lola nickname?

i’m just curious…what names could you use the nn lola for? i know technically lola is the diminutive of dolores. but that’s just not my style at all.

i don’t know if it is too much of a stretch, but i’ve only come up with:

elora (but DH doesn’t like it anyways)

lorelei (again, DH doesn’t like)

we have a narrowed down list of girl names already, but i just love the nn lola. just looking for ideas. thanks!

just for our naming “style”, our girl names: matilda bay, isla maeve, ruby jean.
our boy names: tobin gray, oliver west, sullivan james.

Perhaps you could “stretch it a bit”, why not [name]Lauren[/name] or [name]Laurel[/name]? They both have that distinctive “L”-sound that is important. I think it could work.

Good luck!

[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Louise[/name]

i like laurel and penelope. penelope was actually on our girls list with the nn poppy. i didn’t even think about lola! we scratched penelope off our list because our DS (beckett reed) calls his grandfather “poppy” now.

[name]Madonna[/name]'s daughter’s nick name is [name]Lola[/name] and her first name is [name]Lourdes[/name].

[name]Agnola[/name]
[name]Aloisa[/name]
Alora
[name]Carola[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
Elowen
[name]Enola[/name]
[name]Fayola[/name]
Givola
[name]Gloria[/name]
[name]Laurella[/name]
Lolabella
[name]Lolita[/name]
[name]Lotus[/name]
[name]Louella[/name]
Maelona
[name]Mallory[/name]
[name]Niccola[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Philomena[/name]
[name]Wilhelmina[/name]

I usually tack it to [name]Dolores[/name] or any form of [name]Laura[/name] if I am explaining it to people. This would encompass names like [name]Lorraine[/name], [name]Loretta[/name], [name]Lauren[/name], [name]Laurel[/name], etc. (there aren’t that many, what I’d call, “good” variations, as I suppose [name]Laura[/name] doesn’t change spellings much across cultures), but I suppose could include [name]Lorelei[/name] which is close but unrelated, and others. Other suggestions with a strong LO syllable seem appropriate - I do not think the LO of [name]Penelope[/name] is very strong, that’s more a [name]NEL/name to be different, or P-op-e ([name]Poppy[/name]) in addition to [name]Penny[/name], so [name]Lola[/name] feels much farther a stretch. It’s like a patterned wallpaper with 4 colors and picking the most faintly visible color in it to match to a carpet. I dislike a complicated stretch for a preferred nickname, and would rather see an unrelated name altogether, a la, my name is [name]Catherine[/name] but everyone calls me [name]Lola[/name]. Names of the [name]Louisa[/name] family have a stronger LO, so [name]Lola[/name] makes sense. [name]Lois[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], etc. have already been mentioned. Some names that end with LO, like [name]Marlo[/name], [name]Harlow[/name], [name]Willow[/name], and [name]Shiloh[/name], if you are into that sort of thing, might also make a [name]Lola[/name] out of them. Still can’t search on a string of letters or sound in the middle of the name, but I’m sure there are a few to uncover that have a strong LO like [name]Dolores[/name], but aren’t [name]Dolores[/name]. [name]Florence[/name]? [name]Flora[/name]?

Disciola
Liliola