Looking for ideas

I am looking for a boy’s name that fits in with his older three siblings - [name]Samuel[/name], [name]Madeline[/name], and [name]Bryce[/name].

I like more complex names, where my wife likes simpler more common names.

My top 3 right now are [name]Jack[/name], [name]Zane[/name], and [name]Clark[/name] ([name]Clark[/name] is not a favorite of the wife).

Hit me with ideas.

It would help if I knew your wife’s ideas. Plus I’ve got to say that referring to your wife as “the wife” sets my teeth on edge and makes my creativity go right down the drain! It’s like calling her “the car” or “the dog”.
:frowning:

[name]Samuel[/name], [name]Madeline[/name], and [name]Bryce[/name]. [name]LOVE[/name] all the names so far… [name]Jack[/name] immediately came to mind it just flows well. Also what about…

[name]Owen[/name], [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Henry[/name]( I like [name]Hank[/name] for short),[name]Leo[/name], [name]Everett[/name], [name]Miles[/name], [name]Pierce[/name],[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Gabriel/name,[name]Zachery[/name], [name]Jude[/name]??

Well, I wouldn’t call any of your top 3 names ([name]Jack[/name], [name]Bryce[/name], [name]Clark[/name]) particularly complex, so I’m not really sure what style you mean. But here’s some in any case:

[name]Abel[/name]
[name]Abram[/name]
[name]Cedric[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Jesse[/name]
[name]Lewis[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]William[/name]

Sorry [name]Susan[/name], did not mean to offend you :]

My spouse/wife/SO/beloved likes [name]Jack[/name] as well. It seems to be the name we keep coming back to, especially since it flows well with the other three.

C (My wife) likes [name]James[/name], [name]Andrew[/name], [name]Anthony[/name], and [name]Alexander[/name]. I like [name]Anthony[/name] as a middle name but am not crazy about [name]Andrew[/name] or [name]Alexander[/name]. I also think an A name would have an alliteration problem with the “and” right before it. (will be last child). I also would like to not repeat starting letters from our names, so C, R, M, S, and B names are out. F as well since our last name starts with F (also is French and has three syllables, though I do like [name]Felix[/name])

I listed those three that I like because they pass they are three that we agree on together. I am looking for some more ideas that are simple but stylish that we can agree on.

I like [name]Henry[/name] ([name]Hank[/name] - added bonus of family name), [name]Owen[/name], and [name]Thomas[/name] - those are three good choices.

Other more complex/unusual names I like are [name]Thaddeus[/name] ([name]Tad[/name]), [name]Dash[/name], [name]Caius[/name], and [name]Patton[/name].

[name]Caius[/name] doesn’t really flow well with the other three though. [name]Patton[/name] would have the unfortunate ([name]IMO[/name]) nickname possibility of [name]Pat[/name] (No offense to any [name]Pat[/name]'s out there)

Let me know if these clarifications help.

Sorry [name]Susan[/name], did not mean to offend you :]
That’s okay, just didn’t want to come up with name ideas while I gritted my teeth!

My spouse/wife/SO/beloved likes [name]Jack[/name] as well. It seems to be the name we keep coming back to, especially since it flows well with the other three.

I love the name [name]Jack[/name]. It is a great nn for [name]John[/name]. My fave middle name with [name]John[/name] is [name]Maxwell[/name]. [name]John[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name] nn [name]Jack[/name] or even [name]Max[/name]. He would have great choices. Warning: [name]Jack[/name] is very popular though. So is [name]Max[/name], and btw, so is [name]Henry[/name].

C (My wife) likes [name]James[/name], [name]Andrew[/name], [name]Anthony[/name], and [name]Alexander[/name]. I like [name]Anthony[/name] as a middle name but am not crazy about [name]Andrew[/name] or [name]Alexander[/name]. I also think an A name would have an alliteration problem with the “and” right before it. (will be last child). I also would like to not repeat starting letters from our names, so C, R, M, S, and B names are out. F as well since our last name starts with F (also is French and has three syllables, though I do like [name]Felix[/name])

I love the name [name]James[/name]. [name]Anthony[/name] is not so upwardly mobile right now. But often these names that seem kind of low-life suddenly shift upward and become really trendy. In the last twenty or so years that happened with both [name]William[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name]. [name]Anthony[/name] is a favorite of mine because I just love [name]Jeannie[/name]'s master [name]Tony[/name] on “I [name]Dream[/name] of [name]Jeannie[/name]”. [name]Andrew[/name] is one of my fave names, but it has been so popular that it’s getting tired. I would stay away from [name]Alexander[/name]-way too popular! If you’re going to use it, nn him [name]Zander[/name]. I don’t really like [name]Felix[/name], but a lot of the posters like it. I prefer [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Lionel[/name], [name]Miles[/name], [name]Vincent[/name], or [name]Laszlo[/name] for my hipster names.

