Louisa

See the results of this poll: Do you like the name Louisa?

Respondents: 24 (This poll is closed)

• yes: 24 (100%)
  • no: 0 (0%)

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Christy[/name]! I voted a huge YES!!! I love [name]Louisa[/name]! I think it’s elegant, warm, and strong, and totally timeless. (I also love the [name]Louisa[/name] [name]May[/name] [name]Alcott[/name] connection.)

Like you, I sometimes hear the “wheeze” sound (but only when I’ve recently seen a rerun episode of “The Jeffersons” on TV [name]Land[/name]…You know, Weezie and all), but I snap out of it when I think of the [name]Lulu[/name] nickname. :slight_smile: When I think about it, while [name]Louise[/name] really highlights the “wheeze,” [name]Louisa[/name] is more of a "luh/loo-WEE-zuh to me.

[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]: I love it!
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Verity[/name]: I think this is pretty, too…
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]: I love [name]Juliet[/name], but not with [name]Juliet[/name]. Something about the flow is off to me, but I can’t put my finger on it.

I’m going to vote for [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]. :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I love the name [name]Louisa[/name]! I’ve always liked it, but recently it’s become one of my favorites! All of your middles are great, but my favorite is [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]. I also really love [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] and [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Caroline[/name].

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Christy[/name]! I voted a huge YES!!! I love [name]Louisa[/name]! I think it’s elegant, warm, and strong, and totally timeless. (I also love the [name]Louisa[/name] [name]May[/name] [name]Alcott[/name] connection.)

Like you, I sometimes hear the “wheeze” sound (but only when I’ve recently seen a rerun episode of “The Jeffersons” on TV [name]Land[/name]…You know, Weezie and all), but I snap out of it when I think of the [name]Lulu[/name] nickname. :slight_smile: When I think about it, while [name]Louise[/name] really highlights the “wheeze,” [name]Louisa[/name] is more of a "luh/loo-WEE-zuh to me.

[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]: I love [name]Juliet[/name], but not with [name]Juliet[/name]. Something about the flow is off to me, but I can’t put my finger on it.

I’m going to vote for [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]. :slight_smile:

Good luck! :-)[/quote]

I agree. [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] just sound a bit off.

Good luck! :-)[/quote]

I agree. [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] just sound a bit off.[/quote]

I think it’s the “ooo” sounds in both names. Hmm…

By the way, I know you figured out what I meant, but just to correct the above and restore some of my IQ points, I meant to say that “I love [name]Juliet[/name], but not with [name]Louisa[/name],” and not “I love [name]Juliet[/name], but not with [name]Juliet[/name].” :slight_smile:

I also love that I rarely (if ever) hear [name]Louisa[/name] on anyone, young or old. I think it’s a wonderful name! :slight_smile:

Take care!

[name]Louisa[/name] is one of my favorite names! If I had a daughter right now, I’d likely give her this name. Irisrose – [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] is one of my favorite combinations too.

[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] - Very nice (although I happen to prefer [name]Catherine[/name]).
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Verity[/name] - Sounds good, but to my ear not as strong as [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Katherine[/name].
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] - I don’t think it’s great, but it’s not awful either. Maybe the problem is the repeated “oo” sound?

My personal favorite combos are [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name], and [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name]. If anyone wants to comment on those, it’d be great. :slight_smile:

For whatever reason, I’m not bothered by the wheeze sound (although I do recall [name]Sara[/name] [name]Louise[/name] being called Wheeze in [name]Jacob[/name] Have I Loved by [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Paterson[/name] – anyone else read that?). I just think [name]Louisa[/name] is a beautiful name!

I love it! We chose it for our last child but had a boy, and as in love with him as I am, I’m still sad I don’t have a little [name]Louisa[/name] too! We had chosen [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]. I like many of the other suggested combinations too.

Some comments on your [name]Louisa[/name] middle names, mneysome (Sorry! I can never get your username spelled right.):

[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] - beautiful. [name]Both[/name] names are great
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] - I don’t like [name]Madeleine[/name] that much, but this one has great flow
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name] - [name]Marguerite[/name] is way underused, and so is [name]Louisa[/name], so these names go well together, but the “oo” sounds in both throws me off.

I think some of the reason I love [name]Louisa[/name] is because it’s classic, but not boring or overused.

Thanks everyone for your insightful comments!

[name]Margaret[/name] is one of my favorite names also! Great combination.

[name]Christy[/name], thanks for your feedback! And the misspelling’s ok, I brought it on myself by choosing such a screen name. :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] this name - timeless, classic. I like [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Katherine[/name], or you could do:

[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]

[name]Love[/name] this name - timeless, classic. I like [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Katherine[/name], or you could do:

[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name][/quote]

I’m not very fond of [name]Grace[/name], especially as a middle name, but [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] is great. Or [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]; I don’t know which I like more. [name]Just[/name] thinking of great combinations . . .