Long form for Minnie

I’m looking for ideas that would honor a [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]. Most -belle names are likely out, I’m not crazy about Disney princesses or sparkley vampires and they make my husband think of cows. [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] is a little nervy for me, and [name_f]Mary[/name_f] is too close to my older daughter’s name. I’m on the fence about [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f], but I do generally like names of that vintage. Does anyone have a favorite [name_u]Min[/name_u]- or -mina name they’d like to suggest?

I love [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]. What about [name_f]Araminta[/name_f]? I think you could get away with that.

Oooh love the previous suggestion of [name_f]Araminta[/name_f]! I also love [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f], [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f], and [name_f]Clementine[/name_f].:slight_smile:

[name_f]Philomina[/name_f]
[name_f]Jessamine[/name_f]
[name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]

That’s all I can think of right now.

I like the idea of [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]! I’ll have to see how my husband reacts to that one.

For [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]…do you think a different spelling like [name_f]Willamina[/name_f] would make it more normal, or just be a weird spelling of a weird name?

I love the suggestion of [name_f]Clementine[/name_f].

In the church I grew-up in there is a very sweet woman named [name_f]Minnie[/name_f]. She has only gone by [name_f]Minnie[/name_f], so I do not know if that is her full name or a nickname.

Shucks, my husband is reminding me that our last name starts with Cl. So [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] would be kind of a roller-derby level commitment to alliteration.

[name_f]Minnie[/name_f] could be a really endearing nickname for [name_f]Milena[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Millicent[/name_f] could also work, but I’m somewhat liberal when it comes to nicknames.

What about [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]? I know it seems a stretch, but [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] Driver’s real name was [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], and I definitely think it could work!
If not, I think the spelling [name_f]Willamina[/name_f] helps bring the name into 2013 - for me, it looks much more accessible a name than [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f], and doesn’t look odd at all! It is a much fresher spelling in my opinion, and a fantastic way of honouring a [name_f]Minnie[/name_f]!

In terms of [name_f]Belle[/name_f]… there are your obvious choices, [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f], [name_f]Arabella[/name_f], etc. If that’s too much cutesy ‘belle’ for you though, what about a more streamlined [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] or [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]? These names still honour [name_f]Belle[/name_f], but in a less disney princess way. [name_f]Willamina[/name_f] [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] / [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] both seem like beautiful combinations to me!

[name_f]Madeline[/name_f] could almost work too. Or [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] or [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], but they would be more of a stretch.

[name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] / [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f], and [name_f]Aminta[/name_f] /[name_f]Araminta[/name_f] are all great ideas.

All the names I can think of have already been said. I like [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] a lot, and though the nickname would be a bit of a stretch, I definitely like it. [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] would me my choice, because I like the sound of it and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]'s a favourite of mine :slight_smile:

The [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] I know is [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]. It works perfectly I think! I also like the suggestion of [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], but it might be because I’m a sucker for this name. :wink:

[name_f]Minna[/name_f] is a sweet name meaning “peaceful.”

Ones that haven’t been mentioned (I don’t necessarily recommend them all, but they’re options):

[name_f]Benjamina[/name_f] (one of those weird, clunky feminizations I inexplicably love)
[name_u]Carmen[/name_u]
[name_u]Dominique[/name_u]
[name_f]Magdalena[/name_f] (and variations)
[name_f]Marilyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Marina[/name_f]
[name_f]Minette[/name_f]
[name_f]Morwenna[/name_f]
[name_f]Tamsin[/name_f] (it sort of works, all the letters are there :P)

It is strong and lovely.

[name_f]Araminta[/name_f] too.

whereas [name_f]Willamina[/name_f] is (to me) a misspelling of a lovely and strong old-fashioned name.

My great grandmother was [name_f]Philomina[/name_f] aka. [name_f]Minnie[/name_f]