Looking for "softer" boy names ideas!

I’m expecting boy #2 this summer. My son’s name is [name]Brody[/name], which I looooove and here aren’t any other boy names that sound as sweet to me as [name]Brody[/name]. :slight_smile: I like names that are softer and end in a Y. To make it harder, I don’t want to use a name that’s in our large family, or belongs to a former.classmate, friend etc…

I like the name [name]Brady[/name] jut hubby says its way too close to [name]Brody[/name]. I like [name]Abel[/name] but he’s not digging it. I like [name]Remy[/name], which is a strong French man’s name, but.he think it’s girly. We both like [name]Rowan[/name], but I don’t know if it’s soft enough for me.

Any suggestions?

I love [name]Brody[/name]! I’m personally considering it myself. It’s so sweet and I picture the cutest little boy with that name! What’s his MN? [name]Just[/name] to avoid repeats? I think it’d help with suggesting names that fit your style, as well. Before I read your post I had several ideas for “soft” boys names but now that I read your thread, all I can think of are my own favorite boys’ names (which I’ve always thought had a softer feel to them, too)–like [name]Asher[/name]/[name]Ashton[/name], [name]Everett[/name], [name]Caleb[/name], [name]Jack[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Bailey[/name], [name]Avery[/name] (maybe some of these are too unisex for you, haha), [name]Harper[/name], [name]Addison[/name], [name]Leo[/name], [name]Josiah[/name], [name]Noah[/name], [name]Calvin[/name], [name]Boone[/name], [name]Lincoln[/name], [name]Grayson[/name]/[name]Gray[/name], [name]Zane[/name], [name]Linus[/name], [name]Daniel[/name], [name]Silas[/name], [name]Elias[/name], etc.–do any of those appeal to you?

Other ideas I think I had (haha, I can’t remember them all!):
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Cole[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]/[name]Reese[/name]/[name]Reece[/name]
[name]Adam[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Micah[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]

Some of them might have harder sounds in them, but I think they all have a more soft side to them that aren’t quite so rough-and-tumble like [name]Carter[/name], [name]Gunnar[/name], or [name]Shane[/name], if that makes sense. I really like the ideas of [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Remy[/name] for you! Maybe [name]Owen[/name] or [name]Oscar[/name] might be softer than [name]Rowan[/name]? Or even [name]Bowen[/name]? [name]Brody[/name] and [name]Bowen[/name] might be too close, though.

Good luck!

I love all the names you mentioned. The first that came to mind was [name]Noah[/name], but I’m not sure if that’s your style. Here are others you may like (sorry for any repeats).

I hope this helps:

[name]Aaron[/name]
[name]Abner[/name]
[name]Abraham[/name] nn [name]Bram[/name]
[name]Adam[/name]
[name]Amos[/name]
[name]Asa[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Austin[/name]
[name]Beau[/name]
[name]Brennan[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Colby[/name]
[name]Crew/name
[name]Damon[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Desmond[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name]
[name]Eamon[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Franklin[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Hugh[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Joel[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name]
[name]Joshua[/name]
[name]Josiah[/name]
[name]Josiah[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Landon[/name]
[name]Lane[/name]
[name]Leland[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Leon[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Louis[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Micah[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Paul[/name]
[name]Percy[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name] nn [name]Finn[/name]
[name]Quentin[/name]
[name]Rafferty[/name]
[name]Raphael[/name]
[name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Reid[/name]/[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Reuben[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Seamus[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Shiloh[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Soren[/name]
[name]Stellan[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name] nn [name]Sully[/name]
[name]Thayer[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] nn [name]Theo[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name]
[name]Tully[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]
[name]Wesley[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Wylie[/name]/[name]Wiley[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]

:smiley:

I really like the name [name]Brody[/name], it sounds familiar but also different at the same time. [name]Brody[/name] & [name]Rowan[/name] nn Row would be a cute set(Row to me softens [name]Rowan[/name]). Some other Suggestions I can think of:

[name]Keir[/name]
[name]Justus[/name]
[name]Marcel[/name]
[name]Keanu[/name]
[name]Cove[/name]
[name]Llewellyn[/name]
[name]Dewey[/name]
Dierdrich
[name]Gray[/name]/[name]Grey[/name]
Colden
[name]Farley[/name]
[name]Frey[/name]
[name]Imre[/name]
[name]Aubrey[/name]
[name]Shia[/name]
Clearie
[name]Keiran[/name]
[name]Leif[/name]
[name]Wiley[/name]
[name]Carlisle[/name]
[name]Loren[/name]
[name]Dempsey[/name]
[name]Fabian[/name]
[name]Nigel[/name]
[name]Niles[/name]
[name]North[/name]
[name]Sage[/name]
[name]Emery[/name]
[name]West[/name]
[name]Hart[/name]
[name]Shiloh[/name]
[name]Ashton[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Wynn/name
[name]Lyle[/name]
[name]Hamish[/name]
[name]Kyle[/name]
[name]Uriah[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] these help! I didn’t look thoroughly through the other list so sorry for any repeats!

I think most of my suggestions have already been given here – my first thought was [name]Levi[/name]; it’s a soft but interesting name. There is also [name]Felix[/name], [name]Seth[/name], [name]Silas[/name], [name]Elias[/name] (nn [name]Eli[/name]), [name]Samuel[/name], Revere, [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Hugh[/name], [name]Matthias[/name], [name]Joseph[/name], [name]Laurence[/name].

If you’re looking for something similar to [name]Remy[/name] as an alternative, maybe [name]Roman[/name] or [name]Romain[/name]?

I love [name]Remy[/name]! It’s very masculine to me which is why I don’t like it on girls, maybe you would like another French name (I think outside of france these are generally viewed as softer) so maybe [name]Julien[/name] or [name]Thierry[/name]?

I love [name]Remy[/name], I don’t see it as feminine at all, I think it is totally masculine but do think it is a softer boys name so I would go with [name]Remy[/name]! Good luck!

[name]Crosby[/name]
[name]Dawson[/name]
[name]Chance[/name]
[name]Brooks[/name]

[name]How[/name] about [name]Avery[/name]?