Luca

I am due with my first in [name_f]February[/name_f] and my husband and I love the name [name_u]Luca[/name_u]. We were thinking [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] ([name_m]Joseph[/name_m] is a family name).

My reservations - I’m worried this name is going to become very popular. It keeps rising in the charts and there is a Pixar movie set to come out next [name_u]June[/name_u] called [name_u]Luca[/name_u]. I am worried [name_u]Luca[/name_u] will become the new [name_u]Liam[/name_u] (used to love the name [name_u]Liam[/name_u] and no one had this name and all of a sudden it’s the most popular baby name multiple years in a row). I also hate that some people say [name_u]Luca[/name_u] is a gender neutral name. I don’t typically like gender neutral names for boys and I don’t want people confused if the name is for a boy or girl.

Thoughts?

1 Like

I love [name_u]Luca[/name_u], I think it will rise in popularity then fall again. It’s a much more popular boy name and I think it will stay this way.

Luca [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] is so handsome and strong.

Sorry if this doesn’t help.

1 Like

Luca is so cute and boyish

Luca [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] is pretty handsome. I can understand why people say [name_u]Luca[/name_u] is gender neutral (to me it isn’t). It’s soft and ending in -a. But [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] sounds all boyish to me.

Here in Spain names like [name_u]Luca[/name_u] or [name_m]Marco[/name_m] (mostly italian short names) are becoming a trend. The name would probably become very popular in the next few years, but I don’t think that’s an issue because your [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] will be born in a few months and probably won’t go to school with many more [name_u]Luca[/name_u](s)!

It’s 51st in [name_f]England[/name_f], which is higher than the US, and I’ve still only come across 1 in my 3 years in primary schools.

You can’t change popularity after he’s born and it won’t affect him too much in school etc. since he’ll interact with his own class born the same time as him. It’s possible there’ll be another [name_u]Luca[/name_u] but [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] is such a lovely name and it’s not even Top 50 in the US.

1 Like

Luca [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] is lovely, and while I do think that [name_u]Luca[/name_u] will become more popular, I don’t think that’s something to worry about! I also think that even though some people use [name_u]Luca[/name_u] for girls, it still seems primarily masculine to me.

1 Like

If you love the name, regardless of popularity or a movie, you should use it. [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] is a very handsome combo!

Luca is a very masculine name to me. I’ve meet many [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], none of whom were female. I think it will increase in popularity (you’d probably meet as many [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] as there are Belles, Jasmines, and Ariels), but even if it does, it doesn’t detract from the handsomeness of [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m].

I’ve never heard of it being a girls name — too me it’s masculine. Luca Joseph is sweet. I’d go with it if I were you.

Every [name_u]Luca[/name_u] I’ve met has been a girl and every [name_m]Luka[/name_m] has been a boy.

I have never met a female [name_u]Luca[/name_u]. I think it is similar to common names but not to popular.

Luca is fabulous, go for it!

The only female [name_u]Luca[/name_u] I met spelt it [name_u]Lucca[/name_u]

My [name_u]Luca[/name_u] is 5. I can’t believe a movie is being made he is going to love it . It’s a very sweet natured name or maybe I just think that because that’s his personality. Also a song by [name_f]Suzzanne[/name_f] vega called [name_m]Luka[/name_m]…

Do you like [name_m]Luka[/name_m] might be an option.