Lottie for Claudia

This works in my mid-Atlantic US accent, but I’m wondering how it sounds to others? For reference I pronounce “cot” and “caught” the same, and [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] the same as Loddy. I would say Laudie nearly the same way, but it’s less appealing to me. If you think it doesn’t work, I’d be curious where you are from.

1 Like

I think [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] is super cute but would pronounce it like lot in a lot.

2 Likes

Laudie and [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] would sound the same for me too so I think this is super cute!

With my pronunciation they’re very different, but if they’re same in yours then I can’t see why it wouldn’t work.

They’re practically the same in my accent, too, so I think it works!

They’re completely different in my accent, but given my guess of how they sound in yours, it sweet and definitely works!

I think it’s perfectly fine.

I was a [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] when I was little. I can give you a voice audio of how I say it? [name_f]My[/name_f] full name is [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]

Lottie definitely works for [name_f]Claudia[/name_f] in my book. [name_f]Claudia[/name_f] is so underrated and [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] is nearly equally so. They are darling together.

West coast native, now Midwesterner.

I think it definitely works sound wise!

I love this idea! It totally works (my accent is similar)

It totally works in my accent. I think it’s very cute!

With my pronunciation, they’re very different, but if it works in yours, go for it

I think it’s adorable!! It wouldn’t necessarily be intuitive in my accent but I like it, especially if it works for you!

It totally works in my American accent, too. I think it’s cute :slight_smile: