London or Sebastian??

I’m due next month and I just can’t decide on my son’s name!

For months I thought [name]Sebastian[/name] would be the one I’d go with but now I’m starting to lean towards [name]London[/name].

I love both names but I was thinking that maybe [name]London[/name] is more unique. Also, just for some background I’m American but my son will be born in [name]London[/name] so there’s a big connection there.

My friends and family are split. I am concerned [name]London[/name] may be skewing too much to the girls names these days.

Any thoughts or opinions??

PS. I think whichever one I decide on will dictate the middle name: [name]London[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] OR [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]London[/name].

I’ve heard from many people from the UK, that to have a person named [name]London[/name] would seemed silly to the natives there.
Plus [name]London[/name] is growing on girls so there’s likely going to be a fair bit of confusion. I do think it’s a handsome choice, but [name]Sebastian[/name] seems like a better choice.

[name]Sebastian[/name] [name]London[/name] is handsome.

Are you planning to stay in [name]London[/name]? If so, it may be odd to name him [name]London[/name] too. I lean toward [name]Sebastian[/name] either way but agree that [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]London[/name] would be a great name.

I think [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]London[/name] is the way to go… so very handsome. Good luck! =]

Ditto! [name]Sebastian[/name] seems like a stronger, less trendy choice.

[name]Sebastian[/name] is a classic and debonair choice! [name]London[/name] is a trendy place name. [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]London[/name] for sure!

I second this!

I love [name]London[/name] and feel it’s better suited for a boy. I never cared for [name]Sebastian[/name]; I know Berries love [name]Bastian[/name] but I immediately think of b*stard.

The flow of [name]London[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] is better than [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]London[/name]

The same could be said about any name. I live near places named [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Archer[/name] but I don’t dissuade people from using them

I live near [name]Elizabeth[/name], and you’re right about the flow of the name… but the difference here is that A. [name]London[/name] is a place name first, a given name second, and B. OP is in [name]England[/name] right now, her kid will spend at least some of his life there, and British ppl here have said repeatedly that they find [name]London[/name] as a given name tacky. I wouldn’t want to be the clueless American if i were in her shoes. [name]Sebastian[/name] is awesome no matter where you go.

I’d go with [name]Sebastian[/name].
If I met a [name]London[/name] I would assume it was a girl initially. But I like the idea of [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]London[/name]

I definitely prefer [name]Sebastian[/name]. [name]London[/name] is too unisex for my taste and even though it is leaning more towards a girls name. I don’t know if you’re open to suggestions but [name]Lachlan[/name] sounds a lot like [name]London[/name] but is purely a boys name. I hope this helps.

[name]London[/name] is far more common for girls.

The main issue is connotation, and frankly it’s a class issue. [name]Sebastian[/name] is refined, debonair, and upper-class; [name]London[/name] is trendy, tacky, and lower-middle to low. It would be extremely embarassing to be named [name]London[/name] and to actually live in [name]London[/name]. [name]Just[/name] like no one in NYC names their daughter [name]Brooklyn[/name], Seattleites can’t use [name]Rainier[/name], and people in Charlottesville rarely name their daughter [name]Charlotte[/name] or [name]Virginia[/name], to be named the same thing as the town in which you reside is very confusing.

[name]Sebastian[/name] is definitely better in this case.
Not only is [name]London[/name] very, very feminine, but if you’re going to be living in [name]London[/name] it seems ridiculous to give your child that name. You wouldn’t name a child [name]America[/name] if you were living in the states.

[name]London[/name]! I love it for a boy

I agreeance with the other commenters. I prefer [name]Sebastian[/name] and feel that it is the more sophisticated choice especially if you are living in [name]London[/name]. I also feel [name]London[/name] seems more feminine than masculine. [name]Landon[/name] could be an alternative but I think it’s fairly popular.

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] but be aware that it is storming up the UK name charts… To English ears [name]London[/name] as a given name would be very unusual (but at least we could all spell it)

I think [name]London[/name] is very, very much a girl’s name. I can only picture it on a girl, whereas [name]Sebastian[/name] is all boy and classic, sophisticated, and handsome. If you aren’t planning to stay in [name]England[/name], having the place name as a middle will be a nice nod to your son’s birthplace. [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]London[/name] is very handsome, and I love the flow (I prefer it to [name]London[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]). It’s perfect!

[name]Sebastian[/name]
Its a lovely name with lots of history. [name]London[/name] is just another trendy name that will be gone in a few years. When he’s 20, [name]London[/name] (the name) will probably get the same amount of love as [name]Brittany[/name] or such gets these days.

I’d go with [name]Sebastian[/name]

[name]Sebastian[/name], by far