Looking for opinions - and suggestions.

hello, everyone. I’m new to nameberry. [name_m]Just[/name_m] joined because a friend of mine had help choosing her kids names here and thought you could be a lot of help for my dilemma. I’m having a baby girl in june and I’m still not certain of her name. Well, I am, but I dont want her to be born just to then have someone pointing out something about her name that isn’t right when it is already too late. [name_m]Trust[/name_m] me, my mum did that, it isnt fun. So, I come to you for two things! First I’d love some opinions on our first name and surname together, second, I’d love some middle name suggestions.
The first name we chose was [name_f]Anya[/name_f]. I means gracious and melody/rhythm and we love it. Our last name is [name_m]Hunt[/name_m], which I find pretty lovely actually (growing up with a difficult name makes you really appreciate when you marry into a simple one) but also pretty strong since [name_m]Hunt[/name_m] is a strong word itself, so we wanted a sweet name but that could stand on it’s own as well. But, now, middle names… Are a bit complicated. We dont want it to have wny weird sounds we didnt notice when said all together, we dont want it to be too much but also not too little.
Here are a few we considered. [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] H., [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] H., [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] H., [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] H., [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] H.

I’d love to stray a bit from the Common [name_f]Louise[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] though. I love them, but maybe a bit too common. My favourite name after [name_f]Anya[/name_f] is [name_f]Ella[/name_f]. But [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Ella[/name_f] just doesnt work so I’m open to suggestions.

Other names I came to like recently were: [name_f]Millie[/name_f], [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], [name_u]Rhian[/name_u], [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f].

Thank you SO much in advance.

xx S.

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] is so sweet! And I absolutely love [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]. The name goes perfectly well with your surname, and I can’t think of any negative associations whatsoever. [name_f]Anya[/name_f] is fairly unheard of in the US (at least, where I live), so I don’t think you’ll find many (if any) who will think badly of it. It is certainly a great choice for all the reasons you mentioned! :slight_smile:

If you’re not 100% sold on any of those middles, here are a couple I’d recommend:
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Millicent[/name_f] – might appeal if you like [name_f]Millie[/name_f]; as soft, sweet, and vintage as [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] – a bit more spunky than [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Louise[/name_f], but with the similar sounds that might appeal
But [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] still might be my favorite…

A few others based on the names you like:
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Clarimond[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this could help! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] is a lovely choice, and it works well with your last name too. I like [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] from your list. Also loving [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] a lot, but with one syllable last name I prefer something a bit longer.

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] H.
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] H.
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] H.
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] H.
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] H.
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] H.
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] H.
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] H.
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] H.

I love [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]!

I don’t want this to put you off a name you adore, but in all honesty with [name_m]Hunt[/name_m] being a verb… [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m] does make me think a bit of “on your hunt” or “on the hunt”

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is lovely! I would go with that :slight_smile:

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] is gorgeous!

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] is a lovely choice :slight_smile:

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Camille[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Beth[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f]

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is gorgeous! That would be my pick. I think you have found a great name.

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] is lovely!

Honestly [name_f]Anya[/name_f] is such a sweet poetic sounding name with a well rounded international flair. I think [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m] is beautiful in love with this name : ) I am a massive fan of [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and all her variants including [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f].

So I would stick with [name_f]Anya[/name_f] it’s summery sounding feels happy & spunky perfect name Especially with the surname [name_m]Hunt[/name_m]. [name_m]Even[/name_m] if you get negative comments from family or whatever I would not change. Also people always have something to say so just ignore any negativity!

Some other middle name suggestions:
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m]

In all honestly though I think you’ve found the perfect name with [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m].

Hopefully this helps!

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] would be my choice from your ideas so far :slight_smile: other suggestions …

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Constance[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Coralie[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Darcie[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]

X

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] is lovely. From your middle name options there are 2 I like and think work well: [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]. With the short surname I would probably choose [name_f]Victoria[/name_f].
[name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Louise[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] are very expected as middles, [name_f]Elise[/name_f] is rather bland and doesn’t add anything. I dislike [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]. [name_f]Millie[/name_f], [name_u]Rhian[/name_u] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] are all good names but don’t work well with [name_f]Anya[/name_f].
I like suggestions of [name_f]Camille[/name_f], [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f], [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Primrose[/name_f], [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f].
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Lucienne[/name_f]

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I love [name_f]Anya[/name_f]! It’s the perfect amount of sweetness, boldness & a little bit mysterious. I kind of think with a one syllable last name, a three or four syllable mn sounds best. [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is perfect.

Here are a few other suggestions-(sorry for any repeats)

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Cecily[/name_f]

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Camille[/name_f]

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f]

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Eloisa[/name_f]

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u]

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f]

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Mirabella[/name_f]

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Miriam[/name_f]-my fave!

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Sofia[/name_f]

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Theodora[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

I really like [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] and pp’s suggestion of [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Sofia[/name_f]/[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] (I never hear [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] as a middle name)! Perhaps you’d also like the name [name_f]Annika[/name_f].

I feel like [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] might be my favourite too. It’s just one I don’t see around as often either! Thank you so much!

Thank you so much! I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] but [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] might sound a bit too repetitive. I love [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] too! Thank you very very much

It does make sense, thank you!

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Rhoswen[/name_f] sounds nice (I think so anyway :D).

I’ve heard it means ‘rose’ and I thought that as you said you liked [name_f]Rose[/name_f] it might be worth the suggestion. I’ve never hear of anyone named [name_f]Rhoswen[/name_f] so I wouldn’t say it’s common but it still sticks to the same kind of meaning.

Good luck with name hunting, hope this helps. xx :slight_smile:

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] is my favorite, too. Strong and pretty at once.

I vote for [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] or [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]. Both are lovely.

What about …
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Bethany[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_u]Delaney[/name_u]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Gillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_u]Hillary[/name_u]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_u]Tegan[/name_u]

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m] is a very nice pairing, well done.

I like [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m]. In general, for a MN, given the -a ending of [name_f]Anya[/name_f], I would suggest going with [name_m]French[/name_m]/English versions ending in an -e or -ie instead of Italian/Latinate versions ending in an -a.

• [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m] (instead of [name_f]Clara[/name_f])
  • [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Valerie[/name_f] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m] (instead of [name_f]Valeria[/name_f])
  • [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m] (instead of [name_f]Louisa[/name_f])
  • [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m]
  • [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Melanie[/name_f] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m]
  • [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m]
  • [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m]

If you like short name word middle names (like [name_f]Rose[/name_f]):

• [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m]
  • [name_f]Anya[/name_f] Sagely [name_m]Hunt[/name_m]
  • [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m]

If you like the Greek naming trend going on:

• [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m]
  • [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m]
  • [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m]