Looong list of names must be shortened! Help.

[name]Hi[/name]!
Siblings are [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Sullivan[/name] and [name]Violet[/name], so I want something that’ll match with those. I’ve had to axe a few names I really like ([name]Lilac[/name], [name]Lavender[/name], [name]Hazel[/name], [name]Opal[/name], [name]Pearl[/name]…) because I don’t want too many nature names in one family, but now I’m struggling!
At the moment, I like [name]Matilda[/name] or [name]Delilah[/name] the best, but I’m not really feeling any of the nicknames (I could cope with [name]Mattie[/name] and [name]Lila[/name], I guess) I feel like I’ve reached a bit of a dead end though, and any contributions would be much appreciated!

[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] (nn Sephy?)
[name]Edie[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name] (v popular here in the UK, though :frowning: )
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Leonie[/name]
[name]Ottilie[/name]
[name]Thalia[/name]
[name]Nessa[/name]
[name]Luna[/name]

Out of your list I think [name]Delilah[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name] go best with your sibset :slight_smile: out of the two, I prefer [name]Lucy[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] there :slight_smile:

I’m in the UK too! And yes [name]Olivia[/name] is epidemically popular here :S I love your children’s names and I think you have lots of other great options on the list though!

[name]Matilda[/name] - I love this especially with the nn [name]Tilly[/name] or [name]Tilda[/name]. [name]Mattie[/name] is cute too and I’ve heard people use [name]Maddie[/name] for [name]Mathilda[/name] (although you may want to avoid that one with all the [name]Madeleine[/name] and [name]Madison[/name]'s around!) - You may also like [name]Madeleine[/name], [name]Martha[/name], [name]Mabel[/name], [name]Amabel[/name], [name]Margot[/name] or [name]Mara[/name]

[name]Delilah[/name] - this is another one of my personal favourites (like most of the names on your list!) I love the nn [name]Lilah[/name] too :slight_smile: I kind of feel like it sort of rhymes with [name]Violet[/name] though - it’s the “lilah” and “violet” bits that share a lot of the same sounds. And [name]Lilah[/name] would be close to [name]Ella[/name] too. You may also like [name]Adele[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Delyth[/name], [name]Lilia[/name], [name]Lelia[/name] or [name]Lola[/name].

[name]Tabitha[/name] - I love [name]Tabitha[/name] - [name]Tibby[/name] is a cute nn :slight_smile: It always reminds me of the little girl in Bewitched :slight_smile: You may also like [name]Bridget[/name], [name]Constance[/name], [name]Alba[/name], [name]Catherin[/name], [name]Ruth[/name], [name]Athena[/name], [name]Blythe[/name], [name]Elspeth[/name] or [name]Tanith[/name].

[name]Eliza[/name] - this is nice but not my fav, and it’d seem strange to me if 2 of your girls shared initials (not just initials but the same [name]El[/name] sound) but not the other. You may also like [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Bethan[/name], [name]Elsa[/name], [name]Aliza[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Elodie[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Evelyn[/name], [name]Evelina[/name] or Isola.

[name]Josephine[/name] (nn Sephy?) - I love [name]Josephine[/name] and definitely think Sephy could work, although personally I prefer [name]Josie[/name]. You may also like, [name]Joanna[/name], [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Sophie[/name], [name]Sapphira[/name], [name]Julia[/name], [name]Jemima[/name], [name]Juliette[/name], [name]Jane[/name], [name]Jacinta[/name], [name]June[/name] or [name]Jessamine[/name].

[name]Edie[/name] - (see [name]Eliza[/name]) plus I prefer [name]Edith[/name] nn [name]Edie[/name] if I’m honest. You may also like [name]Eden[/name], [name]Enid[/name], [name]Meredith[/name], [name]Vida[/name], [name]Frieda[/name], [name]Theda[/name], [name]Claudia[/name], [name]Zadie[/name] or [name]Sadie[/name].

[name]Olivia[/name] (v popular here in the UK, though :frowning: ) - I wouldn’t use it but it depends how much popularity bothers you. You may also like [name]Olive[/name], [name]Livia[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Liv[/name], [name]Livana[/name], [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Vivien[/name], [name]Vivienne[/name] or [name]Viviana[/name].

[name]Lucy[/name] - I’ve never been a huge fan of [name]Lucy[/name], to me it’s a little plain but it is cute on a child. I just never think it ages that well. You may also like [name]Lucia[/name], [name]Luciana[/name], [name]Talullah[/name], [name]Cyra[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Poppy[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Anna[/name], [name]Harriet[/name], [name]Kate[/name], [name]Louisa[/name], [name]May[/name] or [name]Frances[/name].

