Luca...

Thoughts on this name, or suggestions as what to put with it.

I also am fond of the name [name]Charlee[/name]. My name is [name]Charline[/name] so I kind of want something that stems from my name.

FYI [name]Luca[/name] is a boy’s name in Italian.

Yes, it’s a boy’s name.

I, also, only see it as a boys name.

[name]Just[/name] because it is traditionally a boys name doesnt mean it couldnt be a girls name.

I’m leaning towards [name]Luca[/name] [name]Bella[/name]

Technically, anything could be a girl’s name if you give the name to a girl, but naming your daughter [name]Luca[/name] is like naming her [name]Edward[/name]. It just seems a bit unfair to her to burden her with such a masculine name; she might love it, but she might not. Giving her a name that is more recognizably a girls’ name doesn’t guarantee that she will love her name, but it does prevent her from having to deal with the discomfort of having a boys’ name if that is not her style.

[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Lucia[/name], [name]Lucinda[/name], or [name]Lucille[/name]?
(You could even use [name]Luca[/name] as a nn)

Some other names that have a similar sound:
[name]Erica[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Lilah[/name]
[name]Lola[/name]
[name]Leila[/name]
[name]Drusilla[/name]
[name]Luna[/name]

A lot of us, here on nameberry, tend to be a bit more traditional in name style.

I feel that there are so many gorgeous names out there for girls, I get a little sad at the thought of saddling a girl with a “boy” name. Of course, you can do as you choose but we are here to give you our honest opinions. If I was a little girl with a “boy” name I would feel short-changed. I much prefer having a girlie name with a boyish nickname, Like [name]Francesca[/name] and the nn [name]Frankie[/name].
I just dislike the fact that many boy names are being “lost” to the girls…