Loxley

What is your opinion of the name Loxley?

I saw it today and it peaked my interest…

What would you pair with it?

Loxley Anne
Loxley June
Loxley Grey

Loxley Blake
Loxley Blaine
Loxley Dax

I prefer it for a boy.
[name_u]Loxley[/name_u] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] and [name_u]Loxley[/name_u] [name_u]June[/name_u] are cute!

1 Like

I changed it to unisex, I should’ve done that to begin with.

1 Like

I love [name_u]Loxley[/name_u]! I prefer it slightly more on a boy, but I think it works for both. [name_u]Loxley[/name_u] [name_u]June[/name_u] is my favorite for the girls. I like [name_u]Loxley[/name_u] [name_u]Blaine[/name_u].

1 Like

I want to love this name because it sounds cool and looks cool, but unfortunately as soon as I saw it all I could think of is lox, like the raw fish people put on bagels, which isn’t a very cute image to be associated with a human being.

4 Likes

Reminds me of [name_u]Robin[/name_u] Hood. [name_u]Robin[/name_u] of Locksley.

3 Likes

Agreed & dislike for same reason.

2 Likes

I hate it sorry it reminds me of the food and while lox are great, I wouldn’t want to be named after fish. If you were to use it, I think it’s better on a girl.

2 Likes

Happily for me, I am unaware of the fish association with lox.
[name_u]Loxley[/name_u] is a beautiful Yorkshire village in the UK! Also, there is a brand of sweets named [name_u]Loxley[/name_u], possibly named after the village…
I really like this name! For me, it leans feminine as I’ve only ever thought of it as a girl’s name, but [name_u]Loxley[/name_u] on a boy would be lovely, now I think of it.

[name_f]Brinkley[/name_f] is also a place name & you may like this too.

2 Likes

I associate it very much with Robin Hood… but specifically Robin Hood from Once Upon A Time? Idk why that is! :joy: Neither good nor bad, really…

1 Like

[name_f]Brinkley[/name_f] is super cute!! I also don’t have the association with fish, only [name_u]Robin[/name_u] Hood. Which I don’t mind. I mean, people name their kids [name_u]Robin[/name_u] right? :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I love [name_u]Robin[/name_u] Hood and once upon a time! It’s one of my favorites :joy: I didn’t even make the connection until it was brought up. I totally forgot.

1 Like

[name_u]Loxley[/name_u] is pretty cool. It has an interesting sound - both sparky and sweet

[name_u]Loxley[/name_u] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] and [name_u]Loxley[/name_u] [name_u]Blake[/name_u] are nice!

Some names I’d pair it…

[name_u]Loxley[/name_u] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_u]Loxley[/name_u] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_u]Loxley[/name_u] [name_f]Juno[/name_f]
[name_u]Loxley[/name_u] [name_f]Mavis[/name_f]

[name_u]Loxley[/name_u] [name_u]Asher[/name_u]
[name_u]Loxley[/name_u] [name_u]Reid[/name_u]
[name_u]Loxley[/name_u] [name_u]Arthur[/name_u]
[name_u]Loxley[/name_u] [name_m]Bram[/name_m]

1 Like