[name]Leonie[/name] - I love [name]Leonie[/name], in the UK though there’s also the [name]Leona[/name] association to contend with, which may or may not bother you. You may also like [name]Sophie[/name], [name]Claudie[/name], [name]Sylvie[/name], [name]Natalia[/name], [name]Leola[/name], [name]Leona[/name], [name]Cleona[/name], [name]Cleo[/name], [name]Tierney[/name], [name]Coralie[/name] or [name]Sidonie[/name].

[name]Ottilie[/name] - I haven’t heard this before - I like it, but it would unfotunately always remind me of Otter! And it doesn’t match the style of [name]Ella[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] to me. You may also like, [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Octavia[/name], [name]Odette[/name], [name]Oriana[/name] or [name]Ondine[/name].

[name]Thalia[/name] - i adore this name, my cousin has a little girl with this name and it’s very sweet but also ages well. You may also like [name]Thea[/name], [name]Tessa[/name], [name]Tess[/name], [name]Theresa[/name], [name]Thessaly[/name], [name]Esther[/name], [name]Tanith[/name], [name]Natalia[/name], [name]Julia[/name], [name]Lilia[/name], [name]Cecilia[/name], [name]Aurelia[/name], [name]Amalia[/name], [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Celia[/name], [name]Dahlia[/name] or [name]Rosalia[/name].

[name]Nessa[/name] - speaking of [name]Tessa[/name], hehe. [name]Nessa[/name] would be hugely associated with [name]Gavin[/name] and [name]Stacey[/name] in the UK! [name]Just[/name] to warn you if it’s not a show you watch. Google it, and it’s probably not an association you would want your daughter to have really! You may get people saying “what’s occuring” whenever ou mention yoyur daughters name :S lol. You may also like [name]Nesta[/name], [name]Nadia[/name], [name]Nina[/name], [name]Nora[/name], [name]Nola[/name], [name]Agnes[/name], [name]Neva[/name], [name]Jessa[/name], [name]Louisa[/name], [name]Saskia[/name], [name]Rosa[/name], [name]Elsa[/name], [name]Tessa[/name], [name]Rosanna[/name], [name]Sanaa[/name], [name]Susannah[/name], [name]Clarissa[/name], [name]Ailsa[/name] or [name]Anissa[/name].

[name]Luna[/name] - I like this name and I see the appeal but for me personally it always reminds me of Lunatic. I can’t see [name]Luna[/name] without ending it with “atic” in my head :S This won’t be something most people think of though so it could be a lovely option for you, I’m just odd! Lol. You may also like [name]Louise[/name], Loisa, [name]Anna[/name], [name]Cara[/name], [name]Lana[/name], [name]Nina[/name], [name]Helena[/name], [name]Lena[/name], [name]Ariana[/name], [name]Diana[/name], [name]Serena[/name], [name]Dana[/name], [name]Gina[/name], [name]Oona[/name]/[name]Una[/name], [name]Tana[/name], [name]Anona[/name] and [name]Nona[/name].

My favourite of your choices to go with your other children would be:

[name]Jasper[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Sullivan[/name], [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Thalia[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Sullivan[/name], [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Sullivan[/name], [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Tabitha[/name]

Best of luck!

I love Matilida & [name]Tabitha[/name]!

[name]Matilda[/name]- this isn’t my favorite.
[name]Delilah[/name]- I like this. I love the nn [name]Lila[/name]. I might just go with [name]Lila[/name] as the name.
[name]Tabitha[/name]- I don’t care for this.
[name]Eliza[/name]- i [name]LOVE[/name] this!
[name]Josephine[/name] (nn Sephy?)- I like the nickname [name]Josie[/name] better, and I like [name]Josephina[/name] better than [name]Josephine[/name].
[name]Edie[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name] this! You could consider using [name]Edith[/name] or [name]Eden[/name] (both of which I love) as a full name and [name]Edie[/name] as a nn.
[name]Olivia[/name]- gorgeous, but you’re right- it is way too popular.
[name]Lucy[/name]- [name]Love[/name] this.
[name]Leonie[/name]- not my taste.
[name]Ottilie[/name]- [name]Love[/name] this too!
[name]Thalia[/name]- I do like this.
[name]Nessa[/name]- This looks weird to me. [name]Vanessa[/name]?
[name]Luna[/name]- not my taste.

