Love Debby! Not so much Deborah. Help.

Okay all, I [name]LOVE[/name] the nickname [name]Debby[/name]!!! spelled this way! My husband and I both like [name]Deborah[/name] but I’m not in love with it like I am with just [name]Debby[/name]. Could you give me you opinon on the name? I don’t believe names have expiration dates so don’t tell me it’s dated. Thank-you.

I like [name]Debbie[/name] and [name]Deborah[/name] also (feel the same way about some names being ok despite others saying they are dated).

I looked up names beginning with “[name]DEB[/name]” and find there aren’t a lot of options other than forms of [name]Deborah[/name]. It is weird. However, I will attempt to beat everyone to the punch in the usual form of advice for a nickname like [name]Debby[/name]/[name]Debbie[/name] - Name her with First and Middle initials “D.B.” and call her [name]Debbie[/name]. Works well with D names starting with “De” and middle names with a prominent “bee” sound.

For example: [name]Delaney[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] = Deh-[name]Bea[/name], [name]Debby[/name].
[name]Destiny[/name] [name]Bianca[/name], whatever names you can come up with. I am not suggesting these combos in stone or the best names for you to like, just whatever I think off the top of my head to fit the pattern so you get the idea.

Also works with just initials D.B. without the literal sound, but it’s a little farther to stretch, i.e. [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Blythe[/name], etc.

Thank-you! Wonderful idea! I we really love [name]Diane[/name] and B names

[name]Diane[/name] [name]Bridget[/name], [name]Diane[/name] [name]Brooke[/name], [name]Diane[/name] [name]Beverley[/name]. I like nn [name]Annie[/name] but [name]Debbie[/name]/[name]Debby[/name] and [name]Annie[/name] are great! Thanks so much:)

The best part of the middle initial B to get the syllable “bee” is that you can use just the initial like it is without the “bee” sound. B. already sounds like that, so it is wide open. [name]Diane[/name] B. makes as much sense and you don’t feel obligated to shoehorn a “bee” name (like [name]Beatrice[/name] or [name]Bianca[/name]) you don’t like so much just to illustrate literally where the nickname comes from. This goes for all letters that sound out loud like C, D, E, G, T, V, etc.

I was a [name]Deborah[/name] nn [name]Debbie[/name], but I changed my name to [name]Susan[/name]. I loved being called [name]Deborah[/name], but no one would call me that. They all called me [name]Debbie[/name]. I got so tired of being called [name]Debbie[/name]. To me it sounds really babyish. Plus, for some reason, I think I have a bias toward the letter “b”. But I love some names that have “b” in them. Maybe the “d” and “b” together are too many hard sounds for me. The [name]Debby[/name] names were really popular in the late '50’s and early '60’s so I got tired of being one of the pack of Debbies and Debbys. There are even more Susans than Debbies, etc., but I love [name]Susan[/name] because it sounds more serious. When I meet a [name]Debbie[/name] or a [name]Debby[/name], I want to call her [name]Deborah[/name] or [name]Debra[/name], but instead I call her what everyone else is calling her.

I actually love the name [name]Devorah[/name] nn [name]Dev[/name] or [name]Devan[/name]. I think [name]Deborah[/name] nn [name]Debby[/name] is a nice choice because it would be unusual now but still a classic, pretty name!