Looking for a boys name that means "wished for" or "wish"

I’m trying to find a name that means something along the lines of “wished for” or “desired” or “prayed for”. I have no prefence for style as long as the meaning is close to the above. Any suggestions? Thanks so much.

Hello Valeries! Here are some suggestions for you (a bit random):
[name]Jedediah[/name]
[name]Sajan[/name]
[name]David[/name]
[name]Graziano[/name]
[name]Caradoc[/name]

Also, if you go to the Nameberry homepage, go to the “Search Names By” tab, and then click on “Meaning”, you can select any meaning you want, including selections like “[name]Joy[/name]”, etc. Good luck!

Manish - [name]Indian[/name] - Sagacity; desire
Murad - Arabic - Wish, desire
Nozomu - Japanese - Desire

[name]Cletus[/name] - Greek - Pray
[name]Saul[/name] - Hebrew - Responded; prayed for
Demaratos - Greek -Prayed for by the people

[name]Milos[/name]/Miloslav apparently means ‘wanted/wished for’, as do Murad, an Arabic name… [name]Milos[/name] is lovely! I love names ending in s and this one is a blend of [name]Miles[/name] and [name]Milo[/name] combining the best of both names (the O in [name]Milo[/name] and the s ending in [name]Miles[/name])

I found some names that mean desire as well, in case that’s interesting for you, Maram (unisex) Tiras and Duc… I don’t know the pronunciation of Duc though, it’s either like [name]Duke[/name] or like Duck… :S
Maram is a bit feminine, but Tiras is actually lovely :slight_smile: He was [name]Noah[/name]'s grandson apparently, so it’s a biblical name… It may be a bit feminine as well though…

There’s also [name]Benjamin[/name] which some places mean ‘favourite son/the chosen one’. In Norway the meaning is translated as ‘son of happiness/son of bliss’ as in ‘son who brings happiness’ which is very straightforward ^^
[name]Felix[/name] means happy, but so do a lot of names ([name]Asher[/name] for example)

[name]Hi[/name]! Sorry for any repeats…

[name]Saul[/name] “asked for, desired, prayed for”
[name]Reuben[/name] “behold, a son”
[name]Bennett[/name] “blessed”

Good luck!

Also, if you’re [name]Christian[/name] and/or looking for a biblical name:
[name]Isaac[/name] and [name]Samuel[/name] were both children that were waited for and prayed for over a long period of time.

[name]Saul[/name]: Asked for, prayed for

Anaiah: God answers

[name]John[/name] and all its many variations mean God is gracious

Thank you all so much for these wonderful names. I’m leaning toward [name]Samuel[/name] or [name]Saul[/name] I think. My last name starts with and “S” so I don’t know if it will sound good or not.

There is a bible story about a woman named [name]Hannah[/name] who couldn’t have a baby. She prayed for a son in the temple and the next year she had a son named [name]Samuel[/name]. [name]Samuel[/name] means “told by God”.
Another woman in the bible who had infertility issues was named [name]Rachel[/name]. She finally had a son named [name]Joseph[/name] and then another named [name]Benjamin[/name].
Another idea is to name a son after a star as in wish upon a star.
[name]Star[/name] and constellation names:
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Orion[/name]

There is a bible story about a woman named [name]Hannah[/name] who couldn’t have a baby. She prayed for a son in the temple and the next year she had a son named [name]Samuel[/name]. [name]Samuel[/name] means “told by God”.
Another woman in the bible who had infertility issues was named [name]Rachel[/name]. She finally had a son named [name]Joseph[/name] and then another named [name]Benjamin[/name].
Another idea is to name a son after a star as in wish upon a star.
[name]Star[/name] and constellation names:
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Orion[/name][/quote]

If you want to go the route of naming him after a star or constellation, let me know - I’m taking an astronomy class right now - galaxies, constellations, stars, planets, etc… they’re all in my book.