Looking for a subtle way to honor our interests - chemistry and music

See the results of this poll: Your opinion?

Respondents: 50 (This poll is closed)

• Addison Rayleigh : 1 (1%)
  • Cera Lydian : 8 (12%)
  • Addison Aria : 5 (7%)
  • Tabitha Timbre : 13 (19%)
  • Aria Michaelis : 23 (34%)
  • Vesper Joule : 16 (24%)
  • Rayleigh Addison: 1 (1%)

Okay, so I think I have figured out the meanings of all of the ones that “connect” to music/science. I’ll give you my opinions of those and then the names in general:
Lydian - as in the musical scale; my opinion - pretty, but it sounds like you just added an N on to [name]Lydia[/name]. You could just go with [name]Lydia[/name] and it would still have somewhat of a connection.
Rayleigh - as in Rayleigh distribution; my opinion - sounds/looks a little made up and will get lumped in with the [name]Bayleigh[/name], [name]Kayleigh[/name], etc. trend, and you may have pronunciation issues.
Timbre - involved in music/the tone of the note; my opinion - this one is not bad but I think there are better names associated with music out there
[name]Aria[/name] - relates to music; my opinion - a legit name with a musical connection! [name]Love[/name]!
Joule - as in the unit; my opinion - don’t like this one, sounds like a made up version of [name]Julia[/name] and also sounds masculine
Michaelis - as in [name]Leonor[/name] Michaelis; my opinion - very masculine sounding as well; why not just go with [name]Leonor[/name]?

Now, the names themselves:
[name]Cera[/name] Lydian - I would prefer [name]Ciara[/name] Lydian or [name]Cerise[/name] [name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Addison[/name] Rayleigh - I have never been a fan of [name]Addison[/name] or [name]Madison[/name], and the popularity would be an issue for me. But the combo sounds nice if you like [name]Addison[/name].
[name]Tabitha[/name] Timbre - [name]Don[/name]'t like the alliteration, but love [name]Tabitha[/name]! [name]Tabitha[/name] Lydian would be better
[name]Addison[/name] [name]Aria[/name] - Again, don’t like the alliteration. Stick Timbre in this combo!
[name]Vesper[/name] Joule - This is the only one that I REALLY don’t care for. Sounds totally masculine to me, and both of the names are pretty “out there”.
[name]Aria[/name] Michaelis - [name]Love[/name] [name]Aria[/name], don’t like Michaelis. If you are set on Joule, [name]Aria[/name] Joule sounds all right, as do [name]Aria[/name] Lydian and [name]Aria[/name] Timbre.
Rayleigh [name]Addison[/name] - Prefer [name]Addison[/name] Rayleigh.

Other names connecting to music: [name]Melody[/name], [name]Cadence[/name], [name]Harmony[/name], [name]Lyric[/name], [name]Piper[/name], [name]Calliope[/name], [name]Carmen[/name] (means “song”), [name]Lyra[/name], [name]Melodia[/name], [name]Allegra[/name], [name]Viola[/name]
Other names connecting to science: Tesla, [name]Nova[/name]

Some new combos: [name]Addison[/name] [name]Lyric[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] this with [name]Addison[/name]; it balances [name]Addison[/name] quite nicely!), [name]Cera[/name] [name]Calliope[/name] (I actually like the alliteration here, I think because [name]Cera[/name] begins with a soft c whereas [name]Calliope[/name] has the hard c), [name]Cadence[/name] Lydian, [name]Melody[/name] [name]Nova[/name], [name]Aria[/name] [name]Vesper[/name], [name]Carmen[/name] Michaelis, [name]Tabitha[/name] [name]Lyra[/name], Aria Leonor (really like this one!). I’m sure you can make many more combinations! Good luck! You have a great start!

I voted for [name]Aria[/name] Michaelis because I love the name [name]Aria[/name] and think it fits perfectly. I’m not a fan of Michaelis though (too masculine). I think [name]Aria[/name] [name]Michaela[/name] is a much prettier option (despite the double a).

I really liked [name]Aria[/name] Michaelis. It has beautiful rhythm, flow and balance. It honors both music & chemistry without being hokey, and I think very few people will get the Michaelis-Menten kinetics thing; most people will think you have Greek ancestry and it’s a family name. I made some suggestions on your other thread but I think this option is by far the clear winner.

[name]Aria[/name] Michaelis by a mile. I thought I knew at least a little bit about music and chemistry until I read your names. Lol.

Second in my mind is [name]Vesper[/name] Joule based just on the way it flows and sounds, but I’m not a fan of the name [name]Vesper[/name] … sounds too much like a word name to me, which I don’t care for. I love this idea, though! And I also like [name]Aria[/name] Michaelis because it honors both. Maybe the others do too and I’m even more clueless than I thought. :slight_smile:

[name]Aria[/name] and [name]Tabitha[/name] are both stunning!

[name]TABITHA[/name]! God I love that name. I think the alliteration is cute, too.

I can see the way you have connected your interests to your future baby’s names.

[name]Aria[/name] Michaelis is lovely and it gives your daughter the musical and chemistry connection that you appreciate so well.

My second choice would be [name]Tabitha[/name] Timbre but I would prefer to see something like [name]Tabitha[/name] [name]Candace[/name], [name]Cantata[/name], [name]Poem[/name], [name]Sonata[/name], [name]Harmony[/name] or [name]Viola[/name].

rollo