Louisa? Helena? Caroline?

[name]Louisa[/name]

I pronounce it with a Z but fear that many will think it’s with an S sound. Maybe it’s not such a big deal? [name]Love[/name] the sound and the literary cred. [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Camille[/name]?

Thanks!

Those are all lovely names, but I like [name]Caroline[/name] best- it’s the one that I would most likely use for my own daughter, and I love the nickname [name]Cara[/name] or even [name]Caro[/name]. [name]Helena[/name] doesn’t really have nicknames and I don’t really like the nickname [name]Lou[/name] or [name]Lulu[/name], which would be a factor for me in the decision. I don’t think [name]Caroline[/name] is boring at all, it’s a true classic with royal ties as well as more down to earth nicknames. Perhaps you could combine some of the names? [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Louisa[/name], [name]Helena[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Helena[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]?

[name]Love[/name] the Names but [name]Caroline[/name] is my Fav an if I was having a Girl thats what I wanted her name to be caroline [name]Grace[/name]! An we love the Name Helinah to was a pick for us to as well but were having a boy good luck with the naming :slight_smile:

Hey there!

I love them all. All would be divine with your kiddos’ names! [name]Louisa[/name] is vintage chic, and much cooler than [name]Louise[/name], I think. [name]Lou[/name] and [name]Lu[/name] and [name]Lulu[/name] and [name]Lula[/name] are fun nicknames. [name]Helena[/name] is sophisticated and lovely, and I think [name]Nell[/name] is a cool “granny nickname” that would just be perfect for you! I say it [Heh-leh-nuh], like [name]Helen[/name] with an A, but I’ve totally seen [name]Helena[/name] with the [[name]LAY[/name]-nuh] pronunciation on blonds and brunettes alike - it’s not at all Spanish or Italian in sound. And [name]Caroline[/name]. She’s gorgeous! One of my personal favorites, and too classy and glam to be boring, for sure. [name]Cara[/name] and [name]Caro[/name] are perfect nicknames, and you’ll get -line way more than [name]Carolyn[/name]'s -lyn, I’m sure.

I’d say [name]Helena[/name] - with the [name]HELEN[/name]+A pronunciation - is my favorite for you. [name]Helena[/name] [name]Camille[/name] is very pretty! But, so is [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Camille[/name] or [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Iris[/name]. [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Camille[/name] isn’t perfect just yet, but she’s my third choice for you, so that’s alright by me. I just love [name]Helena[/name] “[name]Nell[/name]” for you.

[name]Lemon[/name]

[name]Love[/name] all your names! If I absolutely had to pick, I’d say [name]Helena[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Louisa[/name]. But really, they’re all good.

I say [name]Helen[/name]-a, [name]Caro[/name]-line and my [name]Louisa[/name] is a z/sa mix. Weird. I never noticed that before. I have an accent!

I say yes to all of them!

Thanks girls!

Leeeemon :-). Thank you for your response, I always love reading your thoughts on my names.

Ok gals, so what middle do you like best with [name]Caroline[/name]? I love that I get the potentiall nn of CeCe with this one. I also really like [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Iris[/name], [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Dahlia[/name], [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Daphne[/name], and maybe [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Daisy[/name]?

[name]Helen[/name]-a is a great pronunciation, just don’t want to honor a relative of mine that was named [name]Helen[/name], haha. So I’m a bit iffy on it. Helayna is nice too. I think [name]Iris[/name] or [name]Camille[/name] would both be nice.

And I agree, [name]Louisa[/name] is third for me now, it’s no longer a fav.

:slight_smile:

I love [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Camille[/name]! I think it’s perfect with your last name. Cici is adorable, too. And, if you’re worried about potentially honoring [name]Helen[/name], maybe [name]Helena[/name] isn’t your name - I’m so taken with [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Camille[/name], though, I think you’ve already got a winner!

[name]Lemon[/name]

Aw, thanks lemon! I’m really taken by [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Camille[/name] as well ;). Sooo glad u think it sounds ok with my last name. Im not too keen on the other nn’s, like [name]Carly[/name], [name]Carrie[/name], ( cara, caro, and line-a are cute though). But I think [name]Caroline[/name] is one of those names that doesn’t need a nickname and most people by this name go by there full name anyway. I dont think there is a go to nn for this name, kwim? Which is nice. [name]Love[/name] the cici/cece occasional nn option though :wink:

This name doesn’t even make the top 100 where I live. Yay! I’m so sick of super popular names. In my are especially, I feel like I hear the same names over and over again. I think, in my area, the name [name]Caroline[/name] would be refreshing.

