Lou?

Can you think of another way to get to [name]Lou[/name] other than [name]Louise[/name] or [name]Louisa[/name]? My grandma is [name]Louise[/name], nn [name]Lou[/name], and I’d love to pass on her name, but could never bring myself to name a baby [name]Louise[/name]. [name]Louisa[/name] doesn’t really appeal to me but I’m not sure why. Any other suggestions for a first name? I know I could always use [name]Louise[/name] as a middle for a daughter-- that’s what my mom did for me!

The first name that came to mind was [name]Louella[/name] :slight_smile:

You could also do [name]Tallulah[/name]!

I had a friend in high school we called [name]Lou[/name], her name was [name]Luanne[/name]. (I’m not certain on that spelling though.)

Talulah
[name]Lou[/name]
[name]Luella[/name]
[name]Luba[/name]
[name]Bluebell[/name]
[name]Lilou[/name]

[name]How[/name] about [name]Lucy[/name]? Though the spelling doesn’t have “[name]Lou[/name]” in it, it’s got the sound

There’s [name]Elouise[/name], or you could use [name]Lucinda[/name]/[name]Luciana[/name] which gets you to [name]Lu[/name].

[name]Louisette[/name]
[name]Luisina[/name]
Louison

[name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Luna[/name]
Luan
[name]Lucinda[/name]
[name]Lucretia[/name]

You’ve got some great suggestions :slight_smile: my favorites are [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Luna[/name] then maybe [name]Luella[/name]

Some other suggestions…

[name]Alouette[/name]
[name]Malou[/name]
[name]Allura[/name]
[name]Eluned[/name]
[name]Lucero[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Lucienne[/name]
[name]Melusine[/name]

Thanks for your thoughts! I like [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Luna[/name], and surprisingly, [name]Bluebell[/name]! Not sure hubby would approve that one though. : )