Longer names for 'Rory'?

For some reason I love the name [name]Rory[/name], for boys or girls. However, I wouldn’t just call a daughter [name]Rory[/name], because I really do prefer classic, traditional names, not unisex or tryyndee names. Apart from [name]Aurora[/name] (which I’m not a huge fan of), can you think of any names that I could use the nickname [name]Rory[/name] for? Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

The only one I can think of is [name]Lorelei[/name], which is the name of both the mother and daughter on [name]Gilmore[/name] Girls, but the daughter goes by [name]Rory[/name].

What about [name]Rosemary[/name]? It contains “[name]Rory[/name].”

Good luck!

Oh I love [name]Rosemary[/name] (can’t use it due to a bad aunt named mary…) But I think [name]Rosemary[/name] nn [name]Rory[/name] is adorable. [name]Jill[/name], you always have the best suggestions. Sometimes I just wait until you reply and then comment on your thought :slight_smile: haha.

Oh I love [name]Rosemary[/name] (can’t use it due to a bad aunt named mary…) But I think [name]Rosemary[/name] nn [name]Rory[/name] is adorable. [name]Jill[/name], you always have the best suggestions. Sometimes I just wait until you reply and then comment on your thought :slight_smile: haha.[/quote]

Thanks, [name]Elizabeth[/name]! You always have the best ideas! Always…I mean, [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Frances[/name] and [name]Louise[/name] Larrabee? Amazing!!! (By the way, I don’t think I mentioned that I love [name]Conrad[/name] with [name]Emery[/name].)

About [name]Gilmore[/name] Girls…I had no idea that [name]Rory[/name] was actually [name]Lorelei[/name], too! Interesting. I think that [name]Lorelei[/name] is so pretty…

Take care! :slight_smile:

[name]How[/name] about [name]Rory[/name] as a nn for [name]Gloria[/name] or [name]Victoria[/name]?

I think you can get to [name]Rory[/name] if you have a ‘[name]Ro[/name]’ in the name such as in-

[name]Rosalie[/name]/ [name]Rosalia[/name]
[name]Rowena[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name]
[name]Robin[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name]
[name]Ambrosia[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]

Names ending in [name]Ria[/name] such as [name]Astoria[/name] could also work well. Or names containing aur-

[name]Lauren[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Laurianne[/name]
[name]Laura[/name]

Roria and Roriana also popped up somewhere but I have never heard of these before

If you are not a fan of [name]Aurora[/name] you might not like this but I think the French [name]Aurore[/name] is softer and prettier. Or Aurorelia which is rather more flowery but I think quite beautiful. Good luck!

[name]Marjorie[/name]
[name]Mallory[/name]
[name]Rosaria[/name]

I already really like [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Rosalie[/name], and never thought that [name]Rory[/name] would be an okay nickname for them. [name]Do[/name] you think it’s too farfetched?

What about [name]Aurelia[/name] or [name]Auria[/name]?