losing my mind!

We are about going crazy here! DD is [name]Isla[/name] [name]Hope[/name], nearly a year old and we are pg with #2 due in [name]August[/name]. If we have a boy (which I doubt) he will be [name]Grant[/name] [name]William[/name]. We have having such a hard time with girl’s names though!!

We thought [name]Brynn[/name] for a while, then decided it was too. . .harsh? There’s no nn for it (not that it needs a nn, but I feel like I would want something cutesy/pet name to call her and all I could come up with is [name]Brynn[/name]-y and that’s dumb)

So I sort of liked [name]Bree[/name], but not as a full name, just as a nn. So we talked about [name]Aubrey[/name], nn [name]Bree[/name]. Well. . .we used to like [name]Audrey[/name] but ruled it out b/c its too popular. Come to find out [name]Aubrey[/name] is actually MORE popular than [name]Audrey[/name], and if you add the 2 names popularity together, there are going to be a crapload of girls named [name]Audrey[/name]/[name]Aubrey[/name].

A friend suggested [name]Abree[/name] and I kind of like it but dh says no way.

Another friend suggested [name]Soleil[/name] and several other friends enthusiastically agreed, but I just can’t pronounce it easily (Sole-A) it doesn’t roll off the tongue. Also, our named starts with Sh, so we had kind of ruled out S names so it doesn’t sound like you have a lisp when you say it.

The only name dh & I both like right now that isn’t in the top 50 is [name]Hazel[/name] (which is actually #60 in [name]Vermont[/name], where I live, but in the 300s in the rest of the country). We both like it, but I’m not, like, head over heels about it like I am with [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Grant[/name].

Other names I like that dh has ruled out:
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Maren[/name]/ [name]Marina[/name]

Names he likes that I don’t:
[name]Willa[/name]
um I forget the others! lol shows how much I pay attention to his suggestions:)

Can you help??? My ideal, perfect name would be:

• feminine, but not frilly
  • not starting with the letter S
  • not in the top 50, really don’t even want top 100 or even 200 but beggars can’t be choosers!
  • different, but not wacky. Possibly a bit exotic or foreign since [name]Isla[/name] is a Scottish name.
  • preferably not 2 syllables and ending with A - this isn’t a absolute rule, but most names in that description sound too much like [name]Isla[/name]

wow I guess I wrote a novel! [name]Do[/name] your magic, please??

[name]Marielle[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Adriana[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]

If you like [name]Bree[/name] as a nn what about [name]Brianna[/name] for a full name. Or maybe you could get away with [name]Bryony[/name]. I would have also suggested [name]Sabrina[/name] but you don’t want an S first name. [name]Aubriana[/name] maybe?

Feminine but not frilly:
[name]Melissa[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Tanya[/name]
[name]Cassandra[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Bethany[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Alicia[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]

Names that go with [name]Isla[/name]:

[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Adalie[/name]
[name]Fionna[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name]/[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Elsie[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]

For the nn [name]Bri[/name]:

[name]Gabrielle[/name]
[name]Carbry[/name]
[name]Briona[/name]
[name]Sabrina[/name]
[name]Brisa[/name]

WDYT of [name]Aislinn[/name]/[name]Aislin[/name]? (pronounced [name]ASHlin[/name].

Well I liked [name]Esme[/name] from above…
[name]Isla[/name] and [name]Esme[/name], I can totally see that!

Phew that’s allot to remember lets see here’s some names and sugestions for nicknames if you want them:
[name]Isla[/name] and…
[name]Payson[/name]- Pay
Naimh or [name]Neve[/name] (pronounced n-eve)- not really and nn’s i can think of…
[name]Quinn[/name] (or even [name]Quincey[/name])- [name]Quinn[/name] is the nickname for quincy and quinn doesn’t really need a nn…
[name]Maeve[/name]- [name]May[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]- Flyss
[name]June[/name]-[name]Junie[/name]…?
[name]Naomi[/name]-[name]Emmy[/name]
[name]Macy[/name]- [name]May[/name] (also)
I checked a few top 100 name lists and here’s the results:
one list says quinn’s in the top 100 and the other says naomi’s number 188…
I know you said no S names but [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Sadie[/name] are so cute together!
To make sure the names sound good together try: These are my daughters [name]Isla[/name] and…