I like [name]Camille[/name] as a first name also, especially for the flower reference. But I think I like it best as a middle. [name]Caroline[/name] is more of a WOW type name, to me at least :wink:

Soooo lemon, did ur names change at all?

It sounds like you’ve gotten this all wrapped up, but I had to share that if this little one is a girl she very well may be named [name]Louisa[/name], [name]Helena[/name] or [name]Caroline[/name]. I love your list!

[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Camille[/name] is stunning! I agree with lemon that if there’s a [name]Helen[/name] in the family that you don’t want to honor, then [name]Helena[/name] should probably go off your list. Too bad, but I think you’ve got the perfect name in [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Camille[/name]. I love the subtle tie to your older daughter’s name with the floral reference, and CeCe is too adorable!

Thanks katiebug! That’s so funny that we both have the same three names on our list :). Which pronunciation of [name]Helena[/name] are u thinking about using? Yeah, for me it would be best if I didn’t use it unfortunately. I mean, the name wouldn’t be after her ( grandma on my dads side). But still, it would be kinda weird. And I wouldnt want my parents to feel weird about it. So yea, [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Camille[/name] :slight_smile:

I really agree with you about [name]Caroline[/name]. It’s like [name]Julia[/name] - elegant and classic, but still quite “wow.” I went to school with a [name]Caroline[/name] and babysat for a [name]Caroline[/name] and now I know another [name]Caroline[/name] who just graduated from college. All three are only called [name]Caroline[/name] for the most part - the first one has [name]Caro[/name] on her license plate and the last one jokingly went by C-lion (like sea lion) sometimes.

[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Camille[/name] M. is perfect, but [name]Camille[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] is nice, too. I just prefer the reverse is all! [name]Glad[/name] to know [name]Caroline[/name] isn’t too popular in your area. [name]Robby[/name], [name]Violet[/name], and [name]Caroline[/name] are great. I love [name]Robby[/name], [name]Vi[/name], and Cici, too!

[name]Lemon[/name]

PS Well, I don’t know. I’m really taken with [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Toby[/name], and [name]Clare[/name] or [name]Jude[/name] now. Those are my top two for both genders.

Yay for [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Camille[/name]! On pronunciations, I prefer heh-[name]LAY[/name]-na because that makes my favorites nicknames [name]Lane[/name]/[name]Laney[/name] more intuitive. It also helps me use the name to honor a [name]Helen[/name] and a [name]Lena[/name] in the family tree. Also, DH’s aunt lives in [name]Montana[/name] and [name]Helen[/name]-a is how they pronounce the name of the town in MT, so it strikes me as not a “name” anymore. I don’t have a perfect middle name for [name]Helena[/name] yet but am working on it, maybe [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Madigan[/name] (family names). I pronounce it [name]Caro[/name]-[name]LINE[/name] instead of [name]Caro[/name]-lyn, and that takes it from a ho-hum name to a WOW name, like you said. [name]Caro[/name] and [name]Carly[/name] are my favorite nicknames for [name]Caroline[/name], and my paring is [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Ivy[/name], which is a bit tricky with the repeated long i sounds but it honors my dad and my FIL, so it stays. I pronounce [name]Louisa[/name] with a z sound but I live in an area with a large Spanish-speaking population and wouldn’t be surprised or upset to hear it pronounced with an s sound. I actually think that’s lovlier but it sounds like I’m trying too hard when I say it that way :). My favorite nn with [name]Louisa[/name] is [name]Lola[/name], which I know is supposed to come from [name]Dolores[/name] but I don’t care, and my pairing is [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] to honor my mom and [name]MIL[/name].

Now that I’ve gotten it all figured out, I just need the baby and the hubby to cooperate :slight_smile: I have a feeling one of the two won’t, so I’ll be around searching for inspriation. Best wishes to your family!

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

[name]Lemon[/name]- love ur new additions! [name]Glad[/name] eliza stayed though. One of my friends dd’ s is named gwendolyn nn gwenie and I thought of u! Not sure if u still like it but I thought it was super cute. She’s Irish and has reddish blond hair. [name]Love[/name] saying her name. And [name]Jude[/name] is fantastic. I really like it. Its strong, short, and has a ton of character.

