Long for Will

hey!
i have loved the name [name_m]Will[/name_m] forever, but i think maybe to be called [name_m]Will[/name_m] u would get asked a lot “whats that short for?” i get that a lot with my name too. so i would like to find a long name that can be shortened to [name_m]Will[/name_m] that is as lovely as the nm.
NOT [name_m]William[/name_m] is all i’m gonna say :wink:

Wilbur
[name_m]Willem[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilhelm[/name_m]
[name_u]Willoughby[/name_u]
[name_u]Willow[/name_u]

2 Likes

Willson?
[name_u]Wilder[/name_u]?

1 Like

Twilla
[name_f]Wildflower[/name_f]
[name_f]Wilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]
[name_f]Wilma[/name_f]
Wilfrida

Wilkinson
[name_m]Wilford[/name_m]
[name_m]Willard[/name_m]
[name_m]Willis[/name_m]
[name_m]Williamson[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilmar[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilbert[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilburn[/name_m]
[name_m]Fitzwilliam[/name_m]

2 Likes

:yellow_heart: :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Wilder is cool but I know of TWO [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m]’s born in the last few months. Must be coming back!

1 Like

I love [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m]!

[name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] is the one I hear quite a lot ([name_f]England[/name_f]). Never shortened to [name_m]Will[/name_m] though, generally [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] or [name_m]Wilf[/name_m].

What’s your general style, @flowellagrace?

Surnamey, like Willett or [name_m]Willard[/name_m]?

Vintage, like [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] or [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m]?

Extravagant, like [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u] or Wilberforce?

I think my personal favourite [name_m]Will[/name_m] names are [name_m]Willem[/name_m], [name_u]Wilder[/name_u], [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]/Wilf, [name_u]Willow[/name_u] and [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m].

1 Like

i like [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] a lot, but i have a relative with that name so its become him and i can’t see it in any other way.
i like sort of unusual, but not too weird, is that a general style? :crazy_face:
i like [name_m]Will[/name_m] for a boy and a girl.
if this gives u more of an idea about my general style, here are my top names of now:
[name_u]Seth[/name_u]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] - Sebbi

[name_f]Eira[/name_f]
[name_f]Modesty[/name_f]
[name_f]Betha[/name_f]

[name_u]Love[/name_u] your taste! [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] and [name_f]Eira[/name_f] are especially lovely.

[name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] goes really well, such a shame you can’t use it :frowning:

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_m]Gwilym[/name_m]? (Welsh form of [name_m]William[/name_m], inspired by [name_f]Eira[/name_f]).

1 Like

I knew a boy called [name_m]Willem[/name_m] which i think is a variation of william.

I do also know a boy who is just called [name_m]Will[/name_m] and nobody really ever asks if its short for anything exept maybe a couple times upon first meeting.

thank u :yellow_heart:

Wilson
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_u]Willow[/name_u]
Willamena