Looking for a Strong, Beautiful but RARE Vintage Name!

Copeland Rhine is a pretty hard act to follow! A sister will have to have an equally unisex name, but I think it’d be great if she had a really sweet, clearly feminine nickname like [name]Coco[/name], too.

As for [name]Sojourner[/name] - I really like it. A great historical connection, and a fun, unusual name. Perhaps the sweet nn could be [name]Sosie[/name]?

[name]Bliss[/name], though, feels a little tacky to me. I’m sorry! [name]How[/name] about [name]Blythe[/name]? It’s a great surname name, soft but strong, and I think [name]Sojourner[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] would make an excellent sister for Copeland Rhine.

Good luck! [name]Auburn[/name]

Sell him on [name]Sojourner[/name]. I love love love that name. and copeland is very cute too… my fiance is very weird about names so i had a very hard time naming my boys. If you settle you might regret you naming choices like I do some days.

Any more family names you could use? Or places you’ve lived or visited? I’m sure your looking for a name that has some meaning to you.

I actually took a look on Behind the Surname, to try and find some which would translate well into a first name for Copeland’s little sister.

[name]How[/name] about :
Bonham/Bonner (nn [name]Bonny[/name] or [name]Bo[/name])
[name]Clemens[/name] (nn [name]Emmie[/name] or [name]Clem[/name])
Constable (okay, perhaps much too military, but [name]Connie[/name] is a lovely nn)
[name]Ellsworth[/name] (nn [name]Ellie[/name])
[name]Evered[/name] (nn [name]Evie[/name])
[name]Hamilton[/name] (nn [name]Millie[/name])
Hollins (nn [name]Holly[/name])
[name]Milford[/name]/[name]Milton[/name] (nn [name]Millie[/name])
[name]Quincey[/name] (nn [name]Quinn[/name], although it doesn’t have the same feel as [name]Coco[/name])
[name]Willoughby[/name] (perhaps nn [name]Bibi[/name]).

[name]Auburn[/name]

Copeland Rhine and [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Brett[/name]
Copeland Rhine and [name]Constance[/name] [name]Ever[/name]
Copeland Rhine and [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Blair[/name]
Copeland Rhine and [name]Rhiannon[/name] [name]Cora[/name]
Copeland Rhine and [name]Callaway[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]/[name]Sophie[/name]
Copeland Rhine and [name]Willow[/name] [name]Charisma[/name]
Copeland Rhine and [name]Astoria[/name] [name]Bronte[/name]
Copeland Rhine and [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
Copeland Rhine and [name]Andromeda[/name] [name]Bliss[/name]
Copeland Rhine and [name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Soleil[/name]
Copeland Rhine and [name]Riviera[/name] [name]Naomi[/name]
Copeland Rhine and [name]Artemis[/name] [name]Jemima[/name]

Since you seem to be cool with “out there” names how about these ways to get to nn [name]Eve[/name]/[name]Evie[/name]?
[name]Everest[/name], [name]Beverly[/name](not very “out there”), Evergreen, [name]Weaver[/name], [name]Reeves[/name], [name]Everett[/name], [name]Yvette[/name]?
I kind of like [name]Weaver[/name] with Copeland:)
[name]Weaver[/name] [name]Dahlia[/name]?

Copeland is a tough act to follow,I feel that you need something another surname or one with a surnamish feel, and not overly feminine, but cute, sweet and spunky, some names I could see as Copelands sister…

Abrinet
Anandale
Arindel
[name]Boston[/name]
Breindel
[name]Bellerose[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name]
[name]Fairfax[/name]
[name]Gentry[/name]
[name]Hartley[/name]
Holloway
[name]Jersey[/name]
[name]Lavender[/name]
[name]October[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name]
Sutherland
[name]Torrence[/name]
[name]Trinidad[/name]
[name]Wendell[/name]
Westrey
[name]Windsor[/name]

Some of them maybe too out there for you but I hope it helps!

Copeland Rhine is very cool. I quite like [name]Sojourner[/name]. You could use [name]Sosie[/name] (as a pp mentioned) or [name]Sonny[/name]/[name]Sunny[/name] as a nickname, or [name]Journey[/name] if that’s your style. Are there any family names you could maybe use? If not, here are some other names you might like:

[name]Juniper[/name] ([name]June[/name], [name]Junie[/name])
[name]Kensington[/name] (Kensie)
[name]Sonoma[/name] ([name]Sonny[/name], [name]Nomi[/name])
[name]Arcadia[/name] ([name]Cady[/name])
[name]Sheridan[/name] ([name]Sheri[/name])
[name]Gramercy[/name] ([name]Mercy[/name], [name]Merry[/name])
[name]Barlow[/name] (can’t think of a good nn for this one…maybe [name]Lola[/name]?)
Beasley ([name]Bea[/name])
[name]Carlisle[/name]/[name]Carlyle[/name] ([name]Carly[/name], [name]Lila[/name])
Cheshire ([name]Chessie[/name])
[name]Dalton[/name] (Dally/[name]Dolly[/name])
Hadaway (Haddy)
[name]Hamilton[/name] ([name]Milly[/name])
[name]Holland[/name] ([name]Holly[/name])
Kellogg ([name]Kelly[/name])
[name]Kimball[/name] ([name]Kimmy[/name])
[name]Mason[/name] (Masie)

That’s all I’ve got for now. [name]Hope[/name] that helps!

Copeland Rhine is definitely not my style, but I do have to agree with a pp that Hollaway would be cute. You could call her [name]Holly[/name].

Hollaway [name]Sojourner[/name] fits with Copeland Rhine

Galleria Juico [name]Ann[/name]

A name I won’t be able to use that is similar to [name]Everly[/name] is [name]Everet[/name]. You could also use [name]Everett[/name] but I’d like to keep that spelling for the boys. What about [name]Leonor[/name]? Vintage, similar to your mother’s name, but so old its new again!

Sutherland, Chapel, [name]Watson[/name], Kastesby

Perhaps you could honor the family members with names of similar meaning. For example, you could honor [name]Leona[/name] by using the names [name]Leandra[/name], [name]Arielle[/name], or [name]Leonie[/name].