Longer, frilly, very fancy and rich sounding names?

I need some longer, frilly, almost overly-rich sounding names for my two sisters in my story, who both go by unrelated nicknames. Their mom likes really long fancy names because it makes them “look more respectable at all times” and because it makes her look intelligent and well educated (She’s not the greatest person).

But anyways: They have cousins called [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m], and [name_m]Williamson[/name_m] (family name) they are so far minor characters an dont have nicknames yet.

Suggestions?

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Christina[/name_f], [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Valerie[/name_f], [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f], [name_f]Celeste[/name_f], [name_f]Felicia[/name_f], [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], [name_f]Candace[/name_f], [name_f]Angelica[/name_f], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], [name_u]Vivian[/name_u], [name_f]Brie[/name_f], [name_f]Pamela[/name_f], [name_f]Juliette[/name_f], [name_f]Valentina[/name_f], [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f], [name_f]Odette[/name_f], [name_f]Alessandra[/name_f], [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_f]Camille[/name_f], [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]. These are just what I consider rich and frilly sounding. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] I helped.

Be prepared. You say overly frilly and I might go to over for you :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll try to throw some more normal frilly name sin there

[name_f]Sophronia[/name_f]
Vivendel
Verdandi
[name_f]Emanuella[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]
Vitalia
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodosia[/name_f]
[name_f]Viviana[/name_f]
[name_f]Liliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f]
Coppelia
[name_f]Candida[/name_f] - can-dee-da
[name_f]Violetta[/name_f] – vee-oh-let-a or -vi-oh-let-a
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f]
[name_f]Julietta[/name_f]
[name_f]Emiliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Cynthiana[/name_f]
Cymbelina
[name_f]Genoveva[/name_f]
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_f]Luciana[/name_f]
[name_f]Graciana[/name_f]
[name_f]Euphemia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eulalia[/name_f]

[name_f]Arabella[/name_f] & [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], maybe? Idk…

Thank you everyone! I like [name_f]Violetta[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] right now, but I’m open to more suggestions!! :slight_smile:

Celestia
Genevieve
Victoria
Veronica
Eugenia
Virginia
Artemisia
Oriana
Elysia
Demetria
Cordelia
Rosalia
Valeria
Mirabella
Gabriella
Raphaela
Melania
Meliora
Eliana
Carlotta
Liviana
Juliana
Catelina

Honestly, it would depend on where you are in the US, if you are in the US, and what ethnicity you are if you are in [name_f]Canada[/name_f].

I grew up in a very wealthy town in Connecticut. There was a chasm in naming – between those who were “old” money and those who were bourgeoisie. The Gardiners, the Griswolds, the Comforts et. al had very simple [name_f]English[/name_f] type names: [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], [name_m]Harold[/name_m], [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], [name_u]John[/name_u], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]. The oldest families often had Puritan names: I went to school with [name_m]Lion[/name_m] and [name_f]Abitha[/name_f]. The bourgeoisie names were definitely frillier: [name_f]Samantha[/name_f], [name_f]Pamela[/name_f], [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] (girl), [name_f]Athena[/name_f], [name_f]Diana[/name_f]. Then the middle class names were the ones you found in the SS top twenty.

In Vancouver, when I was there, the ultra rich were from [name_u]Hong[/name_u] Kong and had Baptist missionary/Catholic missionary first names (Albert, [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m], [name_f]Edith[/name_f], Louise). The old money used Scottish surnames: [name_m]Fraser[/name_m] (boy), [name_m]Gregor[/name_m] (girl), [name_u]Rae[/name_u] (girl), [name_m]Gordon[/name_m].