Losing my love for the name ezra

hi, berries!

I used to be positively obsessed with the name, ‘Ezra.’ now, i am not sure why, but i have lost a bit of the obsession. i am unsure whether to expect my affection for this name to grow again. any suggestions for a name i might come to love in its place?

thank you!

1 Like

[name_m]Eben[/name_m]. Old-fashioned [name_u]New[/name_u] [name_u]England[/name_u] version of [name_m]Ebenezer[/name_m], has the beginning short e sound. I went to school with an [name_m]Eben[/name_m], and then there’s literary Ebens, from [name_m]Eugene[/name_m] O’Neill’s play [name_u]Desire[/name_u] Under the Elms to the magical realism of [name_u]Robert[/name_u] Nathan’s Portrait of [name_f]Jennie[/name_f] to [name_u]Robert[/name_u] Jordan’s fantasy series.

3 Likes

Your love might come back - sometimes it does, sometimes not. Keep it on the backburner for a while, see what happens.

Some names that remind me of Ezra…

[name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_m]Ozias[/name_m]
Evan/Evander
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_u]Toby[/name_u]
[name_u]Ari[/name_u]
[name_u]Beckett[/name_u]
[name_u]Jesse[/name_u]
[name_m]Nevan[/name_m]
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_m]Marlon[/name_m]
[name_u]Colby[/name_u]
[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]
[name_u]Frankie[/name_u]
[name_u]Remy[/name_u]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]

Same thing happen to me with ezra a few time ago but I cant help but love it!! Maybe the same thing [name_u]Will[/name_u] happen for you, if Not I think the above users suggestions are amazing

Judah
Elliot
Isaac
Leon
Titus
Philip
Oliver
Finn
Asher
Reuben
Bennet
Merritt
Owen
Leo
Wyatt

It’s sad when that happens.

I would suggest you ask yourself what was it about [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] you loved?

I like it because it is old and Biblical and it has a z sound in it. I LOVE z sounds.

So I might like other old names with a z sound like [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Dalziel[/name_m], [name_m]Denzel[/name_m], [name_m]Zinedine[/name_m], [name_m]Dresden[/name_m], which I do.

It would help me suggest names to you if I knew why you used to love [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] so much.

[name_m]Ezio[/name_m]!

[name_m]Enzo[/name_m]?

How about [name_u]Elias[/name_u], [name_m]Elio[/name_m], or simply [name_u]Eli[/name_u]? I also love the suggestions of [name_m]Enzo[/name_m], [name_u]Jude[/name_u]. [name_u]Jules[/name_u] and [name_m]Silas[/name_m] give me similar vibes.

The same thing happened to me and my love for it never quite came back. Mostly because I’ve since met two little Ezra’s and, while they’re both very sweet, I can’t picture it on my own son anymore!

[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] reminds me of [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] and [name_u]Asa[/name_u].