Louisa?

Okay, the current front runner for girls (they change by the day right now) is [name]Louisa[/name]. What do you think? What image do you get with this name? Any middle name suggestions?

great name. Classy and not too popular.

I love this name (another that the husband won’t go for) :frowning: I really like [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Paige[/name], [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Natalie[/name], Lousia [name]June[/name] and [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name].

I love, love, [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]! When I hear “[name]Louisa[/name],” I think of elegance, strength, poise, grace, confidence, and class.

[name]Louisa[/name] [name]May[/name] (always the first combination that comes to mind, a la [name]Alcott[/name])
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Maude[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Bess[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]/[name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

[name]Love[/name] it. When I was little the old man next door called me “[name]Melissa[/name] [name]Louise[/name]” (no clue why, it’s not my mn), so [name]Louisa[/name] is a sweet name that warms my heart. :slight_smile:

As for middles, you could really go with anything that doesn’t start with a vowel. Keep it consistent and classic or go wild and exotic!

I love [name]Louisa[/name] and the nickname [name]Lulu[/name].

I think [name]Louisa[/name]'s lovely and I like [name]Lulu[/name] & [name]Ouida[/name] as nicknames.
Some random middles:
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Giselle[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Elaine[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Lily[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Cecile[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Anne[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Helene[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Katharine[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Zoe[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Esme[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Carys[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Valentine[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Allegra[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Primrose[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Amity[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Vianne[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] Celandine

Like I sad, random. [name]Hope[/name] it helps, good [name]Luck[/name]!

Thanks for the suggestions!

I really like [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Kate[/name], [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Pearl[/name], and [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]. Since both [name]Louisa[/name] and my last name are 3 syllables long, I think one syllable middle name might be best, yes?

You could. :slight_smile: My girl has a three syllable first name, a three syllable middle name, another one syllable middle name and a three syllable surname ([name]Josephine[/name] Rosamel [name]Anne[/name] [name]MacK[/name] ____). With a three syllable first and a three syllable surname, you could do a one, two or four syllable middle. Why not make a mouthful, give you something to bite into when she’s in trouble! :slight_smile: And the argument “how will they learn to write all that”? My girl’s 4 and can write her whole name already.

I love [name]Louisa[/name] with [name]Kate[/name], [name]Pearl[/name], and [name]Ruby[/name]! Darling! And I also think a one syllable middle name is a good idea with your circumstances. Oh, but I really love [name]Ruby[/name]. That would be fine, too.

[name]Lola[/name], I have wondered what [name]Josephine[/name]'s full name was…so beautiful! I hear what you’re saying about having something to bite into - in truth, I love [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] as well as some of the shorter middle name combos. :slight_smile:

Does it bother anyone that the first syllables of [name]Louisa[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] rhyme?

I hadn’t noticed that the first syllable of [name]Louisa[/name] & [name]Ruby[/name] rhymed until you pointed it out! Nope, doesn’t bother me at all! (and how adorable would [name]Lulu[/name]-Roo be as a toddler? ) Hey, [name]Lulu[/name]-Roo would be a great name for a line of children’s clothes! :smiley:

I hadn’t noticed that they rhyme either, but I definitely don’t think it’s a problem! And [name]Lulu[/name]-Roo IS adorable! [name]Even[/name] more than children’s clothes, I think it’d be great for a line of toys, it just sounds so playful and fun!

I love [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] (not [name]Katherine[/name] as much-less old fashioned) and [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]. I think that the way Loui- and Ru rhyme is actually a plus. You can think of combinations of names as horses. Some names walk, some trot, and some gallop. For me, Lousia [name]Ruby[/name] is a galloping horse! Hopefully your last name helps it to slow down a bit.

You’ve got some really great choices, and I honestly don’t see how you can go wrong. Each combination has a different feel (and will feel differently for different people).

For me, the same possess the following qualities:

[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]: Very regal, elegant, classic, sophisticated, and proper. Quite the little lady.

[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Kate[/name]: Still classic and sophisticated, but more spunky and down to earth than [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]. It feels more lively and less proper. Elegant but approachable.

[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]: It still feels classic, but pep and spunk have replaced the sophistication. It feels very high-energy and full of life.

For me, the combinations follow a spectrum from serious to cheerful and spunky.

Personally, I’m a [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Kate[/name] person, and while I’m not a [name]Ruby[/name] fan, I do love its combination with [name]Louisa[/name], not only because of the enthusiam and lightness it conveys, but also because of their “ooh” sounds.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]! One of my top choices is [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Katharine[/name] (named after both of our moms)! I’m trying to use the nn’s [name]Elle[/name]/[name]Ella[/name], [name]Lulu[/name] and [name]Lola[/name] to convince hubby!