[name]Katie[/name]- louisa with an S does sound nice doesn’t it? [name]Glad[/name] u like it too. Same for me though, it would seem funny for me to use the S at the end. But yeah, not a big deal if others do. Never thought of it that way but it’s true :). I love the Helayna pronunciation also. [name]Helen[/name]-a is nice but s tad bit harsh. Helayna has a prettier sound. If I went with this I think I would also use this pronunciation because it sounds further than [name]Helen[/name]. Great that it’s a family name for u! It is for me too but not a good one. Haha. [name]Caroline[/name] is awesome though. Is it popular where u live? I finally have some good luck with a name I like. Its not popular where I live, it sounds good with my sib set, and I don’t have any negative associations with it! Haha. Finnnallly :slight_smile:

Honestly, I love them all! :slight_smile:

[name]Caroline[/name] is for sure on my list (I don’t have MNs picked out yet, but I love the nn [name]Cara[/name]!), and I lovelovelove [name]Helena[/name], nn [name]Leni[/name]. [name]Louisa[/name] is really sweet, too, and I love the nn [name]Lou[/name]/[name]Lulu[/name].

I think I love [name]Caroline[/name], nn [name]Cara[/name], so much because my grandmother’s name was [name]Ruth[/name], and [name]Ruth[/name] and [name]Cara[/name] mean the same thing. She passed away last [name]November[/name], so it’s quite sentimental to me. I think [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Iris[/name] would be really sweet. I love [name]Daphne[/name], but not really with [name]Caroline[/name].

As for the pronunciation for [name]Helena[/name], I had a friend who had a daughter named [name]Helena[/name] Misheal, but it was pronounced heh-[name]LEE[/name]-nah, so that’s what I’m so used to and grew to love. heh-len-ah is my second favorite, which I think is really sweet, and easily yields the nn [name]Leni[/name] (like [name]Lenny[/name]), which I [name]ADORE[/name] for a girl.

[name]Louisa[/name] I don’t officially have on my list, but [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Camille[/name] used to be on my long list! I think it’s super sweet, and I love the nn [name]Lou[/name] or [name]Lulu[/name]. I know someone else (on another forum) was considering [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Claire[/name] or [name]Claire[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] for her daughter, and I grew to love that. I think [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Claire[/name] would be adorable!

I think [name]Helena[/name] wins it for me, but [name]Helena[/name] [name]Iris[/name] or [name]Helena[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] would be so sweet. I love [name]Robby[/name], [name]Violet[/name], and [name]Helena[/name] together, too!

Ooh [name]Helen[/name]-a nn Lenni is super cute! I like [name]Nell[/name] to and the name in full. Cute idea, thanx!

Sooo. I’m actually coming back to [name]Helena[/name] :). [name]Love[/name] it. And even thigh I had
A grandmother I don’t want to honor it also honors TWO of my
Close relatives that passed. So to me, it wouldn’t honor my other gram
[name]Helen[/name] at all. [name]How[/name] about

[name]Helena[/name] [name]Jane[/name]?

[name]Helena[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]?

[name]Jane[/name] or [name]Juliet[/name] would honor my other grandmother [name]Joan[/name], Whom I love dearly!! :slight_smile:

I don’t get the flower ref in there but no biggie. There is always the flower in the month she is born.

So leaning towards helen-a nn “[name]Nell[/name]”. I just love that combo. Helayna is nice but sounds and awful
Lot like [name]Elena[/name]. Plus, I’m not a huge fan of the nn layne. I worry she might get “[name]Helen[/name]”. But I doubt she would ever want that as a nn.

Soooo. [name]Helena[/name] [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Helena[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]?

I love the name [name]Caroline[/name]. My third daughter’s name is [name]Caroline[/name]( she loves it too) which her sisters turned into Cammaline which turned into her nn [name]Cammie[/name]. Her full name is [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]–named after two great-grandmothers. She loves her middle name so much, she named her daughter [name]Cordelia[/name]. Go for [name]Caroline[/name]–it’s a classic!

I really like them all, but [name]Helena[/name] is my favorite. The nickname, [name]Nell[/name], is just adorable. [name]Helena[/name] has a nice [name]Shakespeare[/name] association too. :slight_smile: I really like [name]Helena[/name] [name]Jane[/name] but I actually prefer [name]Helena[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]. It’s gorgeous.

[name]Caroline[/name] is my favorite of the three! :slight_smile:

Loving [name]Caroline[/name] again too :-). What about [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Jane[/name]? I still
[name]Love[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Camille[/name] though. Hmmm. Any other mn? [name]Caroline[/name] pearl
Maybe?