Looking for opinions (Good or Bad!) on the name WILFRED

My surname is Watts

My grandad is called [name]Wilfred[/name] - and I also love the meaning of the name

Is this a cute name for a little one but also a name that he could grow into?

I also love the name [name]Willoughby[/name] - so any opinions on that are also welcome!

xxxx thanks xxxxx

I’m still trying to separate the name from [name]Wilford[/name] Brimley and Quaker Oats, but I do think it could be cool. I was thinking about [name]Willoughby[/name] the night you brought it up, and while I think it’s really interesting, [name]Willoughby[/name] Watts sounds pretty feminine. Hmm…

If you don’t go with [name]Wilfred[/name] (what a sweet way to honor your grandpa), what about
[name]William[/name] [name]Alfred[/name] Watts, which gives you the [name]Will[/name] and the [name]Fred[/name]?

I love the alliteration, Dinks!

Thanks [name]Jill[/name] - I love reading your well thought out and interesting answers - you have such good ideas! x x x

There’s a bizarre internet meme featuring [name]Wilford[/name] Brimley and “the beetis” which is all I can think of, unfortunately. I suppose if I met someone with a similar name that I would get over it, though; that usually does the trick. It’s got potential with the “[name]Will[/name]” and “[name]Fred[/name]” sound for good nicknames, and I must say I would prefer it to a made-up-sounding boy’s name.

I think I must avoid the ‘[name]Wilford[/name]’ thing as I am in Australia and I had never heard of him. I googled him though and just got a big bushy moustache! lol x x

[name]Love[/name] [name]Jill[/name]'s suggestion of [name]William[/name] [name]Alfred[/name]