Loren

What are your thoughts on [name_u]Loren[/name_u] with the nickname [name_m]Lars[/name_m]?
I think we might have found a compromise to his dislike of [name_m]Lars[/name_m], my favorite name for 20+ years. [name_u]Loren[/name_u] is the name of his great uncle and we know 2 [name_u]Loren[/name_u]’s at our former church where we were married. [name_m]Lars[/name_m] is the Scandinavian variation of [name_u]Loren[/name_u] so it kind of honors his swedish heritage, though he most likely won’t be calling him [name_m]Lars[/name_m] lol. I also love [name_u]Loren[/name_u] next to our already top boy’s name [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] :blue_heart:

I like it, and it sound like a great compromise for both of you!

1 Like

Lard definitely isn’t an intuitive nickname, but after you explained it it made sense. [name_u]Loren[/name_u] nn [name_m]Lars[/name_m] is nice!

I love [name_u]Loren[/name_u] on a boy! I wouldn’t have expected [name_m]Lars[/name_m] as a nickname, but it works well, especially since it’s the Scandanavian variant.

Loren is gorgeous and I think [name_m]Lars[/name_m] is a wonderful nickname!

I actually really like it!
Is it pronounced like Søren?

1 Like

Yes. Its the masculine spelling for [name_f]Lauren[/name_f]

very sweet and definitely works!!

Loren nn [name_m]Lars[/name_m] is unexpected and different. I like it

I love [name_m]Lars[/name_m]. I have known men named [name_u]Loren[/name_u] so im used to it as a unisex. I prefer [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] but [name_u]Loren[/name_u] nn [name_m]Lars[/name_m] is really cool.

I agree, it’s great!

It’s great! I love [name_u]Loren[/name_u] for a boy (also [name_u]Laurin[/name_u], [name_m]Laurent[/name_m], [name_u]Laurie[/name_u], [name_m]Larus[/name_m]… I love this family of names!)

Although [name_m]Lars[/name_m] isn’t perhaps an intuitive nickname for [name_u]Loren[/name_u] unless you know the background to it, it’s not so crazy that it doesn’t work, and it’s a really nice compromise to allow you to use your favourite name without forcing your unwilling partner to put it on the BC!

Not my style, but definitely a very sweet name. I wasn’t sold on [name_m]Lars[/name_m] as nickname until you explained that its a variation, so it makes a great compromise!