with your kids names I love [name]Lila[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Edie[/name], [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Ottilie[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Matilda[/name] - [name]Matilda[/name] is lovely, and I think it’s perfect with [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Sullivan[/name] and [name]Violet[/name]!
[name]Delilah[/name] - I think that [name]Delilah[/name] works well with your children’s names…
[name]Tabitha[/name] - [name]Tabitha[/name] isn’t a favorite of mine, but I see the appeal.
[name]Eliza[/name] - I like [name]Eliza[/name], and it fits stylistically with your children’s names. However, it’s too close to [name]Ella[/name] for me…
[name]Josephine[/name] (nn Sephy?) - I like [name]Josephine[/name], but I’m not really sure about it with [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Sullivan[/name], and [name]Violet[/name].
[name]Edie[/name] - Cute, but a bit too nicknamey for me…
[name]Olivia[/name] (v popular here in the UK, though) - The popularity would probably turn me off, personally, though it’s a lovely name (it’s popular for a reason!)… What about [name]Olive[/name]?
[name]Lucy[/name] - [name]Lucy[/name] is very sweet, and it fits with [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Sullivan[/name] and [name]Violet[/name].
[name]Leonie[/name] - For me, [name]Leonie[/name] is a bit too unusual next to your kid’s names.
[name]Ottilie[/name] - See [name]Leonie[/name]…
[name]Thalia[/name] - [name]Thalia[/name] is pretty, too, but it feels slightly different stylistically next to your kids’ names…
[name]Nessa[/name] - [name]Nessa[/name] seems too nicknamey for me…
[name]Luna[/name] - I think that [name]Luna[/name] works well with the names of your children…

These are my favorites with [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Sullivan[/name], and [name]Violet[/name]:
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Luna[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for all your help!! Especially @ljandrl for such an incredibly detailed reply, I may even print it! I’m definitely adding [name]Tanith[/name], along with many other suggestions, to the list :smiley:
If anybody reads this, what do you think of [name]Rowena[/name] and [name]Hermione[/name]? Can they transcend the HP association?

[name]Matilda[/name]-I like it, and its most definitely not boring.
[name]Delilah[/name]-Its not my favourite.
[name]Tabitha[/name]-[name]Love[/name] the nn [name]Tabi[/name]/[name]Tabby[/name]! [name]Tabitha[/name] is very cute too.
[name]Eliza[/name]-I like [name]Elise[/name], which is kinda similar, so yeah of course.
[name]Josephine[/name] (nn Sephy?)-I like [name]Josephine[/name], but I like [name]Josi[/name] and [name]Joey[/name] for nicknames.
[name]Edie[/name]-Not a fan.
[name]Olivia[/name] (v popular here in the UK, though )-This was going to be my sisters name, and yes I love it more than what my sisters going to be named when she arrives which is [name]Sariah[/name]. [name]Olivia[/name] is beautiful and if you love it so much you should use it, but yes it is really popular. What about [name]Alivia[/name]?
[name]Lucy[/name]-[name]Lucille[/name], nn [name]Lucy[/name] would be better.
[name]Leonie[/name]-Not a fan
[name]Ottilie[/name]-Not a fan
[name]Thalia[/name]-I like [name]Taliah[/name].
[name]Nessa[/name]-I love it. I like it better than [name]Vanessa[/name].
Lunakoora-Never heard of it, but hate it.

I love [name]Nessa[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name] from your list.

I really love [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Sullivan[/name], [name]Violet[/name]! All have a soft, slightly vintage feel, however they are also all trendy and hip!

[name]Matilda[/name] - Although I could see this with [name]Violet[/name] on its own, it feels a bit too heavy for the sibset as a whole. However, I love [name]Mattie[/name] and [name]Tilly[/name] as nicknames!
[name]Delilah[/name] - I find it doesn’t have the same vintage feel, though it would still fit into the sibset - just giving it a different feel as a whole. Some other nicknames you could use are [name]Del[/name] and [name]Lilly[/name] :slight_smile:
[name]Tabitha[/name] - Hmm, also a bit heavy for the other names.
[name]Eliza[/name] - I love this, however [name]Ella[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] are a bit too close for me.
[name]Josephine[/name] (nn Sephy?) - [name]Josephine[/name] is perfect! I think this is darling with [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Sullivan[/name] and [name]Violet[/name], as long as you don’t mind two J names. Sephy isn’t my favourite nickname for [name]Josephine[/name], but I do love [name]Posy[/name]!
[name]Edie[/name] - I would prefer [name]Eden[/name] with your names, as [name]Edie[/name] feels very nicknamey.
[name]Olivia[/name] - Great with your names, if you don’t mind popularity…!
[name]Lucy[/name] - Oh! Utterly perfect for this sibset to me! I could also see [name]Lucienne[/name] nn [name]Lucy[/name].
[name]Leonie[/name] - Hmm, it doesn’t really have the same feel as the rest of the set.
[name]Ottilie[/name] - I’ve never known how to pronounce this… and I’m not sure I love it.
[name]Thalia[/name] - Gorgeous, really! However, with your other soft, vintage names, I can’t see it.
[name]Nessa[/name] - I’m on the fence with this! It could work, I think.
[name]Luna[/name] - Oh! Such a great name! Perfect!

So, if I were you, I would use either [name]Josephine[/name] nn [name]Posy[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Nessa[/name], or [name]Luna[/name]. I love [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Delilah[/name], [name]Nessa[/name] [name]Josephine[/name], or [name]Luna[/name] [name]Delilah[/name].

Goodluck!

Bounce :slight_smile: