Lola or Opal

Hey everyone! I’m new here:) We have struggled with getting pregnant with our third biological child for 3 years. (We’re an adoptive family and also have three adopted daughters) We recently found out we are pregnant (I’m 9 weeks) and we are having a girl after two boys and I can’t believe it!!

We’d like to use [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as a middle name as it reminds me of my grandma who had the most beautiful roses she brought from [name_f]Alabama[/name_f] to Michigan years ago and gave some to me for my first home. Now we’ve moved to Kentucky and are transplanting them again next week from our Michigan home so the name [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is really special to me.

Anyways, we originally were going to go with [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] but now we’re thinking [name_f]Lola[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is also a contender.

Please tell me what you prefer and why. We don’t really look into meanings of first names, we more go for with what we like the sound/vibe of for the first name and then make the middle name something meaningful to us. Thanks for your help:)

2 Likes

Congratulations! That must be so exciting :heart: I love [name_f]Opal[/name_f] but [name_f]Rose[/name_f] would also be great as a first name. What are your other kids names?

1 Like

I like [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] mainly because they both sound simple and elegant together :heart:

1 Like

Thank you!:white_heart:

Our kids names are [name_u]Jackson[/name_u], [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], [name_u]Landon[/name_u], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] and [name_u]Everly[/name_u]. I kinda wanted more of a retro feel. I love [name_f]Opal[/name_f], I just don’t know why I’m afraid to commit to it​:crazy_face::rofl:. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband likes both names thankfully!

3 Likes

Thank you! I agree🤍

I really like the elegance of [name_f]Opal[/name_f], but [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a bit too nature-y for me personally. I do really love the feel of [name_f]Lola[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]! I like the repeating ‘-o-’ sounds, and I think that the fun and spunky [name_f]Lola[/name_f] definitely has that retro feel you’re looking for!

2 Likes

Congratulations! I would love to meet a baby girl named [name_f]Opal[/name_f]! Such an underused gem and [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is beautiful.

1 Like

Congratulations! I prefer [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. It’s elegant and sweet, I personally would love to be named [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]! For some reason, I am not a big fan of [name_f]Lola[/name_f]. I’ve never been a fan of [name_f]Lola[/name_f], but I don’t know why, but that is just my opinion. However, I do think [name_f]Lola[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] has better flow than [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

1 Like

I love your kids names!!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] :blush:

1 Like

I love both names! And [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is such a stunning middle, especially since it’s so meaningful to you. :heart:

Of these two, I think [name_f]Opal[/name_f] sounds best with your other kids’ names. I love [name_f]Lola[/name_f] on its own but [name_u]Landon[/name_u], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_u]Everly[/name_u], and [name_f]Lola[/name_f] has a lot of a repeating L sounds to it. Might become a bit of a tongue twister!

2 Likes

Congratulations!! Both combinations are so pretty, but Lola is stylistically as fun and beautiful as your other daughters’ names! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there! Fellow adoptive Mama here! Many congratulations on your growing family :heart:

I love [name_f]Lola[/name_f]! I’ve always adored it. It’s just so charming. It has so much style for being short and sweet. I really love the flow of [name_f]Lola[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. [name_f]Opal[/name_f] is just a bit dusty and clunky for my personal taste.

1 Like

[name_f]Opal[/name_f]! [name_f]Lola[/name_f] has a pretty sound but I have always thought of it as being juvenile. I also always think of the Copacabana song haha. But I looove [name_f]Opal[/name_f]. It’s so classy and cool and reminds me of Because of Winn-Dixie lol

1 Like

Congratulations! I love [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]! Also love your other kid’s names.

1 Like

Congrats!
I love Opal Rose! Lola is nice but somehow just kinda sounds childish and not grounded to me? Not sure how to describe it but I think I tend to feel this way for a lot of names that are mostly Ls and vowels. This is just my personal taste and I’m sure Lola can work for some people.
Good luck!

Btw, how do you know the gender already?

1 Like

Congratulations mama! :relaxed: Ooo I like [name_f]Lola[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and I think it sounds lovely with your other kids names!

1 Like

Congratulations! That’s so cool that you’re finally expecting your sweet little girl. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a great, classic middle name and I’m so happy that you are getting the opportunity to use it! I just saw your profile picture – your kids are stinkin’ adorable! Those matching dresses… :heart_eyes:

I think both [name_f]Lola[/name_f] and [name_f]Opal[/name_f] are brilliant choices and a perfect addition to your family. However, I personally prefer [name_f]Opal[/name_f] just ever so slightly. While [name_f]Lola[/name_f] feels slightly more young and sweet, [name_f]Opal[/name_f] feels absolutely timeless – the sort of name that you can picture on a little baby as well as a grandma. The gem association is also lovely, and one I think any girl would appreciate. [name_f]Lola[/name_f] is also gaining popularity while [name_f]Opal[/name_f] is still something of a mysterious gem (pun intended), which appeals greatly to me.

Best of luck in naming your daughter!

1 Like

[name_f]Lola[/name_f]

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Opal[/name_f]. It’s much less used, and more interesting and evocative than [name_f]Lola[/name_f] for me.

1 Like