Louise/Louisa -Lucy?

[name]Hi[/name] Ladies.

So as some of you may know, my DH really wants to name a hypothetical third DD after me. He had liked my name long before we met and an added bonus to him is that [name]Lucy[/name] is a family name on my side and there are multiple generations of [name]Lucy[/name]'s in my family tree, which he thinks would be great to pass down.
Here’s the problem. While I don’t hate my name, I’m not comfortable naming my child (hypothetical or not) after myself. I find it pretentious and I’d feel embarrassed introducing myself and my daughter with the same name. Basically, I’m really opposed to the idea but he won’t give up on it and as I pretty much had free reign naming the girls I feel I owe it to him to take his opinion into serious account.

I’ve been dropping hints to him how I think [name]Louise[/name]/[name]Louisa[/name] would honour my side of the family without directly using [name]Lucy[/name]. He’s warming up to the idea, at last.

So my question is, do you think a [name]Louise[/name]/[name]Louisa[/name] could honour a [name]Lucy[/name]? And which do you prefer, [name]Louise[/name] or [name]Louisa[/name]?

Thanks for any replies.

I think sure, it could. But if I’m reading you right, it seems like what your husband most wants is not exactly to honor you (I mean, I’m sure he does, but not specifically in that way) so much as to use this particular name that he loves (that happens to have a great family connection). So I think [name]Louise[/name]/a wouldn’t make either of you quite happy.

I like both [name]Louise[/name] and [name]Louisa[/name] – [name]Louisa[/name] a little more. But you might be better off using [name]Lucy[/name] as a middle name, and calling her by a different first.

I like [name]Louisa[/name] the most and I do think it could help honor that side of the family and you. It has that same Loo sound as [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name] could be a conceivable nickname.

However, I agree with the pp. I think if what your husband wants is to use [name]Lucy[/name] because he loves it and not necessarily to honor you or your family, which happens to be a great bonus, it might make him happier to use [name]Lucy[/name] as a middle name to some other first name.

I love [name]Louisa[/name] and [name]Louise[/name] and I think they could be used to honor many [name]Lucy[/name]'s. Would your husband consider any version of [name]Lucy[/name] - like [name]Lucille[/name], [name]Lucinda[/name], [name]Lucienne[/name] etc…?

I agree with pp. Use [name]Lucy[/name] in the middle.