Looking for a cat name!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all!

In a couple of weeks, our adopted kitten will arrive. He is a black male and still needs a name. Our previous cats all had Germanic/Norse mythology names: Wodan, [name_f]Freya[/name_f], Frigg and [name_m]Baldur[/name_m]. I’d like to keep this trend going, but not necessarily with gods names.

I would love to hear your suggestions! :cat:

Names I like are:

• [name_m]Olaf[/name_m]
  • [name_u]Loki[/name_u]
  • Floki
  • [name_m]Fiske[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Noll[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Otto[/name_m]
  • Puk
  • [name_m]Frodo[/name_m]

Floki is adorable! Maybe [name_m]Narvi[/name_m] or [name_m]Sindri[/name_m]? I quite like that the latter sounds like “cinder”, which feels fitting for his colour.

Maybe also Nott? She’s the Norse goddess of the night but I think the name could work just fine for a male kitty too.

1 Like

I really like [name_u]Loki[/name_u], [name_m]Otto[/name_m], and [name_m]Frodo[/name_m]!

1 Like

But honestly. I like variant Floki. Frodo is really very funny. Immediately imagine the lord of the rings freak. Why no one occured to me the name Frodo when we called my bald cat? Ours is really scary like him. LOL. We ordered him a large cat tree on 🥇10 Best Cat Trees to Buy in (February 2023) - Buyer’s Guide so he always constantly scratches and bites. This is actually “his preaches” that it loves more than everything. Actually, be careful with the name you choose. How you will call the ship so it will float. So choose a name softer and calmer so that later the kitten does not become like a clockwork motor.