Loxley , Knox , Maddox?

Are these names too much?
Could you see a full grown man with these names or if anyone has grown up kids with these names?
I love the ‘x’ sounding names a lot.

I don’t think any of these names is too much. [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] and [name_m]Knox[/name_m] I think have become pretty familiar to most people, I’ve seen multiple little boys named [name_m]Knox[/name_m] recently and at least one announcement of a little [name_m]Maddox[/name_m].
Loxley is the least familiar as a first name but it has everything going for it: L names for boys have been on the up, as well as names containing x’s, and the -ley ending adds familiarity.

Loxley is my personal favorite of these names and the one that I think, while on trend, is the least likely to feel dated later.

[name_m]Maddox[/name_m] comes in second. It’s beginning to stabilize I think which means it’s becoming a well established and not overly trendy name.

And while I understand the increasing popularity of [name_m]Knox[/name_m], it isn’t a name that personally appeals to me.

X names are on trend now; they’ll grow up just fine :slight_smile:

I’ve come across [name_m]Maddox[/name_m], [name_m]Knox[/name_m], [name_u]Onyx[/name_u], [name_u]Dexter[/name_u], [name_m]Axel[/name_m], and [name_m]Huxley[/name_m] (as well as many [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] and [name_m]Xander[/name_m] and [name_m]Jaxon[/name_m] and Braxtons, which feel like different categories of x names) over the last decade in the the public library system. I particularly like [name_m]Huxley[/name_m], it’s handsome and energetic!

The hardest one to imagine on an adult is Loxley. Not sure why, to me it just doesn’t sound as serious as [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] and [name_m]Knox[/name_m]. Not saying that it’s unusable, but it feels a bit too modern, trendy and not well-established enough for me to think of him as anything but a baby or toddler. [name_m]Knox[/name_m] works but the one I like the most is [name_m]Maddox[/name_m].

My favourite “x” boy names and the ones I can very easily imagine on an older man are [name_u]Dexter[/name_u], [name_m]Xander[/name_m], [name_m]Hendrix[/name_m] (though I prefer [name_m]Hendrik[/name_m]) and [name_m]Axel[/name_m]. I also like [name_u]Lennox[/name_u] but I don’t find it as mature-sounding.

They’re not at all too much! Although, I immediately think of [name_f]Angelina[/name_f] [name_f]Jolie[/name_f]'s kids when I hear the names, [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] and [name_m]Knox[/name_m] (especially in the same sentence!). I can see [name_m]Maddox[/name_m] on a man, but I can only see [name_m]Knox[/name_m] on a child, and Loxley sounds like a name I would use on a female collie rather than on a human.

~[name_f]Dylynn[/name_f]