/name] [name]Kate[/name] sounding like “locate”, but now that you mention it, yikes! We aren’t finding out the sex of our little one until [name]March[/name] but I’ve been struggling with the girl name dilemma, and wanted nameberry members help!

I, like some of you, am not totally content with [name]Elizabeth[/name] as a mn for [name]Claire[/name]. Any ideas for a better mn?

The final decision may come down to what she looks like (if she is a she). I was the spitting image of my grandma [name]Lola[/name] w/ dark brown hair & eyes. If she looks like my hubby (blonde/blue) I can’t imagine using [name]Lola[/name]! So [name]Claire[/name] it will have to be! Thanks again nameberry friends! Your help is greatly appreciated!

I think that [name]Claire[/name] is beautiful, and I really love [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I think it’s really elegant. :slight_smile:

Some more you may like:

[name]Claire[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name]/[name]Madeline[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] (very popular, though)
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Edit[/name]: I forgot about your last name, [name]Isham[/name], when I wrote the middles above. (Sorry about that!) I loved the combos that ended in A, but with [name]Isham[/name], they don’t have the best flow.

I think the flow of [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] sounds better with your last name than all of the above. :slight_smile:

[name]Lola[/name] [name]Kate[/name]!

I know you are really liking [name]Claire[/name], and I already suggested [name]Clara[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] as a compromise for you and your husband, but I was wondering if you had considered a Welsh name, like [name]Rhys[/name], for a potential girl? Especially since A names aren’t ideal with your last name, [name]Isham[/name], I thought you might like either of these:

[name]Brynn[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Isham[/name] OR [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Claire[/name] [name]Isham[/name] ([name]Love[/name] it!)

There - two names for two potential future daughters! :slight_smile:

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lola[/name] [name]Kate[/name] :0)

I love [name]Claire[/name], but I’m not a big fan of [name]Elisabeth[/name]… Here some other suggestions for a middle name:
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Amber[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Malia[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Malu[/name]