[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Bronwen[/name]/[name]Bronwyn[/name] (reminds me of [name]Brynn[/name])
[name]Clementine[/name] (nn [name]Cleo[/name]…then again, [name]Clementine[/name] has [name]Isla[/name]'s long I sound, which may or may not bother you)
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Elspeth[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] (nn [name]Evie[/name])
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Mirabel[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Mariana[/name] (close to [name]Marin[/name])
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] (nn [name]Nell[/name] or [name]Poppy[/name])
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name] (nn [name]Vera[/name])
[name]Winifred[/name]

Sorry for repeats! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

[name]How[/name] about [name]Brea[/name] (pronounced [name]Bree[/name]-uh) nn [name]Bree[/name]?

But if you love [name]Aubrey[/name] I would use it regardless of its popularity if the child is going to go by [name]Bree[/name] anyway!

Here are some other non-[name]Bree[/name] names you may like…
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Jade[/name]

Its cute but too Twlilight for me:)

well that’s the thing, I never LOVED [name]Aubrey[/name], was just kinda talking myself into it. I feel like it sounds kind of snobby

[name]Just[/name] found this post. Was going to put my vote in for [name]Brea[/name] :slight_smile:
If I read right though you should have already had the baby eh? What did you name him/her??

Okay, let’s see. I have to add that I really love [name]Hazel[/name] - I think it’s super adorable. On another note, my older sister’s name is [name]Bree[/name]… and I think it suits her extremely well. Br”gh is the original Irish spelling of [name]Bree[/name], and it gives it a little more… “something”, if you will. Not a big fan of [name]Abree[/name]. I like [name]Soleil[/name], and it reminds me of [name]Eulalie[/name]. And then…

My Suggestions:
Briseis (nicknamed [name]Bri[/name]/[name]Bree[/name])
[name]Florence[/name]
[name]Briar[/name]
[name]Brid[/name] (pronounced ‘breed’, like… oh! [name]Brighid[/name]!)
[name]Brigid[/name] (pronounced ‘breed’.)
[name]Bride[/name]/y
[name]Peony[/name]
[name]Bridie[/name]
[name]Ottoline[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Brigette[/name]/ [name]Brigitte[/name]
[name]Briony[/name]
[name]Brinhilde[/name]/ [name]Brinhilda[/name]/[name]Brinhild[/name]
Cl”oph”e (instead of [name]Cleo[/name]. Pronounced [name]CLAY[/name]-o-fay, Clee-o-fay and, for the French, KLEH-o-fay.)
[name]Clio[/name]/ Kleio (instead of [name]Cleo[/name]. Pronounced just like [name]Cleo[/name].)
[name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Antonia[/name]
[name]Iolanthe[/name]
[name]Ursuline[/name]/ [name]Ursula[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Hester[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Rowena[/name]
[name]Domitille[/name]
[name]Flavie[/name]/ [name]Flavia[/name]
[name]Mathilde[/name]
[name]Morwenna[/name]
[name]Johanna[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]
[name]Britanja[/name]
[name]Breda[/name]
[name]Bedelia[/name]
[name]Breeze[/name]
[name]Breena[/name]
[name]Neith[/name]
[name]Nell[/name]
[name]Emilie[/name]/ [name]Emilia[/name]/ [name]Emiliana[/name]
[name]Saskia[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]/ [name]Cecile[/name]/ [name]Cecilia[/name]
Csilla (CHEEL-law.)
Fjola (pronounced like [name]Viola[/name], but with a ‘F’ at the first.)
[name]Annabelle[/name]/ [name]Annabel[/name]
Iseabeau
[name]Beitris[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Branwen[/name]
Morgause
[name]Oriana[/name]
[name]Zipporah[/name]
[name]Ysabel[/name]
[name]Eleni[/name]
Fionnuir (fe-noor).