Lost is an understatement...

See the results of this poll: Nora/h Poet cute or incomplete?

Respondents: 45 (This poll is closed)

• Cute combo : 27 (60%)
  • Feels choppy and incomplete: 18 (40%)

Aw I feel for you!

You have 2 beautiful names though!
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] is so sweet! I prefer the shorter [name_f]Nora[/name_f] spelling but that is personal preference. [name_u]Love[/name_u] poet and it makes such a sweet middle name. im not sure the 2 names together flow very well… It’s not a deal breaker but I’d personally test out a few new middles with [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and a few first names with [name_u]Poet[/name_u].

Are there any other names you’re leaning towards or have on your list?

I understand what you mean. [name_f]Nora/name_f [name_u]Poet[/name_u] is cute and has a certain charm to it, but it does sound choppy. If your last name were really long, it would work, but 2-2-2 syllables is also lacking a rhythm. I like the idea of giving a more common first name with an unexpected middle.

[name_f]Lenora[/name_f] [name_u]Poet[/name_u] nn [name_f]Nora[/name_f] might give it that extra bit of oomph.

If you’re set with [name_f]Norah[/name_f] as the first (darling choice!) then I think a 3-syllable first name would work well. Here are some ideas that have the same feel as [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_u]Poet[/name_u] but with a better flow:

[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Allegra[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Capucine[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Celestine[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Clarion[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_u]Domino[/name_u]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Jubilee[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Holiday[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Melody[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Minerva[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Rhapsody[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] Talulah
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Valentina[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Verity[/name_f]

I find [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_u]Poet[/name_u] just gorgeous!

I think it is very sweet - not too short! It has a quick, cool ring to it. I prefer the spelling [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_u]Poet[/name_u] :slight_smile:

I think it’s nice. I think the combo looks more balanced with [name_f]Norah[/name_f] than [name_f]Nora[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Norah[/name_f]!! I do not like [name_u]Poet[/name_u]. That being said, I don’t think it sounds choppy. If you love poet, I think it flows well. If I were having a little [name_f]Norah[/name_f], I would use:

[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Camille[/name_f]

I prefer [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_u]Poet[/name_u]. It’s short and spunky, not necessarily incomplete. You could always try a double middle to help with flow:

[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_u]Poet[/name_u]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_u]Poet[/name_u]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_u]Poet[/name_u]

…something along those lines with a three-syllable name in the middle might help.

I think [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_u]Poet[/name_u], although I prefer [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]Poet[/name_u], is very sweet and spunky. Beautiful combo.

I think [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]Poet[/name_u] is charming! ([name_m]Don[/name_m]'t like [name_f]Norah[/name_f] with the h)

The only thing I noticed is that all three names are two syllables. I don’t know if that’s an issue or not… [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]Poet[/name_u] Leeber. Well, I think it works anyway. I can’t get over [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]Poet[/name_u]! It’s so soft and pretty yet sounds intelligent, too.

I think it is adorable!

[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]Poet[/name_u] is not my usual style at all, yet I find it delightful, dreamy but grounded! Congratulations! :slight_smile: