Long form for Roy?

Hello.

I have always loved the name [name]Roy[/name], and have always wanted to use it. I am currently pregnant with a boy, and want to use [name]Roy[/name]. I have a daughter named [name]Elsa[/name] ([name]Elsie[/name]) [name]Kathryn[/name], and [name]Roy[/name] just seems too short next to [name]Elsa[/name].

So, I was wondering if any of you could help me come up with a longer, more formal name with [name]Roy[/name] as a nickname.

His middle name will be [name]Benjamin[/name].

Thank you!

[name]Leroy[/name]
[name]Conroy[/name]
[name]Royce[/name]
[name]Elroy[/name]
[name]Royal[/name]
[name]Troy[/name]

For a bit more of a stretch, you could also try any number of names that start with [name]Ro[/name]-:

[name]Roderick[/name]
[name]Robert[/name]
[name]Roger[/name]
[name]Rourke[/name]
[name]Rodney[/name]
[name]Rockwell[/name]

[name]Roland[/name]! [name]Elsa[/name] and [name]Roland[/name] sound good together!

[name]Royce[/name] was my first thought. [name]Fitzroy[/name] or [name]Royden[/name] could also work. Oh, but I just read that [name]Fitzroy[/name] was an English surname originally given to the illegitimate sons of a monarch. Not that many people would actually know that, but it makes me prefer [name]Royce[/name] or [name]Royden[/name].

A few more:
[name]Rohan[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

My father’s name is [name]Roy[/name] (and I plan to name my first son after him). He likes to say “My name is [name]Roy[/name], short for Royalty.”

I think [name]Leroy[/name] has a lot of spunk to it, maybe a bit more of a stretch but I think [name]Rollo[/name] goes well with [name]Elsa[/name], [name]Rollo[/name] & [name]Elsa[/name]

I really like [name]Leroy[/name] with [name]Elsa[/name].

[name]Royston[/name] maybe? But I agree, [name]Leroy[/name] sounds good with [name]Elsa[/name].

• anon.

Well…In the [name]Little[/name] House books, Almanzo’s brother was [name]Royal[/name] so that is an option.

I don’t think [name]Roy[/name] is too short with [name]Elsa[/name]. It’s just one syllable different and one letter short. If [name]Roy[/name] is the name you love and you plan to call him that, that’s what I would name him!