Louise nn Luna?

[name]Hi[/name], I’m new to Name [name]Berry[/name], my name is [name]Sarah[/name] and I’m having my first baby a lot sooner than planned! (I am 17 years old)

Anyway, i found out last week that i am having a girl, and I’ve been really stumped on girls names. I feel like after all these baby name web sights I’ve heard them all!

I adore the name [name]Luna[/name], so much. I think its perfect, every time i think of me being a mommy i picture calling her [name]Luna[/name].
I really like the name [name]Louise[/name]. You don’t hear it too often, I’m worried its a bit out dated.
What do you think of [name]Louise[/name] nn [name]Luna[/name]??

I’ve narrowed it down to:
[name]Louise[/name] ([name]Luna[/name])
[name]Violetta[/name] ([name]Violet[/name])
[name]Luna[/name]

Thank you :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Sarah[/name],

I love the name [name]Louise[/name] and I think [name]Luna[/name] would be a great nn. What do you think about [name]Louisa[/name] nn [name]Luna[/name]? I also love the name [name]Violet[/name].

Might feel a little more natural if you used [name]Louisa[/name] instead. Plus I think think [name]Louisa[/name] is cooler. There’s no reason not to use [name]Luna[/name] as a first name unless you’re wanting to honor a [name]Louis[/name]/e.

I’m thinking about just going with [name]Luna[/name], i mean its the name i love in the first place.

[name]Luna[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Luna[/name] [name]Violetta[/name]
[name]Luna[/name] [name]Beth[/name] ([name]Beth[/name] is after my mom)
[name]Luna[/name] [name]Bethany[/name]
[name]Luna[/name] Isabelline (isa-bell-een)

Anyone…?

I like [name]Luna[/name] [name]Louise[/name] and [name]Luna[/name] [name]Beth[/name]. You could call [name]Luna[/name] [name]Louise[/name] [name]LuLu[/name] for short, not that you need to or should, just another nn option. I love to name children after relatives/family. I think [name]Luna[/name] [name]Beth[/name] is a great name, you could even add a second middle name if you wanted, [name]Luna[/name] [name]Beth[/name] is short enough. Good luck!!

[name]Even[/name] though I love the name [name]Louise[/name] (it’s my middle name), my vote goes to [name]Luna[/name] [name]Beth[/name]. I think it’s such a beautiful combo!

I think just going with [name]Luna[/name] is a great idea, although it could work to go with [name]Louise[/name] ([name]Louisa[/name]) and use [name]Luna[/name] as your nickname. I think you have a great point here – it [i]is [i]the name you love in the first place – and a great one.

I like the idea of honoring your mom in the mn, and I’m nuts about [name]Luna[/name] [name]Bethany[/name], which just rocks it.

I’m not crazy about [name]Luna[/name] [name]Louise[/name], but I don’t really hate it either. It is okay. I just like your other choices so much better. I’m drawn to [name]Luna[/name] [name]Beth[/name] or [name]Luna[/name] [name]Bethany[/name], not only because they honor your mom, but because I like the flow of sounds.[/i][/i]

[name]Luna[/name] is nice, but I might worry about ‘loony’ or [name]Luna[/name] Lovegood teasing. You could maybe do [name]Louise[/name] [name]Naomi[/name] or [name]Louise[/name] [name]Natalia[/name] to get to [name]Luna[/name]. If not, I think [name]Luna[/name] [name]Bethany[/name] flows best, but I prefer [name]Elizabeth[/name] to honor a [name]Beth[/name]. [name]Luna[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is pretty.

I agree [name]Luna[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] has the best flow of all. [name]Luna[/name] [name]Beth[/name] works too, but not quite as well. I wouldn’t worry about Loony teasing that much. Plus anyone who knows who [name]Luna[/name] Lovegood is knows she’s freaking amazing.

I think [name]Luna[/name] [name]Beth[/name] is nice, but only if baby [name]Luna[/name] has a long last name. [name]Luna[/name] [name]Bethany[/name] has great flow, but [name]Bethany[/name] does feel a little dated to me. [name]Elizabeth[/name] is my favorite way to honor a [name]Beth[/name], too, but [name]Luna[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] has an awkward flow with those back-to-back vowel sounds.

I happen to love the alliteration of [name]Luna[/name] [name]Louise[/name]! And, [name]Lulu[/name] is a cute nickname for Miss [name]Luna[/name]…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I prefer the name [name]Louisa[/name] rather than [name]Louise[/name]. [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Violet[/name] with the nickname [name]Luna[/name].

If you like [name]Luna[/name] best, I would definitely go with that for the first name. [name]Luna[/name] can certainly stand on its own. As far as middle names go, I love [name]Luna[/name] [name]Bethany[/name] to honor your mother. [name]Luna[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] seems to run together when I say it, and [name]Luna[/name] [name]Beth[/name] seems too short, almost like a double-barrel first name which I am not a fan of.

I like [name]Louise[/name]/[name]Louisa[/name], but if you plan on calling her [name]Luna[/name] I think you should just name her [name]Luna[/name]. [name]Luna[/name] is such a cute name!
For middles I like [name]Luna[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] to honor your mother, or [name]Luna[/name] [name]Louise[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are great names with a nice flow.