Louisa vs Louanna

See the results of this poll: Louisa or Louanna

Respondents: 50 (This poll is closed)

• Louisa : 37 (74%)
  • Louanna: 13 (26%)

I’m in the south and I don’t say loo-WEEZ-uh, I say it like you do. I voted for [name]Louisa[/name] because I think it’s beautiful, much more than [name]Louanna[/name], and when I first read [name]Louanna[/name], I thouht it said [name]Louisiana[/name].

Other [name]Lou[/name] names:

[name]Louanne[/name]
[name]Louella[/name]
[name]Louise[/name]
Louvaine
[name]Louvenia[/name]

I am quite sure I’ll be in the minority, but I prefer [name]Louanna[/name]. I like the alternate spellings [name]Luanna[/name] and [name]Luisa[/name] better, though - they look cleaner to me. :slight_smile:

I prefer [name]Louisa[/name] by a mile.

Definitely [name]Louisa[/name] :slight_smile:

My daughter’s name is [name]Louisa[/name], and we don’t say lou-weez-a. (also, we live in Florabama, but we’re not originally from here.) I love [name]Louisa[/name]. I don’t really like [name]Louanna[/name] at all. What about just [name]Louise[/name]?

Thanks, everyone. I guess [name]Louanna[/name] really is more of a guilty pleasure for me. Of course I knew [name]Louisa[/name] would win over [name]Louanna[/name] in a Nameberry poll, but I thought I’d ask anyway.

As for the pronunciation thing, maybe it’s just my family/area? I’m in SE [name]Alabama[/name]. Most of my family comes from rural areas and they all have thick Southern drawls… [name]Mary[/name] becomes “[name]MAY[/name]-ree”, [name]Sarah[/name] becomes “[name]SAY[/name]-ruh”, etc.

[name]Louanna[/name] is very close to [name]Louisiana[/name] to me so I voted for [name]Louisa[/name].

My Grandmother is Czech and named [name]Anna[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]. A great pairing!

I actually like [name]Louanna[/name] and I think it exudes Southern charm, but next to [name]Louisa[/name] I will always vote for [name]Louisa[/name]. For the record, I say [name]Lou[/name]-ee-sa. I cannot stand the WEEZ pronunciation either.

[name]Louanna[/name] for me. I much prefer [name]Louise[/name] to [name]Louisa[/name] but [name]Louanna[/name] is still my favorite. Can’t get much more Southern than that either.

I prefer [name]Louanna[/name], probably because it is my grandmothers name and its so familiar. But for what it’s worth :slight_smile: I have never ever seen the similarity to [name]Louisiana[/name]. [name]Louanna[/name] is much more unique and still very pretty.