I listed those three that I like because they pass they are three that we agree on together. I am looking for some more ideas that are simple but stylish that we can agree on.

I like [name]Henry[/name] ([name]Hank[/name] - added bonus of family name), [name]Owen[/name], and [name]Thomas[/name] - those are three good choices.

[name]Thomas[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] are two of my very favorite names! [name]Owen[/name] is a good choice, but it’s very popular. If you love it, use it.

Other more complex/unusual names I like are:
[name]Thaddeus[/name] ([name]Tad[/name]) - I love [name]Theodore[/name] nn [name]Ted[/name]
[name]Dash[/name] - great as a nn for [name]Dashiell[/name]. [name]Dashiell[/name] is extremely popular on Nameberry!
[name]Caius[/name] - I don’t like this at all, sorry! Maybe you would like [name]Cash[/name].
[name]Patton[/name] - this makes me think of [name]General[/name] [name]Patton[/name], and I don’t like wars.

I think you love really masculine no-nonsense names. For example, I think you would love [name]Cole[/name], but not [name]Jasper[/name] or [name]Oliver[/name]. Am I right?

Maybe you would like:
[name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name] - one of my faves.
[name]Cole[/name]
[name]Clive[/name]
[name]Duke[/name]
[name]Finn[/name], a nn for [name]Finnigan[/name] - yeah [name]Finnigan[/name] is pretty flowery, but you can’t beat the nn [name]Finn[/name].
[name]Frank[/name] - I would think you would love this, and it’s very fashionable right now.
[name]George[/name] - one of my favorites!
[name]Isaac[/name] nn [name]Ike[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name] nn [name]Joe[/name]
[name]Marek[/name] - [name]Mark[/name] is out of style
[name]Peter[/name] - great alternative to [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Philip[/name] - ditto!
[name]Timothy[/name] nn [name]Tim[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name] nn [name]Vin[/name] (very cool!)
[name]Wyatt[/name] - careful, it is pretty trendy. But I really like it!
[name]Zane[/name]

I like [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Thomas[/name] & [name]Thaddeus[/name] :slight_smile:

Other suggestions
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Leopold[/name]
[name]Willoughby[/name]
[name]Jedidiah[/name]
[name]Octavius[/name]
[name]Oswald[/name]

ps I knew a sibset [name]Aaron[/name], [name]Bryce[/name] & [name]Stuart[/name]

[name]Paul[/name],[name]James[/name],[name]Rodney[/name],[name]Gregory[/name],[name]Myles[/name],[name]Dylan[/name],[name]Michael[/name],[name]Mitchell[/name],[name]Daniel[/name],[name]Patrick[/name],[name]Dexter[/name],[name]Tyler[/name],[name]Skylar[/name],[name]Frederick[/name],[name]Timothy[/name],[name]Willow[/name],[name]William[/name],[name]River[/name]

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Aggie[/name]. Of the three names you listed in your original post, I, too, like [name]Jack[/name] best. Of [name]James[/name], [name]Andrew[/name], [name]Anthony[/name], and [name]Alexander[/name], [name]James[/name] and [name]Andrew[/name] are my favorites. I like [name]Alexander[/name], too, but it’s one of those “middle name names” for me. That said, you don’t want an A name, so [name]James[/name] it is!

Without using a C, R, M, S, B, or F:

[name]August[/name] (it’s an A name, but you can call him [name]Gus[/name])
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Edward[/name], nn [name]Teddy[/name]/[name]Ted[/name]/[name]Ned[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name], nn [name]Gabe[/name]
[name]Hugh[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Quinlan[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] (nn [name]Teddy[/name] or [name]Theo[/name])
[name]Xavier[/name]

I like [name]Henry[/name] ([name]Hank[/name] - added bonus of family name), [name]Owen[/name], and [name]Thomas[/name] - I absolutely love [name]Henry[/name] (how lucky you are to have it as a family name!), [name]Owen[/name], and [name]Thomas[/name]. I like [name]Henry[/name] the best (well, it’s tied with [name]Owen[/name]). :slight_smile:

Other more complex/unusual names I like are [name]Thaddeus[/name] ([name]Tad[/name]), [name]Dash[/name], [name]Caius[/name], and [name]Patton[/name]: I agree with [name]Susan[/name] on each of these names.

Best wishes to you, your wife, and your little ones, [name]Aggie[/name]! :slight_smile:

P.S. I normally check previous posts so as to not repeat names, but there were just too many names to keep track of here! I apologize to everyone for repeats.