Long Time Lurker - Input on names for GirlLee :)

Hello, I’m [name]Jen[/name] and I have been lurking ever since I found out I was PG a few months ago, and now that we know we are having a girl (due in [name]January[/name]), I though I would post to get some input on names I like.

My son’s name is [name]Jasper[/name] Quiren (Quiren was my grandfather’s name and it’s pronounced Kwere-In. My heritage is Czech/[name]German[/name] and the name relates back to [name]St[/name]. [name]Quirinus[/name]). In choosing his name, we wanted something that wasn’t super common, but was easy to spell, pronounce, and tell his gender. We think his name suits him perfectly (although I confess that I’m a little bummed about the name’s connection to Twilight now - he was born in 2005, before the explosion).

In any case, I always thought I would name a daughter after my and my husband’s grandmothers, but when we found out this little one was a girl, I realized that I am not really feeling it for her - though it is still a contender. Please take a look at my name list below and let me know what you think. I am open to some suggestions but have a couple of caveats - our last name is [name]Lee[/name], so no adverbs please ([name]Ginger[/name] [name]Lee[/name], [name]Violet[/name] [name]Lee[/name] are out) and no “L” names - as much as I love them, [name]Liliana[/name] [name]Lee[/name] is a whole lot of L-L-L-Ls!

Thanks in advance - here’s my list (in alphabetical order because I’m weird like that):

[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Mei[/name] (maybe nn [name]Stella[/name] or [name]Mei[/name]-[name]Mei[/name] - this is my grandma and my husband’s grandma’s names - my husband is Chinese, hence the spelling)
[name]Georgina[/name] [name]Agnes[/name] (nn [name]Gigi[/name] - my husband and my favorite, deceased uncle is [name]George[/name])
[name]Georgina[/name] [name]Carys[/name] (nn [name]Gigi[/name] - my husband and my favorite, deceased uncle is [name]George[/name])
[name]Georgina[/name] [name]Maud[/name] (nn [name]Gigi[/name] - my husband and my favorite, deceased uncle is [name]George[/name])
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Estelle[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] (maybe nn Jools or [name]Jules[/name])
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Quinn[/name] (maybe nn Jools or [name]Jules[/name] - we thought it was sort of fun that these are the same initials as our son)
[name]Juniper[/name] [name]Carys[/name] (maybe nn [name]Junie[/name])
[name]Juniper[/name] [name]Quinn[/name] (maybe nn [name]Junie[/name] - we thought it was sort of fun that these are the same initials as our son)

Not sure how to add it here, but I do have a public name list called GirlLee on the site - there are a lot of other names I like, but the above list are the ones that really call to me.

Thanks again,

[name]Jen[/name]

[name]Welcome[/name] to. Nameberry! I don’t have time for much of a reply but I just had to comment on [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Fay[/name] before I forget to! I lloooooovvvvveeee it! I worked at a preschool and one of my favorite kids was named [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Faye[/name] and I called her by both names all the time because it’s just so much fun to say. It is one of my favorite combos [name]EVER[/name]! I’m sure the rest of your names are fantastic too, but I couldn’t even get past that one!

I like your list a lot, but [name]Lee[/name] is quite a hard last name to work with! I think [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] are the best on your list.

[name]Audrey[/name]: I like [name]Audrey[/name]. It sounds nice with [name]Jasper[/name], but [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Lee[/name] is a little rhymey… [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Faye[/name] is pretty, but I’m really not a fan of [name]Quinn[/name] since it’s a boy’s name. What about [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Estelle[/name], [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Georgina[/name], or [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]?

[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Mei[/name]: [name]Estelle[/name] is very pretty. [name]Estelle[/name] [name]Mei[/name] [name]Lee[/name] doesn’t have ideal flow, though-- I think with [name]Lee[/name], you need a middle name longer than one syllable. [name]Estella[/name] [name]Mei[/name] would be lovely otherwise. Now that I think of it, I don’t like how [name]Estelle[/name] runs into [name]Lee[/name]-- it sounds like Estelly.

[name]Georgina[/name]: I’ve never liked the [name]George[/name] names, but [name]Georgina[/name] is a perfectly fine name, and it honors, which is good. [name]Agnes[/name] and [name]Maud[/name] are lovely and underused, I think, so I like those two combos best.

[name]Ivy[/name]: I love [name]Ivy[/name], but it doesn’t go with your last name. Plus it sounds like ‘ivy league’. [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Estelle[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Jane[/name] are both lovely, though.

[name]Juliet[/name]: I love [name]Juliet[/name]! I’m not a fan of the rhyminess of [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Lee[/name], but it’s not awful. [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] is lovely-- what about [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Agnes[/name], [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Maud[/name], [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Estelle[/name], or [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]?

[name]Juniper[/name]: I think [name]Juniper[/name] is way too close to [name]Jasper[/name], not to mention a little over the top and ‘out there’.

[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Faye[/name]- [name]Love[/name] [name]Audrey[/name], it is classic and mature and a name a little girl can grow up with. It is very popular though and has been for a while. It still would go well with [name]Jasper[/name] though.
[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]- I prefer [name]Faye[/name], [name]Quinn[/name] is very similar to your sons mn.
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Mei[/name]- I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Estelle[/name]. [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Estelle[/name] would make a fabulous sibset. This is my favorite off you list
[name]Georgina[/name] [name]Carys[/name]- This is my favorite [name]Georgina[/name] combo on your list. I love that it honors family. Plus it as wery similar style as [name]Jasper[/name].
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Estelle[/name]- This is my favorite [name]Ivy[/name] combo. I love [name]Ivy[/name], it is feminine and sweet and its one nature name that will age well. [name]Ivy[/name] would go well with [name]Jasper[/name].
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] (maybe nn Jools or [name]Jules[/name])- I like this one too. Maybe not the best match with [name]Jasper[/name] style wise but it definitely works.
[name]Juniper[/name] [name]Carys[/name]- [name]Juniper[/name] is way to close to [name]Jasper[/name] imo. They both start and end in the same sounds.

[name]Estelle[/name], [name]Ivy[/name], and then [name]Georgina[/name] are my three favorites off your list. All would go really well with brother [name]Jasper[/name]'s name. Good luck and let up know what you choose!