love some help here!

Ok, so our favorite boys name is [name]Archer[/name]…but our last name is [name]Baker[/name].
Does [name]Archer[/name] [name]Baker[/name] sound bad since they both end in ‘er’?
I dont have long left to decide on a name, and this one is defiantly the one we love, just not sure how the whole name sounds together.
Thanks!

I am sorry to say this but yes I think the flow is not great, a combo of the two syllable names both ending in -er as well as both of the names being occupational names.

[name]Do[/name] you like the nn [name]Archie[/name]? If so you could go with [name]Archibald[/name] [name]Baker[/name], which sounds very nice!

Some other ideas that are not occupation names:

[name]Vance[/name] [name]Baker[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Baker[/name]
[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Baker[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Baker[/name]
[name]Weston[/name] [name]Baker[/name]
[name]Everett[/name] [name]Baker[/name]
[name]Ashton[/name] [name]Baker[/name]
[name]Phillip[/name] [name]Baker[/name]
[name]Garrett[/name] [name]Baker[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Baker[/name]
[name]Forrest[/name] [name]Baker[/name]
[name]Christian[/name] [name]Baker[/name]
[name]Kellan[/name] [name]Baker[/name]
[name]Cullen[/name] [name]Baker[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] [name]Baker[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name] [name]Baker[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Baker[/name] ([name]Dash[/name])
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Baker[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name] [name]Baker[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] [name]Baker[/name]

Any of these float your boat?

I would keep looking; [name]Archer[/name] [name]Baker[/name] doesn’t flow very well, and it’s weird that they’re both nouns.

Who cares if it doesn’t flow perfectly, you are going to use this name forever, name him what you love! Use a more common short middle name to break it up, like [name]Archer[/name] [name]Rex[/name] [name]Baker[/name], or [name]Archer[/name] [name]Cole[/name] [name]Baker[/name].

My last name is extremely similar to yours, and I [name]LOVE[/name] 2 syllable, ends in -er names, too! I’ve pretty much nixed them all. It sucks. A lot of my favorites fall into that category, especially for boys. I think it’s especially not good for boys, because they will have that name for their whole lives, while most girls will get married and change their last name. And while a middle name makes it sound better when all said together, how often is a person called their full name. He would always be [name]Archer[/name] [name]Baker[/name]. I know it’s hard, but you should try to give up on [name]Archer[/name], it’s for the best!

I’m in agreement with the posters who give a thumbs down to [name]Archer[/name] [name]Baker[/name]. (Sorry!) In addtion to the name not flowing well, I don’t think the usage of two occupational names (as [name]Erin[/name] alluded to in her post) is a good idea. It’s rather like naming your son [name]Miller[/name] [name]Baker[/name], [name]Doctor[/name] [name]Baker[/name], or [name]Hunter[/name] [name]Baker[/name].

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

Agreed about the occupational hazard (lol). Also, I immediately thought of [name]Archie[/name] Bunker. Sorry, just being honest.

Thanks people!
I cant believe that I didn’t even notice that they were both occupational names…and I have loved the name [name]Archer[/name] for ages!! The ‘er’ thing still bothers me, and most the boys names we love end in ‘er’. Not like we can change our sir name or anything.
Feeling so sad about this, and also very stressed! [name]Just[/name] cant come up with any names that flow with [name]Baker[/name] that are unique without being plain weird.
[name]Lucas[/name] [name]Baker[/name] was a good suggestion, but this is my hubbys name:)
And who is [name]Archie[/name] Bunker? Never ever heard that name before.
Thanks so much for all your help, we will keep thinking.