Love Affair

We are all set on our baby girl’s name, which is due in a few weeks, but recently I have fallen in love with another name - [name]Allegra[/name]. We have no doubt about [name]Sara[/name] [name]Wilhelmina[/name], called [name]Willa[/name], but I can’t stop thinking about [name]Allegra[/name] as a sister to her, or at least a name I adore. I’ve seen it mentioned here a few times recently, and want to know how people feel about the name.

So, what do you all think about the name [name]Allegra[/name]?

I really love [name]Allegra[/name]! :slight_smile: Some people are reminded of the allergy drug by the same name, but I only think of happiness when I hear the name. To me, [name]Allegra[/name] is elegant and whimsical.

(Hello to Miss [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Wilhelmina[/name]…) :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you, [name]Carter[/name]…

Thanks, [name]Jill[/name]! I get the whole allergy affiliation, but I just love it so much. =)

If I could have my way, I’d have a [name]Willa[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Allegra[/name], [name]Maeve[/name] and [name]Henry[/name]. Unfortunately, only [name]Willa[/name], [name]Allegra[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] are on the board.

And yes, baby [name]Willa[/name] is doing well… but I just can’t imagine how much more room she has. If she wants to continue her aerobatics she will have to vacate me soon.

I can’t wait until you are pregnant, [name]Jill[/name]! I’m sure with your baby name knowledge, you already have some picked out, but it will very much interest me to see what the wise [name]Jill[/name] [name]Kimberly[/name] comes up with! =)

Thanks for your input, as always.

I used to think of the allergy medicine until the movie [name]Hitch[/name]… [name]Allegra[/name] [name]Cole[/name]! I always thought the name had a refreshing sound that made it appealing. I like it! :slight_smile:

I hope you and [name]Willa[/name] are doing well!!

Oh my gosh, Zard, that’s totally where I started liking the name, but put it out of my head as I wasn’t pregnant then. But with the recent activity here on Nameberry, I have really grown to love it.

Eh, just curious what the thoughts were.

Thanks for asking, Zard, [name]Willa[/name] and I are well. [name]Hope[/name] Miss [name]Emery[/name] is doing well!!

I’m really excited for you, [name]Carter[/name]! I can’t wait to have my babies (hopefully sooner rather than later), and hope you’ll all still be here!

Ahh!!! My name! It’s like Kryptonite to me. :slight_smile: (I’m weak now…) Blogging about it here was cathartic, but to this day, I’m still shocked that it isn’t [name]Julia[/name]! :slight_smile:

Someday, maybe we’ll have Nameberry reunion, and all of the babies can play together while basking in the glory of their perfect names. :slight_smile:

About [name]Allegra[/name], I first heard it when I was little. I recall a friend telling me that [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Jessica[/name] [name]Parker[/name] had a sister named [name]Allegra[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] (or something along those lines), and I thought it was stunning.

Final random thought: If I wasn’t [name]Jill[/name], I’d use [name]Willa[/name] in a heartbeat!

I love the name [name]Allegra[/name]! It has such a beautiful meaning. I live in the UK so the allergy medicine is irrelevant here!

Another UK resident who has never heard of the allergy medicine …

I love the name - it makes me think of a happy, musical little girl, but would also age well.
[name]Allegra[/name] would make a perfect sister for [name]Sara[/name] [name]Wilhelmina[/name] nn [name]Willa[/name], too (which is a beautiful choice, by the way - you have great taste!).