Luca for a girl?

What does everyone think of [name]Luca[/name] for a girl?

I hate it on a girl, but it’s one of my favorite names on boys. If it gets taken over, I might actually cry. I think [name]Lucia[/name] (loo-see-uh or loo-chee-uh- you get a choice!) is so beautiful- USE THAT GIRL PARENTS!

for a long time i thought it was the fem form of luke!! so i quite like it. a fresh choice for those who think lucy is too plain.
not sure if id be able to bring myself to actually use it tho. however it seems too fem to use for a boy.
im actually surprised its a boys name

Please don’t. [name]Luca[/name]/[name]Luka[/name] may sound feminine to our american ears, but in Europe it is hyper masculine and if your child traveled as an adult she would probably be given a hard time.

I can’t get on board for [name]Luca[/name] on a girl. It’s very masculine to me, as I know a number of boys/men named [name]Luca[/name]. It kind of bothers me that people hear a boys name ending in “a” and decide it should be a girls name, when girls are given boys names all the time. I would go with something like [name]Luciana[/name], [name]Lucille[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] or [name]Lucretia[/name] and nickname her [name]Luca[/name], that way she has something more feminine to fall back on.

Sorry … but “I live on the second floor. I live up stairs from you. Guess you haven’t seen me before.”

I can’t even decide if I like the name because of the song. It’s like if someone tabled [name]Sharona[/name]. :slight_smile: