looking for fresh thoughts once again! Olive to felix...

thanks for your help! i’ll try to keep it simple and straight forward.
i am dutch, he is czech. first baby, we dont know the gender nor do we want to know. some of our favourite names are [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Augustus[/name] nn. [name]Gus[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], but these are all-sigh- used by friends in recent months, years.

thoughts or takes on the below names? any other suggestions?

Boy names:
[name]Henry[/name] (likely use henry moreso as a middle name)
[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] (like other spellings for this, such as [name]FELIKS[/name]-the european spelling, this name has been my fave since day one and has grown on dada to be)
[name]Lennon[/name] (but i despise nn [name]Len[/name] or [name]Lenny[/name])
[name]Julian[/name] nn [name]JUDE[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]

Girl Names:
[name]Olive[/name] (love this name, so vintage, old and classic but yet cute! dadda to be thinks it may sound too jewish?? not that theres anything wrong with that but we like to stay away from anything too hebrew, biblical, etc)
[name]Penelope[/name] ”poppy”
[name]Ruby[/name] (more likely use as a middle name
[name]Opal[/name] (more likely use it as a middle name)
[name]Anneke[/name]/[name]Anika[/name]: [name]Anneke[/name] has been our #1 choice until now when im starting to rethink it, eeek! our family loves [name]Anneke[/name] as well and its very dutch.
[name]Thea[/name]
Willemijn (for a middle name)
[name]Adelaide[/name] nn [name]Ada[/name] (new to our list!)
[name]Beatrice[/name] (new to our list)

the baby will have both of our last names, not hyphenated,
First last name will be SC*T second last name RS
both last names are one syllable. So, the babe will have 4 names total, first name, middle name and two last names.(is this too much??!)

thanks for your help!!

[name]Hi[/name]! I’m sorry you can’t use those great names! :frowning:

Boy names:
[name]Henry[/name] (likely use henry moreso as a middle name): I love [name]Henry[/name]…

[name]Arlo[/name]: I love [name]Arlo[/name]…

[name]Milo[/name]: I love [name]Milo[/name]…

[name]Felix[/name] (like other spellings for this, such as [name]FELIKS[/name]-the european spelling, this name has been my fave since day one and has grown on dada to be): [name]Love[/name] this, too, but not with an S last name, because the sss sounds run together.

[name]Lennon[/name] (but i despise nn [name]Len[/name] or [name]Lenny[/name]): I’m not a [name]Lennon[/name] fan, but I love the other names.

[name]Julian[/name] nn [name]JUDE[/name]: I love this…

[name]Atticus[/name]: [name]Love[/name], but not with an S last name, because the S sounds run together…

[name]Ezra[/name]: [name]Love[/name]…

Girl Names:
[name]Olive[/name] (love this name, so vintage, old and classic but yet cute! dadda to be thinks it may sound too jewish?? not that theres anything wrong with that but we like to stay away from anything too hebrew, biblical, etc): I’m Jewish, and for what it’s worth, [name]Olive[/name] isn’t a Jewish name. At all. I think [name]Olive[/name] is great! If you’re concerned about a name being too “Jewish” or Biblical, [name]Ezra[/name] probably isn’t the best choice for you.

[name]Penelope[/name] ”poppy”: [name]Love[/name]…

[name]Ruby[/name] (more likely use as a middle name: Very pretty…

[name]Opal[/name] (more likely use it as a middle name): I love [name]Opal[/name]!

[name]Anneke[/name]/[name]Anika[/name]: [name]Anneke[/name] has been our #1 choice until now when im starting to rethink it, eeek! our family loves [name]Anneke[/name] as well and its very dutch.) : I think it’s a beautiful name…

[name]Thea[/name]: I love [name]Thea[/name], too…

Willemijn (for a middle name): I like this a lot…

[name]Adelaide[/name] nn [name]Ada[/name] (new to our list!): I love [name]Adelaide[/name]…

[name]Beatrice[/name] (new to our list): I love this, too, but not with an S last name, because the ssss sounds run together.

I really love your list! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Thanks! I agree with the [name]Ezra[/name] name being too biblical. It’s a cool name though!! Hmmm… Not sure I agree whole heartedly on the SSS sound, since babe has two last names,the first one starts with a ‘shh’ sound. But I totally see where you’re coming from. It doesn’t sound bad when I say it together soo I think were ok!!
Thanks for your input this is great keep it coming everyone!!

Hello! :slight_smile: For the sake of this post I’m going to “pretend” that babe’s last name will be “Schadt [name]Ross[/name]” so that I can get a better feel for the names. :slight_smile:

Boy names:
[name]Henry[/name]: I do like [name]Henry[/name], but honestly I prefer the more Dutch spelling, [name]Henrik[/name]!
[name]Arlo[/name]: This is very unique and handsome. [name]Arlo[/name] [name]Henry[/name] Schadt [name]Ross[/name] sounds lovely, in my opinion!
[name]Milo[/name]: I prefer [name]Arlo[/name] to this.
[name]Felix[/name]: I like [name]Feliks[/name], as it looks more complete, but since the last name starts with S I would use the X spelling. I had never seen it spelled this way before :slight_smile: And I think [name]Felix[/name] Schadt [name]Ross[/name] is fine! Not too many S sounds at all.
[name]Lennon[/name]: With a double last name I would avoid any surnames as FNs for babe!
[name]Julian[/name] nn [name]JUDE[/name]: [name]Julian[/name] Schadt [name]Ross[/name] is very handsome :slight_smile:
[name]Atticus[/name]: I don’t like this with your last name, sorry :frowning:
[name]Ezra[/name]: I love [name]Ezra[/name]!

Girl Names:
[name]Olive[/name]: I don’t like [name]Olive[/name] in the American accent but I imagine it sounds very beautiful in a Dutch or Czech accent!
[name]Penelope[/name] ”[name]Poppy[/name]”: I love [name]Penelope[/name], but prefer [name]Penny[/name] as a nickname. [name]Penelope[/name] Schadt [name]Ross[/name] is very sweet!
[name]Ruby[/name]: It is a fine middle name :slight_smile:
[name]Opal[/name]: I love this as a first name (it is my hubby’s birthstone)!
[name]Anneke[/name]/[name]Anika[/name]: I love [name]Anneke[/name], and [name]Anneke[/name] Schadt [name]Ross[/name] is very timeless and beautiful! I think it is perfect!
[name]Thea[/name]: I don’t like [name]Thea[/name], I’m sorry :frowning:
Willemijn: Very pretty!
[name]Adelaide[/name] nn [name]Ada[/name]: I like this almost as much as [name]Anneke[/name], but I still like [name]Anneke[/name] more.
[name]Beatrice[/name]: I don’t like [name]Beatrice[/name], sorry :frowning:

You have some great names to choose from! Keep us updated! :slight_smile:

[quote="[name]Grey[/name]"][name]Henry[/name]: I do like [name]Henry[/name], but honestly I prefer the more Dutch spelling, [name]Henrik[/name]!
quote]
Sorry that I’m not here to answer the original post, but I just wanted to clarify, as this is the name DH wants if our baby is a boy. We can’t seem to figure out if his great-grandpa’s name was [name]Henrik[/name] or [name]Hendrik[/name], but we know he was Dutch, so would it have been [name]Henrik[/name]?? Not sure if I love it myself yet, but it’s growing on me. I would love it on someone else’s child for sure.

Definitely [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Annika[/name]! [name]Love[/name] those names!

For the boy names, it seems so clear from your comments that you love the name [name]Felix[/name] (since day one, as you said) It seems like you are now overthinking it by tossing around so many other names, which will only end up leaving you confused. Of course there are a million great names out there, but go with your heart! I think you’ll be disappointed if you don’t.

I can’t believe my eyes! My favorite are so similar to yours!

Boy names:
[name]Henry[/name] (likely use henry moreso as a middle name)… I [name]LOVE[/name] henry!
[name]Arlo[/name]…very nice just not my favorite
[name]Milo[/name]… Is my younger sons name, so I am quite partial.
[name]Felix[/name] (like other spellings for this, such as [name]FELIKS[/name]-the european spelling, this name has been my fave since day one and has grown on dada to be)… feliks has been a long time favorite of mine but I think in addition to milo and oliver(what I had planned on naming our first son) would be too many cartoon cats.
[name]Lennon[/name] (but i despise nn [name]Len[/name] or [name]Lenny[/name])… I also love, and hate [name]Lenny[/name], as it reminds me of “Of Mice and Men”
[name]Julian[/name] nn [name]JUDE[/name]… I prefer the [name]Julien[/name] spelling but think it is a great name.
[name]Atticus[/name]… Is great
[name]Ezra[/name]… too biblical for me, but has a nice sound.

Girl Names:
[name]Olive[/name] (love this name, so vintage, old and classic but yet cute! dadda to be thinks it may sound too jewish?? not that theres anything wrong with that but we like to stay away from anything too hebrew, biblical, etc)… Is in my top three for girls, it is so cute yet I think it will age well.
[name]Penelope[/name] ”poppy”…I have been considering using this but woth nn [name]Penny[/name].
[name]Ruby[/name] (more likely use as a middle name… A litle too popular where I live but a great choice.
[name]Opal[/name] (more likely use it as a middle name)…I don’t care much for [name]Opal[/name] although I can’t say why…
[name]Anneke[/name]/[name]Anika[/name]: [name]Anneke[/name] has been our #1 choice until now when im starting to rethink it, eeek! our family loves [name]Anneke[/name] as well and its very dutch… And the other two top names on my list for girls are [name]Anneke[/name] and [name]Thea[/name].
Willemijn (for a middle name)… very pretty
[name]Adelaide[/name] nn [name]Ada[/name] (new to our list!)… Another favorite of mine, so sophisticated sounding.
[name]Beatrice[/name] (new to our list)… not a name I really like at all because of an aunt.

My favorites from you list are;

1. [name]Thea[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]

2. [name]Anneke[/name] Willemijn

3. [name]Olive[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]

4. [name]Feliks[/name] [name]Lennon[/name]

5. [name]Milo[/name] [name]Henry[/name]

6. [name]Julian[/name] ?

I like

[name]Arlo[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Milo[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Julian[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name] [name]Julian[/name]

[name]Olive[/name] Willemjn
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]

Great names. Here’s combinations I like in the order i like them :wink:
[name]Hope[/name] it helps!

Boy names:
[name]Atticus[/name] [name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Milo[/name] [name]Lennon[/name]
[name]Feliks[/name] [name]Ezra[/name]

Girl Names:
[name]Thea[/name] Willemijn
[name]Olive[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]

great thanks everyone;

LATELY: I am thinking for girl:
[name]Anneke[/name] (OHN-NE-KEH not KA) [name]June[/name]
[name]Anneke[/name] Willemijn

boy:
[name]Milo[/name] [name]George[/name]

[name]Feliks[/name] [name]George[/name] or [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]George[/name]

[quote=“clearthearea83”]great thanks everyone;

LATELY: I am thinking for girl:
[name]Anneke[/name] (OHN-NE-KEH not KA) [name]June[/name]
[name]Anneke[/name] Willemijn

[name]Love[/name] both of the above

boy:
[name]Milo[/name] [name]George[/name]

[name]Love[/name] the [name]Milo[/name] combos so much

[name]Feliks[/name] [name]George[/name] or [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]George[/name] - love this one the most

[name]Susan[/name]- thanks! i think i really like [name]Felix[/name] [name]George[/name] as well.
by keeping my last name and the baby having my last name i may be able to carry it on! my grandpa-[name]George[/name]- would be proud :slight_smile: