Lou Sulola

[name]Heidi[/name] Klum and [name]Seal[/name] had their daughter last night! What do you think of her name?

I have never heard either of these names, but it has a very musical, easy flow! I think it is a beautiful name for a girl who will undoubtedly grow up to be very beautiful herself!

Sorry! Her name is actually [name]LOU[/name] [name]Sulola[/name] - the source I read had a misprint!

[name]Lou[/name] is definitely more common than Luo, but somehow I was impressed with the exoticness (not a word…) of it!

[name]Love[/name] this name didnt know that they picked a second name. I think [name]Lou[/name] with nn [name]Lulu[/name] is cute, but [name]Ive[/name] always associated [name]Lou[/name] as an old persons name or male. [name]Ive[/name] never heard of [name]Sulola[/name] before but it sounds like an interesting alternative to [name]Lola[/name] wonder where that came from.

[name]Amaryllis[/name], I think you can use the [name]Edit[/name] feature to change the subject heading of your thread from “Luo [name]Sulola[/name]” to [name]Lou[/name] [name]Sulola[/name]."

I was interested in the meaning of the name [name]Sulola[/name], but couldn’t find anything on the [name]Web[/name] other than that it appears to be used in Nigeria mostly as a surname. Considering that the father is of Nigerian ancestry, I guess we can presume he chose the name?

– [name]Nephele[/name]

[name]Nephele[/name],

Thank you for letting me know about the edit option! I didn’t know it worked on the post title as well! I learn something new every day! :slight_smile:

I think that it’s one of my favorite celebrity baby’s name [name]EVER[/name]!! I’m impressed by the parents who chose an amazing name for their little girl. The reason I like it is probably because I am French and in [name]France[/name] the name [name]LOU[/name] is used as a girl’s first name and isn’t just a nickname. It doesn’t stand for ‘[name]Louise[/name]’ or ‘[name]Louisa[/name]’ or even ‘[name]Louis[/name]’ for boys, it is just [name]LOU[/name]! Actually I’ve always wanted to call my son that but it’s only used for girls in [name]France[/name]. CONGRATS SAMUELS!

All their children have interesting names…some they made up…(Dashtu)

[name]Henry[/name] [name]Gunther[/name] Ademola Dashtu
[name]Johan[/name] [name]Riley[/name] [name]Fyodor[/name] Taiwo

Then there’s [name]Leni[/name] :stuck_out_tongue: Some sites say her real name is [name]Helene[/name], but I’ve never heard that.

Her name is [name]Helene[/name], [name]Leni[/name] is just a nn and I’m pretty sure Dashtu is from [name]Seal[/name]'s culture, it’s not made up.

Oh, well I read in a magazine that they used Dashtu, because he was the second… -2. But maybe it was a name that they thought was cute because of both.

And I also looked up [name]Leni[/name] after posting my last and saw that the name was just [name]Leni[/name], after her grandmother. But, I did notice a lot of sites saying it was a nickname. Kind of funny, though, if it was…why would she share the entire name of the three and leave us with a nickname of the first. She’s a fairly open book.

No arguments, just sharing what I’d heard :slight_smile:

Fair enough. Maybe it is just [name]Leni[/name], that would make more sense with [name]Lou[/name] but I always though it was short for [name]Helene[/name]… Oh well. I must say though [name]Lou[/name] is growing on me:)

I think I heard [name]Heidi[/name] say on some talkshow that [name]Leni[/name] is [name]Leni[/name]'s full name.

And here she explains that Dashtu is in fact a made up name:
Klum explains, "He has four names and then his last name. My husband is English, but he is from Nigeria originally and they all have a lot of names. So he has one of [name]Seal[/name]'s names, he has one of my father’s names and then he has a funny name that [name]Seal[/name] really liked and then [name]Samuel[/name].

"Dashtu’s the funny one. It is unusual. It is a dash and two, but we write it out, because [name]Seal[/name] really liked it that [name]Henry[/name] goes after our daughter, [name]LENI[/name].

“It’s kind of like a war term, when the first plane goes, there’s always another plane following and it’s called dash two: ‘[name]Dash[/name] two is on course, dash two is following the first place!’ I thought it was really nice so I went with it.”

i think it’s really cute and beautiful (: