Looking for a way to honor my grandparents

My grandmothers name was [name]Doris[/name] [name]Lloyd[/name]. Since I am not a fan of her first name, I’d like to use her last name for a future daughter. I was thinking of the middle name [name]Grey[/name] because [name]Lloyd[/name] means [name]Grey[/name] or grey haired. [name]Do[/name] you think it is a cute idea of two far of a stretch? Or what about [name]Lloyd[/name] as a mn?

I don’t think it’s that far of a stretch. It’s darling, and it has meaning (plus it works for either gender.) As for [name]Lloyd[/name], I don’t think it would work for a girl. It may not be extremely masculine or conjur up images of lumberjacks in plaid, but I still see it as a boys name. I would save [name]Lloyd[/name] for a futrue sons middle name.
[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

• [name]Athena[/name]

[name]Grey[/name] is a nice middle name, both for girls and for boys.

Was [name]Lloyd[/name] her maiden name or married name? Regardless, I think it would work great as a middle name. [name]Grey[/name] to honor your grandmother is too much of a stretch for me personally.

Well here’s what I’m doing… my nana just passed away a few weeks ago. Her name was [name]Doris[/name] too. I came across the name [name]Dove[/name] and I just felt a peace about it. The D-O honors [name]Doris[/name] and the dove is a symbol of peace and new life. [name]Dove[/name] will be baby girl’s middle name.

I don’t think [name]Grey[/name] is too far a stretch, but I think it’s too dull and bland for a beautiful baby girl!
Here’s some other ideas:

Meaning ‘gray’:
~ [name]Griselda[/name]

Variant of [name]Doris[/name]:
~ [name]Doria[/name]
~ [name]Dora[/name]
~ [name]Dorothy[/name]

[name]Doris[/name] means ‘gift of the ocean’…
Meaning ‘gift’:
~ [name]Eudora[/name]
~ [name]Gia[/name]
~ [name]Isadora[/name]
~ [name]Jane[/name]
~ [name]Theodora[/name]

Meaning ‘ocean’:
~ [name]Moanna[/name]
~ [name]Oceana[/name] / [name]Oceane[/name]
~ [name]Pasha[/name]

Could put names together to make a meaning like gift of the ocean, e.g.:
~ [name]Jane[/name] [name]Oceana[/name]
~ [name]Theodora[/name] [name]Pasha[/name]
~ [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Moanna[/name]

:slight_smile:

I love [name]Grey[/name] as a mn! [name]Just[/name] a suggestion, since [name]Lloyd[/name] can be a variation of [name]Loy[/name] or [name]Loyal[/name] with means Faithful, what about [name]Faith[/name]?

[name]Loyal[/name] [name]Grey[/name]
[name]Faith[/name] [name]Grey[/name]